Do you think movie stars are extremely special people?

No.

Some are just good at their job.

Hell no. They are professional fakers. I appreciate what they do, but I have more respect for people like brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

I actually used to know a rocket scientist, really nice bloke.

There are very few celebrities that I would care to meet.

I actually used to know a rocket scientist, really nice bloke.

I know a guy that works at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk actually. The guy calculates flight paths for satellites and stuff. Great guy as well.

I have worked with quite a few. Are they extremely special people? No not necessarily. Some are jerks and completely full of themselves. Some have been sad and pathetic. Some have been the coolest and most down to earth people I have ever met. They all have money and pay me well to do a job.

Hell no. They are professional fakers. I appreciate what they do, but I have more respect for people like brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

I only have respect for rocket surgeons.

Of course, they are gods among us.

Maybe because we as a society feel compelled to elevate a chosen few among us to that level. By and large it's not for anything they have done to earn the distinction.

they're good at pretending. that's about it. if you consider that special, then you consider that special.

I know a guy that works at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk actually. The guy calculates flight paths for satellites and stuff. Great guy as well.

i knew e.t. beat that!

I had to google, it looks really nice.

Extremely rare. No. Extremely privileged, yes.

I guess that's how it goes with any art form eh? Literature, painting, film, music... popularity doesn't equal talent.

Not really. You actually have to have some kind of skill to be a writer, artist, musician, etc. If Jayden Smith can be an actor, it's not an art form. There is no Jayden Smith of music because you actually have to know how to play music in order to play it. All acting requires is that you can read. And before anyone brings up Justin Bieber, just remember that he is not a musician. He is a lesbian who sings music other people write. It's about the same level as acting on the performance arts hierarchy.

In other words, do you think that they have god-like qualities that are held by only one in millions, the way the media portrays them? I don't think they do, although some are very beautiful and talented, many of them are in the game because they're related to an already established star (son, brother, sister, grandson, granddaughter, niece, nephew, etc.)

Had they not been related to an already big star, there odds of success would have been the same as any other Tom, Dick, or Lisa who moves to Hollywood with big dreams, and knows nobody.

Absolutely nothing special at all. There are a ton of fantastic actors, gorgeous women, and jaw dropping singers that never get famous ever.

What famous people have in common is luck. There were in the right place at the right time for a wealthy person to see them and back them financially because they figured they could get richer off that person by making them a star.

I know a few people who were family friends with George Clooney. The guy worked his ass off his whole life and had absolutely nothing to show for it until he was well into middle age. He gets a main part in ER, and BOOM now he's an A lister.

Of course they're fucking special. Holy shit at the envy and bitterness lmao.

After they're in movies they may be treated special, but what I what I was talking about was what it takes to get in movies in the first place.

I mean, the number of people who got in the game because they were blood relatives to some already well-known Hollywood "big shot" is staggering. All I'm saying is that for many of these types of people, there are thousands who would have been just as successful had they had the connections (maybe a grandson or Harvey Weinstein, or the brother of Ben Affleck, or Francis Ford Coppola's nephew, etc.). If you truly don't think bloodline matters, that's shocking. I'd think you'd understand living in Orange County.

By the way, I'm not saying there aren't very beautiful, very talented and charismatic people in Hollywood, I'm just saying those qualities are not necessary at all if you have a powerful relative already in the game.

Back