Do you think Ngannou will run into someone who has a chin that can take his power?

There is no one with a "chin" who can take Ngannou's power because getting KO'd at heavyweight is not about how good your "chin" is. Anyone can get knocked out at Heavyweight, especially against guys like Ngannou.

In their second fight, Miocic demonstrated ridiculous durability, a prime example of someone who can take a lot of damage, but still ended up getting KO'd. If you keep getting hit by someone like Ngannou, you're going to get put down eventually, doesn't matter how well you can take it. Even guys with unreal ability to take shots like Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson have been KO'd.

If you don't want to get KO'd by Ngannou, you don't do it by having a "chin" that can take his shots, you do it by not getting hit in the first place like Stipe in the first fight.
I get that and you’re right but historically whether in boxing or MMA there is gonna be a guy out there who even the scariest punchers like Foreman, Shavers, Julian Jackson etc have failed to put out and lost because of it. There are probably better examples of it happening in MMA but I rewatched Foreman vs Holyfield and how Holyfield literally sat in the pocket for 12 rounds and out brawled him while getting tagged repeatedly. It’s just interesting to think about that there may be someone out there who legit can walk through his shots and beat him. Doubt that person is in MMA though.

Last edited:
I think Lewis KOs him

Ngannou is extremely overrated, he has a couple of good wins and the rest are old washed up cans. His record looks good on paper but doesn’t mean a whole lot.
One of the worst posts ive seen for a while. Lols

You don't get an award for taking shots from a super heavy hitter. You lose more than you gain.

Anyway fighting at heavyweight is a unique class of its own where anybody can knock anybody out. They are fighting at the upper limits of human weight limits/power. Everyone is kind of a glass cannon at heavyweight. I don't think anyone can afford or be able to take one too many heavy shots from another person

As history has shown us, there is always someone out there who can take your power, give it right back to you and make you crumble. Whether this happens to Ngannou is yet to be seen but I truly wonder is there some young and upcoming HW that might end up being the one who can take repeated shots from him and not be fazed.
How exactly has history "shown us" that someone always come along who can repeatedly eat power shots from huge punchers? If anything, history has demonstrated that someone usually comes along who can avoid the kill shot and exploit the power puncher's weakness. Rest assured, no human is taking repeated shots from Ngannou (or any huge puncher, for that matter) without being fazed.

The question isn't who can take his punch but who can beat him to the punch or wrestle fuck him.

He ran into someone who could take his power in the first stipe fight.

How exactly has history "shown us" that someone always come along who can repeatedly eat power shots from huge punchers? If anything, history has demonstrated that someone usually comes along who can avoid the kill shot and exploit the power puncher's weakness. Rest assured, no human is taking repeated shots from Ngannou (or any huge puncher, for that matter) without being fazed.
Not MMA but Holyfield legit sat in the pocket and out brawled Foreman while eating kill shot after kill shot from a man who arguably hits just as hard as Ngannou. Not everybody has to avoid the shot if they can take it, but then again I don’t think there’s a person like that in MMA, especially at HW which is still shit.

Last edited:
You have to wear Francis down and get him on his back. Drain his power to open up striking, or just keep him there.

Stipe in the first fight had endured some of Ngano's big shots,
and even 39 yrs old uncle Stipe ate Ngano's best shots who was 30lbs+ heavier than Miocic.

So yes.

Eventually yes, or more specifically someone who can put him on his back and keep him there. I dont think its any of the current crop though. He will keep that belt for years imo.

Why does one have to die to meet their maker?
It's just a phrase, been around for decades if not longer. Possibly a biblical translation based on a google search. Actually "dies" and "meets one's maker" is basically a synonym so I over did it.

If he hits anyone with an uppercut like the one that lifted Overeem off his feet…then nooo.

Back