Do you think Ngannou will run into someone who has a chin that can take his power?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As history has shown us, there is always someone out there who can take your power, give it right back to you and make you crumble. Whether this happens to Ngannou is yet to be seen but I truly wonder is there some young and upcoming HW that might end up being the one who can take repeated shots from him and not be fazed.

He already has, it's one of the worst fights as well.
Ngannou-and-Lewis-2-1200x900.png

As history has shown us, there is always someone out there who can take your power, give it right back to you and make you crumble. Whether this happens to Ngannou is yet to be seen but I truly wonder is there some young and upcoming HW that might end up being the one who can take repeated shots from him and not be fazed.

Imo if your strategy is to "take" francis power, its not a good one.
Better run...excuse me, better move, use footwork, keep him at distance with kicks and try to make him use his gas tank.
Easy to state though

There is no one with a "chin" who can take Ngannou's power because getting KO'd at heavyweight is not about how good your "chin" is. Anyone can get knocked out at Heavyweight, especially against guys like Ngannou.

In their second fight, Miocic demonstrated ridiculous durability, a prime example of someone who can take a lot of damage, but still ended up getting KO'd. If you keep getting hit by someone like Ngannou, you're going to get put down eventually, doesn't matter how well you can take it. Even guys with unreal ability to take shots like Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson have been KO'd.

If you don't want to get KO'd by Ngannou, you don't do it by having a "chin" that can take his shots, you do it by not getting hit in the first place like Stipe in the first fight.

There is no one with a "chin" who can take Ngannou's power because getting KO'd at heavyweight is not about how good your "chin" is. Anyone can get knocked out at Heavyweight, especially against guys like Ngannou.

In their second fight, Miocic demonstrated ridiculous durability, a prime example of someone who can take a lot of damage, but still ended up getting KO'd. If you keep getting hit by someone like Ngannou, you're going to get put down eventually, doesn't matter how well you can take it. Even guys with unreal ability to take shots like Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson have been KO'd.

If you don't want to get KO'd by Ngannou, you don't do it by having a "chin" that can take his shots, you do it by not getting hit in the first place like Stipe in the first fight.
Exactly. You beat him with skills and execution. Stipe had it in the first fight, but not so much in the second. Ngannou definitely worked on his game and got better. Stipe might be past the point where he can still beat Ngannou. I think Gane has the right style and skills to beat Black Beast and possibly Ngannou.

No man can take a clean punch from Ngannou, maybe when he gets older but not now. Ngannou was coming off a loss and had a horrible gun shy performance against Lewis. Not saying that Lewis can’t win again, maybe he has the style to confuse Francis and avoid danger but he wouldn’t be able to take a good ole bomb square in the face.

I think Lewis KOs him

Ngannou is extremely overrated, he has a couple of good wins and the rest are old washed up cans. His record looks good on paper but doesn’t mean a whole lot.
At least he didnt quit against washed up old cans like a 40 something year old Mark Hunt and out of prime JDS

Anyone in HW div can get slept at any moment by another HW. Thats just the nature of that division. They all have power and if a shot lands it could end the night for anyone.

When he dies and meets his maker. God's chin. Don't know why Francis is punching him, but here we are.

No man can take a clean punch from Ngannou, maybe when he gets older but not now. Ngannou was coming off a loss and had a horrible gun shy performance against Lewis. Not saying that Lewis can’t win again, maybe he has the style to confuse Francis and avoid danger but he wouldn’t be able to take a good ole bomb square in the face.
Completely agree about the first fight. Honestly, I highly doubt Lewis makes it past Gane. I think Gane stops him with a body shot or with volume and Lewis getting gassed, or at least gets a dominant decision. I don't think Lewis gets a Hail Mary KO like against Volkov, but you never know, I suppose...

Anyone in HW div can get slept at any moment by another HW. Thats just the nature of that division. They all have power and if a shot lands it could end the night for anyone.
exactly it's the toughest category, because of that there's never been a dominant champion in HW.

Exactly. You beat him with skills and execution. Stipe had it in the first fight, but not so much in the second. Ngannou definitely worked on his game and got better. Stipe might be past the point where he can still beat Ngannou. I think Gane has the right style and skills to beat Black Beast and possibly Ngannou.

images

Francis is training Striking with the legendary Teddy, Grappling with Usman the green Francis that Miocic fought doesn't exist anymore this is a scarier monster now.

Back