Do you think Mendes would take the Zabit fight?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And in case he did, would the UFC even make that fight?

One is ranked 15, the other is ranked 5.

Was that too high of a callout on zabits part? Seems unlikely something like this would get done and a wasted callout, but hell, i wanted to see that

Last edited:
Zabit looks very beatable, but Chad probably wants someone higher

Chad could win that fight but he prob wants Edgar/Kz winner

Then I’d book Aldo and moicano

Nah he wouldn't. Chad was trying to get to his spot asap. Man has title aspirations. He's probably at the tail end of his career. Time to make some real money.

Zabit looks very beatable, but Chad probably wants someone higher

I don't get these sort of comments...and they all started appearing after his fight last night...I don't get it.. He chose to do nothing the 1st round..literally nothing, yet still won the round with a late round takedown.. 2nd round starts and he takes the guy apart...taking him down repeatedly..then submits him like nothing...now all I keep seeing are guys saying how beatable he is..based off of that fight...he was barely hit in that fight and ended it in the 2nd round...i don't get it...

Would like to see Zabit tested by the higher ups, but I can see Chad feeling it not worth the risk.

Great potential scrap though.

Would Pick Chad

Bad matchup for Zabit imo

Why not? He just fought Jury, who's not highly rated, so I don't see why he'd balk at the idea of fighting Zabit.

Rankings are arbitrary and unnecessary. This fight should be made and I think Zabit would whoop him. Feed the old dogs to the young lions. We can't keep all these old featherweights like Lamas/Edgar/Mendes fighting each other on the merry-go-round of contendership while there are beasts like Ortega/Moicano/Zabit on the rise. Time for a changing of the guard.

Zabit should move to bellator and make ufc champ money if they continue to not give him top 10 fights its none sense ida fuckin left a while ago the guy is only getting older ufc manages these guys piss poorly got an undefeated hungry zabit magical different fighter who could bring so many fans and money to the sport and there not utilizing this... Zabit vs Max every body would buy this over max vs chad vs aldo3 vs stephens yea we all want ortega first but hell id rather see ortega at lw to be honest i want ortega vs khabib.

I don't get these sort of comments...and they all started appearing after his fight last night...I don't get it.. He chose to do nothing the 1st round..literally nothing, yet still won the round with a late round takedown.. 2nd round starts and he takes the guy apart...taking him down repeatedly..then submits him like nothing...now all I keep seeing are guys saying how beatable he is..based off of that fight...he was barely hit in that fight and ended it in the 2nd round...i don't get it...
I just feel he's abit over hyped, I want to see him against the elite fighters to see how he does.

latest

People really need to go back and watch that fight and actually analyze it. It's pretty masterful on Zabit's part. I think some fans (casuals) don't really understand what they're watching when they watch him. A few questions I'd ask them is A) whether he looks more vulnerable in Southpaw or Orthodox? B) Is he a better striker or grappler? C) Did you see him in trouble? D) Do you see in holes in his game? When they think about those four questions they'll really understand why people think he's so good.

Rankings are arbitrary and unnecessary. This fight should be made and I think Zabit would whoop him. Feed the old dogs to the young lions. We can't keep all these old featherweights like Lamas/Edgar/Mendes fighting each other on the merry-go-round of contendership while there are beasts like Ortega/Moicano/Zabit on the rise. Time for a changing of the guard.

I have no need to submit my own comments in reply to this thread now thanks to this guy ^^^

I don’t think Chad would take it. But hell it would be an interesting fight!

Chad could win that fight but he prob wants Edgar/Kz winner

Then I’d book Aldo and moicano

Mendes was just on a 3 fight losing streak, 2 of those losses by knock out, and he pissed hot. Beating myles jury does not let him have yet another crack at top 3 guys. He needs to put more work in before we act like it's 2014 again.

Coming off of a doping suspension, he doesn’t deserve to be picking and choosing.

Mendes was just on a 3 fight losing streak, 2 of those losses by knock out, and he pissed hot. Beating myles jury does not let him have yet another crack at top 3 guys. He needs to put more work in before we act like it's 2014 again.

Well I did nothing memorable in the last 4 years so I could easily act like that

<GinJuice>

Depends

We'll see how far up the ranking Zabit has shot when they update
If he's now low top 10 I think he'd take it.

Depends how long he wants to wait to fight. I think Moicano - Aldo will likely happen so everyone above him will be tied up.

Back