Do you think Jones vs Gus will bring in good money for the UFC?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don’t think so because people already know Jones is a prolific cheater so they’ll stream! What do you think?

There's millions of honest fans that want to see Jones lose.

there are a lot of exchanges from the first fight to use for promo material. that will help

I doubt even half the ufc fans today even saw the first fight.

I doubt even half the ufc fans today even saw the first fight.

Jones has had four fights after that one. The St.-Preux fight was dull, the Teixeira fight is most memorable for the disgraceful eye pokes, and his last fight got him suspended. Recent converts who have watched at most those four of his fights probably won't feel compelled to tune in to see him fight any opponent.

I don't think casuals realize Jones lost the first one. So I doubt it.

DC v Jones 2 did 860,000 buys.
I'd say this would do 650,000 ish?

Most casuals can't even remember the last time either guy fought, nor their names, so it's questionable.

It's not going to bring in any money when Jones pops his next test because he's addicted to and cannot perform without Anabolic Steroids.

The fight's going to get cancelled. Get ready for it

The return of Jones is bigger than Jones fighting every 4 months.

The first fight was a classic.

Some people want to see Jones lose.

I think we're looking at at least 500k buys, and not more than 700k.
I'll go with 600k

I don’t think so because people already know Jones is a prolific cheater so they’ll stream! What do you think?

It will do a lot better than people currently expect. Just wait until the last couple of weeks before the fight and you will see the hype starting to grow very fast when millions of people watch/re-watch the first fight. Casuals just need to get a reminder that Gus is even a bigger threat to Jones than DC ever was.

Historically, Jones has proven not to be a draw all by himself. People don't like him, even though he has had some solid finishes. I don't see this doing all that well.

Back