Do you think Media is being hypocritical with treatment of Steve Scalise??

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by SpidermanISGOAT, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SpidermanISGOAT

SpidermanISGOAT Purple Belt

If you have not been following Steve Scalise is the House Majority Whip who spoke at some white Supremacist meeting over a decade ago.

I am not even a Republican, but it is disgusting that the media is trying to spin the narrative that "all Republicans are racist/white Supremacist". Are we forgetting that there have been racists in the Democratic party? Are we forgetting of the race baiters in the Democrat party?

Now this isn't all of the media but now the white house is rolling with it.

2. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

They're overreacting to this in pretty much the same way they overreacted to Obama's ties to Reverend Wright and all that.

So, pretty much what's expected when something that makes for good headlines comes around...KKK moves the meter, I knew it would be a big brouhaha the second I heard about it.

Both sides take the opportunities to score points when they can.

3. Jukai

Jukai Silver Belt

Well, I mean....

Dude spoke at a White Supremacist meeting and he's the House Majority Whip.

So no, while him being a racist does not mean that all Republicans are racist... it does mean that the Republicans elected a racist to as the whip of the House of Representatives, whose job is to make sure they are all in line ideologically.

Kind of saying something...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  4. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

5. FinalFight

FinalFight Black Belt

I don't know about you guys, but I have a huge race boner right now with all these race threads popping up.

6. Possum Jenkins

Possum Jenkins 3 Piece with a Soda Belt

Was wondering when the wildly laughable false equivalences would start. Was not disappointed.

White supremacist movement = Black liberation movement.

After all, they both focus on race, don't they?? They like to shout "Black/White pride!" It's totally the same thing, they're both races!

7. InvestigatorIL

InvestigatorIL Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

White Supremacists vote too!!

I would have to see what the speech was all about, but common sense would tell a person not to speak at these sorts of events but we are talking about the republican party after all

8. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

False equivalencies my ass.

The right wing media took the Wright stuff, and grafted all of his beliefs and words and even slips of tongue onto Obama and the democratic party. I'm sure you agree that that is not fair.

Same as they're doing now...the guy speaks to a supremacist group and the left wing media uses it as an opportunity to assume that means he and all republicans are part of their group and think the same way they do. Also not fair.

I'm not saying the white supremacist movement = black liberation movement, and you know that. I'm saying partisan media sucks.

9. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Is the problem that the mainstream media are covering the story (NB, after failing to uncover it themselves, despite the information being public) and not inserting editorials in each story saying that over the years, there have been racist Democrats?

Scalise himself said that he shares a lot of (unstated) views with Duke but that he's more electable.

If Republicans would do what Clinton did with "Sister Souljah," they'd go a long way. But, of course, they never would because racists are a large and essential part of their coalition.

10. kuromusha

kuromusha LONZO LOOMS 2019

No one is forgetting about these supposed race baiters in the Democratic Party. If you bothered to read the thread, you would realize that half of the posts are about that subject.

11. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

Is the media really spinning that all republicans are racist/white supremacist? That doesn't seem to be happening. If people want to criticize that it has gotten too much attention, I disagree but it's at least worth discussing.

12. ShoelessRye

ShoelessRye Gold Belt

Isn`t majority whip a caucus elected position - so Scalise was elected party whip by his fellow GOP House Reps.

13. HugeMember

HugeMember Stupid F*cker

Maybe he met with them for lessons.

14. Hollywood Nicky

Hollywood Nicky Banned Banned

it's one thing for him to have some contact with a questionable person, that happens to all politicians, but he was actually friends with david duke's campaign manager. that's not just some contact, that's actually really bad. we all know who duke is, he's the former grand dragon of the kkk, that's not a small issue.

i mean the guy was quoted as saying "i'm david duke without all the baggage."

so obviously the media will push the story, but this dude brought it on himself.

15. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

In the same way that MINORITY racists are a large and essential part of the Democratic coalition.

16. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Um, no, actually. As demonstrated by the incident I was referring to in the post you quoted. It was the first sentence of a two-sentence post. Read it again.

17. second sight

second sight Reversing Submissions from Father Time

18. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

19. Jack V Savage

It's not just out of context, it's flat out wrong.

20. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

I don't see an indication that he was talking about fallen black comrades at all. You're right, calling it out of context doesn't go far enough. It appears to be just a fabrication, when he was actually showing solidarity with police officers. I can't say for certain but that's what it looks like to me.