Do you think Jon Jones would be as successful if he had a normal wingspan?

imo opinion the thing that makes him special is the combonation of reach coupled with the gameplaning of jackson

Jon Jones is not massively over sized. Oh my fucking god you're an idiot. You're not entitled to your own facts. Jon Jones weighs less than a lot of LHW's, including some of the ones he's fought.

So a guy you don't like is a great fighter. Get over it. Tyson was a natural born puncher; are you gonna argue next that he wasn't really skilled, just naturally powerful?

You do understand natural skills play a huge part in athleticism, right?

And also, there's debating ideas, and then there's being a moron. Go look up "Flat Earth Society". Its a group of people that think the earth is flat and there's a conspiracy hundreds of years old to lie to people and say the earth is round. You're essentially a member with your "Jon isn't skilled" ideas.
tl;dr, if you want me to read what you're going to say you need to construct it like a normal human being and not a raving lunatic.

He actually has a fight IQ. he'd adapt to whatever his dimensions are and be successful.

You come into threads and just insult people repeatedly, then have the audacity to call someone else a troll.

Learn how to debate ideas, or express your own without making personal attacks on others. It will help you a lot in life.

I debate good and reasonable ideas. Sorry, but yours doesn't fit in any category. That's why I, unlike You, have never been banned before.

Happy new year and better ideas to you. :icon_lol:

[YT]xOggTrjfx4M[/YT]

I personally don't. There are some fighters I see who look really skilled when they fight, and then there is Jon Jones. When I see him dominate an opponent it never looks like it has anything to do with him being more skilled, and more to do with him having a major, MAJOR physical advantage.

The dude can literally stand back and hit people from a distance where they can never hit him. He does have a strong wrestling base, I'll give him that, but the long arms are also part of that. It's super hard to shoot on someone who can easily keep you at bay just from putting their fingers in your eyes from 3 feet away. But once again if Jon Jones had a normal wingspan, I don't think we would see him nearly as dominant in the sport of MMA.

That to me is why calling Jon Jones the "p4p" best fighter really annoys me. Pound for pound is about skill, and Jon isn't really skilled, he's just genetically blessed. You can't even argue that his skills look anything similar to Jose Aldo or Anthony Pettis.

Reach is a god given talent. Every fighter has them, you are nitpicking one.

Would Anderson Silva have been as good without his god given amazing reflexes? Would Hendo or Mark Hunt have had successful careers without being able to take punches better than most guys? What "skill" is it to have a better chin than another guy?

This argument is tired and played out, but I guess it's one that will keep needing to be addressed. Or, at least it will for as long as people who don't like Jones keep trying to shape the word "skilled" to fit their definition so they can downplay how good he is.

But whatever, you're entitled to your opinion like anyone else I guess...

If Jones was a female, would he be women's champ?

Wouldn't matter , it that was the case why is Struve the UFC heavyweight champ ?

If JJ had legs like Crocop, would Jones be even more bs than he currently is?

If JJ had hand-guns for hands, would he have to get special permits to carry them into the Octagon?

He'd be shonie carter without the height and reach

Shit thread, issue has been beat to death by Jones detractors.

Here ya go, TS, some future thread topics for you:
  • Would Anderson successful w/o the hand speed he has?
  • Would Cain be successful if he weighed 155?
  • Would Ronda be successful if she was a man?

As least those haven't been beaten to death.

Last edited:
He would definitely still be good but the answer is no,not as good and probably not champ. If you watch his fights closely you will see his biggest weapon is his keeping the distance with his reach.

Obvious troll bait.

Thats why Stefan Struve is HW GOAT ts, because he has reach advantage.

He didn't learn how to use it like jones did. You can have all the attributes in the world but you have to know how to use them. The major bad thing about jones learning how to use his reach is he pokes the hell outta eyes in the process. He is within the rules by doing it though. He knows he has a few good eye pokes he can get away with and thats usually enough to screw the other guy up enough to throw their gamers off.

If he wasn't a fake Christian he would amputate himself.

Another proof that he is a fake.

He didn't learn how to use it like jones did. You can have all the attributes in the world but you have to know how to use them. The major bad thing about jones learning how to use his reach is he pokes the hell outta eyes in the process. He is within the rules by doing it though. He knows he has a few good eye pokes he can get away with and thats usually enough to screw the other guy up enough to throw their gamers off.

Learning how to use it is a skill, jones is champ because he is skillfull thats my point.
Every coach in the world can "teach" struve to fight like jones but i dont think he would be able.

has this seriously gone 4 pages? I'm just starting to think the mods are trolls.

Back