Do you think people with bigger heads are generally more intelligent?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When I was a kid in elementary school, there was this kid that we called egghead. His head was noticeably bigger than everyone else's in class and he got teased for it. He was also the smartest kid in class. He was pretty cool, though. This was in the 80s and he was like our videogame hero lol. He hooked us up with cheats for NES games.

Is there a correlation between head size and intelligence? How about brain size?

I'm specifically talking about humans and I'm discounting people with rare physical deformations.

No because a lot of retarded kids have huge heads, and they think licking windows is fun.

I think big heads tend to lean towards being retarded more than anything. I had neighbors who had 3 sons, all 3 had huge heads, momma was a crackhead or something, all had learning disabilities. I think even 2 of them were able to get disability checks. Not making fun of the guys, they seem mostly normal just not very bright

No, but I think they can take a punch better.

I don’t think so. But if you’re a naturally larger built person, it’s better to have a larger head that fits your body type.

I do remember in school there were a few legitimate vegetables that had no business being in a public school that clearly weren’t capable of learning anything - just drooling and screaming random sounds disrupting the classes. They happened to have ginormous heads. So it often could have something to do with severe mental retardation.

I have a pretty small head and Im way smarter than Tito! Im also a small guy

I think they have better chins but smaller brains, just really dense skulls.

big-brain.jpg

Well, that would make Tito Ortiz a Mensa candidate. So much for your theory...

Science says people with bigger heads are less likely to get dementia.

Let me tell you some other statistics:

Men have bigger heads than women
Men have bigger brains than women

You don't need to be a statistician to work out there is a correlation between human head size and brain size.

I won't even go into the statistics of which gender is more intelligent than the other to argue that bigger brain = more intelligent.

Of course, it's all about averages. There are exceptions. Some people with tiny heads work hard and achieve a lot. Some people with huge heads have a brain tumor, etc.

No, because I’m not a five year old. And because I’m super smart. Because my head is gigantic.

Ever heard the phrase; The only way he could be any dumber is if he had a bigger head?

Tito was destroyed ITT...

Perhaps on average, but definitely not always. I'll be damned if sometimes it doesn't make people dumber. My head is slightly bigger than average, I suppose.

I'm not sure there is a correlation.

I don't think a big head necessarily means a big brain, or even if a bigger brain is correlated with higher intelligence. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know, I like learning new information.

Yes but it depends on the shape of the big head if it’s eggplant shaped that means retarded but if it’s more circlular it means they have higher brain function

I'm not sure there is a correlation.

I don't think a big head necessarily means a big brain, or even if a bigger brain is correlated with higher intelligence. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know, I like learning new information.

It’s cerebral

Back