Do you think movie stars are extremely special people?

Doubt anyone is going to come on here and speak about how highly they respect actors. I personally sat next to Ashton Kutcher for an hour At an airport bar having drinks then immediately sat next to him In the same aisle on the plane flight from Oakland to Burbank. I saw dozens of people come up to him and get pictures and even 1 obnoxious lady try and spark a conversation over world issues with him. So yeah, regardless of what anyone says on here, truth is countless random citizens go crazy over celebs. I have family member from the midwest(Iowa, Missouri) and they visit us in southern cal and won't shut the fuck up about meeting celebs.

Lol fuck no. I don't care about them (I like horror movies anyway, not many "Stars"). I could sit next to Brad Pitt and Rober De Nero and wouldn't look twice...... But, if I was next to say Max Cavalera or Kerry King I would get all wet. Probably because I consider them actually talented...

As someone who is insanely into metal, and especially thrash, I can honestly say that both De Niro and, to a lesser extent, Pitt, are far more talented vs their peers than guys like Kerry King and Max Cavalera are vs theirs. I love Slayer and Kerry was a major factor in my early love for metal, but he is one of the most overrated guitarists in the history of the genre. Max is far from a standout, though I will give him credit for contributing a lot to Sepultura's best period from 1987-1993.

As far as acting goes, a guy like De Niro is more comparable to someone like Halford, Dio, Dave Lombardo, Pete Sandoval, or Chuck Schuldiner. Truly one of a kind talent in his field.

No. I could care less if they made more than a normal wage. They are not special and I think most people from a young age could do it.

I recently watched The Avengers, and I really can't think of anything that Scarlett Johansson did, that couldn't be done by just about anybody with a few months of training. Besides being so hot. So, people like her cheapen it.
You could have mentioned Under the Skin, Lost in Translation, Ghost World, Vicky Christian Barcelona, Match Point, Don Jon, The Prestige, even her mere voice work on Her, but instead you reduced Scarlett to her role in The Avengers as a mean of belittling her. Sorry, but your ignorance is shining. She's no Denise Richards. Hell, she's not even a Jennifer Love Hewitt. If Scarlett "cheapened" celebrity, then she wouldn't have lasted. Even the prettiest actresses without talent don't last. They are relegated to scraping for network/cable television roles, or starring in B-movies, or they simply outright disappear altogether. These days that breed could probably get some "accidentally leaked" sex tape work.

Not Scarlett. She doesn't need it. Why? Because she can act. Flat out. The girl has chops.

Furthermore, she goes beyond that. Scarlett is really the closest thing we have to an actress carrying Marilyn Monroe's torch as the defining seductress of her generation. She's the first person in history to win Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" twice. She's in People magazine's list every year. She's probably won more major awards like that than any other living woman. That alone reflects that she possesses an extremely special, goddess-like trait justifying her transcendence to "celebrity" status.

Some I've met have been really lovely and really funny. My husband's worked with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jared Leto and they were really up themselves to the point of speaking via PAs rather than my other half's staff.

Jimmy Kimmel said he wanted to choke Leto when he wast last on the show.

Nah.

I don't understand people who get star struck when meeting them either.

The most star struck I think I've ever been is meeting chefs in their restaurants. Chefs who've had TV shows admittedly so they're sort of celebrities but I've been reduced to a gibbering wreck in their restaurants when they come to my table and introduce themselves.

Acting is not brain surgery or curing cancer. Not a lot of talent needed.

Jimmy Kimmel said he wanted to choke Leto when he wast last on the show.

My husband said he could break him by just blowing on him. So very very skinny. It was a Hugo frangrance shoot the same as with Gwyneth and they were both complete arseholes.

And yet he spent the day shooting with Rhianna and she was an absolute joy to work with. Hysterically funny, really good bird.

Most of them are just pretty. Some are talented but going as far as you go in the OP and calling them Gods is a bit silly. Some are talented and pretty.

But it seems like looks takes you further then talent in most cases, if you are ready to really exploit it that is.

You could have mentioned Under the Skin, Lost in Translation, Ghost World, Vicky Christian Barcelona, Match Point, Don Jon, The Prestige, even her mere voice work on Her, but instead you reduced Scarlett to her role in The Avengers as a mean of belittling her. Sorry, but your ignorance is shining. She's no Denise Richards. Hell, she's not even a Jennifer Love Hewitt. If Scarlett "cheapened" celebrity, then she wouldn't have lasted. Even the prettiest actresses without talent don't last. They are relegated to scraping for network/cable television roles, or starring in B-movies, or they simply outright disappear altogether. These days that breed could probably get some "accidentally leaked" sex tape work.

Not Scarlett. She doesn't need it. Why? Because she can act. Flat out. The girl has chops.

Furthermore, she goes beyond that. Scarlett is really the closest thing we have to an actress carrying Marilyn Monroe's torch as the defining seductress of her generation. She's the first person in history to win Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" twice. She's in People magazine's list every year. She's probably won more major awards like that than any other living woman. That alone reflects that she possesses an extremely special, goddess-like trait justifying her transcendence to "celebrity" status.

None of that hot air changes the fact, that anybody could have done what she did in The Avengers. If anybody can do it, it cheapens it. Not just anyone can write a decent movie, apparently anyone can act in one though.

Her being in People, and all that. Doesn't change anything. It's actually exactly what the TS is arguing against. Those magazines blow these people up, as something more than they really are.

My husband said he could break him by just blowing on him. So very very skinny. It was a Hugo frangrance shoot the same as with Gwyneth and they were both complete arseholes.

And yet he spent the day shooting with Rhianna and she was an absolute joy to work with. Hysterically funny, really good bird.

Nice to hear that she's nice. I like her music but it wouldn't have surprised if somebody said that it all went to her head. Seems unavoidable at her level of success. She's been on the top of the charts since 2005 with Pon de Replay.

Yes, I consider them god-like. Infallible, omnipotent...you name it, kiddo.

Why else would they be so famous?

I played basketball vs Jamie fox about 8 months ago. He sucked. He had all kinds of yes men around him giving him jig fives for bricking three.

No, just jewish.

897_original.gif

I think she's beautiful and talented, but I definitely don't think she has qualities that are super rare. Beauty and talent are quite common, especially with actresses.

Even if Scarlett did have some qualities that are super-rare, it doesn't even matter as far as her becoming a star, you don't need to be special to be a movie star. If you're related to somebody who is a star, for example, you're guaranteed work.

Now, to be at the top, you have to have charisma and a good look, and be able to act at least a little bit. But I was saying that for many actors, they are movie stars without all that....it's enough to be someone's son, daughter, or other blood-relative.

None of that hot air changes the fact, that anybody could have done what she did in The Avengers. If anybody can do it, it cheapens it. Not just anyone can write a decent movie, apparently anyone can act in one though.

Her being in People, and all that. Doesn't change anything. It's actually exactly what the TS is arguing against. Those magazines blow these people up, as something more than they really are.

Basically....yes, even if Scarlett has 1 in 100,000 talent and beauty, it doesn't matter. You can be a very successful movie star with 1 in 3 talent and beauty. In some cases, there is literally no way you won't be a movie star (being Will Smith's son for example).

somebody has got a crush. lol.

Scarlett has won me over, over the years. Was not a big fan of hers early on.

But lets be real, getting ranked via magazine cover or lists is only a function of the magazine trying to glam on to the 'it' girl of the moment. Miley will be named the worlds sexiest woman time and again if they think it will make someone pick up a magazine.

And yes Scarlett has endured, but I would argue (as a growing fan) that it is because she is actually becoming better looking and a better actor as she ages instead of just a big pair of boobs ala Kat Dennings (sp?). Well heck she might endure and evolve too if she improves her acting chops and thus pointing to her longevity is not the accomplishment it might appear. Only the latter half, where talent shines, would matter.

I guess I am trying to say that while she is good and improved she is no Cate Blanchett.

Not necessarily special, but extremely driven. From what I've seen, most become douches and forget who they are.

Back