Opinion Do you think people would be taking the covid more seriously if...

another 80 something senator came down with Covid but is doing fine
upload_2020-11-18_10-37-10.jpeg

Remember, the same members of the Democrat Reich that were quick to say folks like Trump and Christie would die immediately said they were both making it up when they beat it in days.

Yes, if China was held remotely responsible from the Democrat and MSM reich, there would be some credibility and people would have paid more attention. The dems have blood on their hands due to their fear and pandering to Chy Na.

No, we're doing better because we have far less people and far less densely populated areas. Comparing the two country's numbers is fucking retarded.
You're daft , most Canadians live in densely populated cities , can you do simple math ?

We have approximately 1/10 the population of our neighbors to the south, The US has had11.5 million cases and 250k deaths , we 310,000 and 1100 deaths .

The numbers don't lie

The ones on lungs contain no reference to any studies:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...oronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs

Where are the numbers on how likely it is for a reasonably healthy individual to get any sort of permanent damage from a covid infection? How does this compare to other forms of pneumonia?

You said "many many otherwise healthy people"? How do you quantify "many many"? I'm not seeing a convincing argument for me to live in fear.

Self preservation and fear are not the same thing.

You guys are behaving as if there is no risk here, other than to old people.

It's dangerous idiocy, considering you guys clearly don't have the capability to assess any information you're seeing or reading.

You're daft , most Canadians live in densely populated cities , can you do simple math ?

Not even remotely close to the volume of densely packed areas in the US. Not to mention the variables at work that makes the direct comparison on raw numbers useless, as not everyone is operating under the same umbrella. For example, you'd have to take into account testing volume as well. They have tested the entire population of Canada two times over at around 80 million tests. We're at around 9 million. Then there are the deaths and hospitalizations to which you would have to break down the numbers on vulnerable populations, health care facilities, etc, etc, to get a handle on. This isn't something you can judge in a bubble, like we're all living under the exact same conditions.

Regardless, it wasn't the point. I wasn't making it a competition of who has more cases. The point was that Canadians(like most) are not taking it seriously, which is why the numbers keep spiking and everyone is still going about their business. Why? Because they are simply not afraid of the virus. That was the point. We're not doing a great job. We are worse off now, than when it first peaked. That does not deserve a pat on the back. That is a failure. We learned nothing, have actually gotten worse over time, and people still don't give a shit.

Not even remotely close to the volume of densely packed areas in the US. Not to mention the variables at work that makes the direct comparison on raw numbers useless, as not everyone is operating under the same umbrella. For example, you'd have to take into account testing volume as well. They have tested the entire population of Canada two times over at around 80 million tests. We're at around 9 million. Then there are the deaths and hospitalizations to which you would have to break down the numbers on vulnerable populations, health care facilities, etc, etc, to get a handle on. This isn't something you can judge in a bubble, like we're all living under the exact same conditions.

Regardless, it wasn't the point. I wasn't making it a competition of who has more cases. The point was that Canadians(like most) are not taking it seriously, which is why the numbers keep spiking and everyone is still going about their business. Why? Because they are simply not afraid of the virus. That was the point. We're not doing a great job. We are worse off now, than when it first peaked. That does not deserve a pat on the back. That is a failure. We learned nothing, have actually gotten worse over time, and people still don't give a shit.
If you're theory held water then the most densely populated areas within Canada would have similar numbers to densely populated areas within the US but of course that isn't the case , and then of course you have areas like south Dakota which is getting hammered , and no one would describe South Dakota as densely populated ,we know why they are in a bad way , they didn't take it seriously

We've handled the pandemic much better than the US , that isn't arguable, and that's due in large part because most people have taken the situation seriously and have followed the recommended precautions , wearing masks, social distancing and avoiding large groups .

If you're theory held water then the most densely populated areas within Canada would have similar numbers to densely populated areas within the US but of course that isn't the case , and then of course you have areas like south Dakota which is getting hammered , and no one would describe South Dakota as densely populated ,we know why they are in a bad way , they didn't take it seriously

And what about the states that did take it seriously? You know, states like Cali and New York. Oh' that's right, they're getting hammered all the same. So much for your theory about "seriousness" being the difference.

We've handled the pandemic much better than the US , that isn't arguable, and that's due in large part because most people have taken the situation seriously and have followed the recommended precautions , wearing masks, social distancing and avoiding large groups .

I repeat, the comparison to the US is not the topic. Canada has not handled it well. Canadians are not lock step with the guidelines. The government has not been able to stem the flow. This is not a success by any measure, and the ultimate reason for it is that people are not taking it seriously. We couldn't even keep it out of Nunavut.

You are basically comparing a house fire to a building fire, and patting yourself on the back for being the house fire.

Self preservation and fear are not the same thing.

You guys are behaving as if there is no risk here, other than to old people.

It's dangerous idiocy, considering you guys clearly don't have the capability to assess any information you're seeing or reading.

Exactly; this stuff is going right over my head. If you want to convince us, please explicitly present the relevant data demonstrating why healthy people should be concerned about self-preservation.

I genuinely fear for the safety of my young son if he participates in even a small fraction of the dangerous activities I've done and continue to do in my life. And I think I'm pretty average in that regard, for a guy who grew up in the Canadian prairies. Yet I have no fear of my household being exposed to the covid virus. Something's not getting across to me and all the other people who think this situation is overblown.

Wait, you're telling me that Canada, one of largest land masses on the planet with a population less than that of California, is miraculously doing a little better than America and it's jam packed 340,000,000 people? No way! You really showed me.

This isn't about Trump, genius. It's about people in general being apathetic to the dangers of the virus, because the virus simply isn't that dangerous to the vast, VAST majority of people.

What did Trotz post why hr got banned?

As a Canadian, I can tell you that this is bullshit. The world does not revolve around Trump.

People aren't taking it seriously, because it's not a serious threat to them. End of story.

Then there is Brampton, where the rate of infection is like twice that of the US. <Lmaoo>

China was actually being blamed for it and the international organizations were actually doing something against then? I understand there are some really pretentious people out there and some are just straight up not smart, but its not a good look for the international organizations when they don't stand up against this type of stuff.

It's just going to be hard to get people to take it seriously when the majority who get it describe it as "like the flu".

People would take it more seriously if there wasn’t a cult formed around Trump’s opinion and Trump downplayed it from the get go because he wanted the stock market to hold on and it magically go away

Those darn college kids and there cult of Trump.

China was actually being blamed for it and the international organizations were actually doing something against then? I understand there are some really pretentious people out there and some are just straight up not smart, but its not a good look for the international organizations when they don't stand up against this type of stuff.

I think it would end up exposing to the public how routine it is for labs around the world to be messing around with viruses. They don't want that.

No. I think there are certain types of people who believe Trump, no matter how many people die, regardless of their age. They could be 17m or 77. The only difference is they belive this fool that was given drugs that 99% of America can not get, and he got them because is still the POTUS. All his Idiot followers will die, and i really don't care, serves them right, I feel bad for the people who actually know whats going on.

The second the same politicians who were selling this as air born Ebola were caught ignoring their own guidelines and basically allowed rioting is the second much of the country stopped taking it seriously. It's very obvious that its being used as a massive political weapon.

Back