Do you think Jon Jones can take Brock Lesnar in a fight ???

Anyone who says Brock doesnt have a clue what they are talking about

Brock would break bones, literally. Actually the only Jones PPV I would buy from here on in because watching him try to "out Brock Brock" would be to delicious to miss.

This is funny...Brock Lesnar does not like getting hit in the face so I like my chances with one of the most offensively gifted fighters and its not like Lesnar has 100 pounds on the guy...ill give up the 30 pounds on fight night.

Lesnar can take a punch -like vs Carwin - but, as you say, he hates doing it more than most other fighters. Just turtles up. Be VERY surprised if Jones didn't just pick him off

Surprised Jones can make those socks stay up, damn he's got some chicken leg's

Im guessing if he ever moves to HW that is an area he would grow in

Lesnar can take a punch -like vs Carwin - but, as you say, he hates doing it more than most other fighters. Just turtles up. Be VERY surprised if Jones didn't just pick him off

I think Brock gets too much flack for that.

Everyone else Carwin hit the way he hit Brock didn't turtle up ... but they were knocked the F out.

Brock took a shot from Carwin that cripples most HWs.

I don't think you can blame him for turtling up after taking a shot like that.

Last edited:
Jones via murder.

Who did Lesnar succesfully takedown and keep down?

Herring, Mir and an exhausted Carwin. Even if he does manage the takedown Bones is popping straight back up in a matter of seconds.

Brocks rudimentary striking with Jones technical striking and reach would give Brock problems imo, I don't see Brock closing the gap fast enough. That would smash PPV records though.

Yeah, I'm also seeing more jabathon (or side-kick-to-kneeathon) than wrestling clinic.

Lol you guys are idiots. Jones would beat his ass, easily. I can't Jones but the guy is talented as they come and he just beat DC who himself is a heavyweight.

DC was only a heavyweight because of cutting issues. His frame is that of a middleweight. He quite clearly carries at least 15lbs of fat, even at lhw. That's not to say he isn't strong as hell, he is, but with a hard diet and a good cut he'd easily make MW, something Jon most likely couldn't do.

The fight between Jones and Cormier went exactly as Lord Chael predicted as well, with Jones height and leverage being too much for Cormier to overcome.

His chin is so outta control, which is why it was so hilariously absurd that he was terrified of strikes.

The reason his chin is the way it is is because his neck is like twice the size of Jones' legs. Takes a fucking sledgehammer driving a dumptruck full of rock to move that mountain of a head when it's secured like that.

Yea, but Brock can't make 205 and if he did, he'd be easily beatable.
Jones can't pack on the muscle needed to compete with 240+ lb brutes.
But if they have to lose muscle and appear at 205, then Jones will smash them.

If Jones has to face guys who weigh that much, and have the power to go with it, it's a whole different ball game.
But there is no reason he has to do that. He's a LHW.

Pretty much this. Jones has nothing for the power of Lesnar the way they are at the moment. If Lesnar moved down to 205 Jones wouldn't have to beat him because Lesnar would freaking die.

When Lesnar was champ, I said Jones would destroy him. Most likely scenario: they would clinch, and Jones would knee or elbow him, and Lesnar would go down. Or just a few kicks from range. Lesnar is done. Lesnar beating Jones. After what Jones just did to Cormier? lol. How does Lesnar win? He doesn't.

DC doesn't have the 300lb freight train powerdouble that lesnar does. Lesnar quite easily dumped Cain on his ass at heavyweight, I'm quite certain he'd be able to do the same to a 205 Jones. My experience (while limited) in grappling is also that people shaped like Cain tend to be significantly harder to hold down than guys like Jones. Roy Nelson being the extreme in that case, like holding down a beach ball that's constantly trying to roll.

Kinda' depends on which Brock we're talking about. Is it healthy, pre-diverticulitis Brock, or is it fading, post-diverticulitis Brock who's afraid to get hit and never recovered from what Cain did to him?

If it's healthy, pre-Cain Brock, I'll take him. Dude's 6'3" with an 81" wingspan and built like a cartoon character. He's going to get inside on JJ and push him, well, wherever he wants to push him. Size difference is just too much. Way too much.

Post-Cain Brock probably folds the first time Jon hits him with anything solid to the midsection or head.

This is funny...Brock Lesnar does not like getting hit in the face so I like my chances with one of the most offensively gifted fighters and its not like Lesnar has 100 pounds on the guy...ill give up the 30 pounds on fight night.

Those 30 pounds are probably closer to (possible more than) 60 pounds.

Could you imagine how bad sherdog would shut down if Brock beat Jones? lol.

People are being ridiculous on here. Jon Jones would smoke Lesnar. Brock is 37 and didn't exactly look like he was in his prime in his last few UFC fights. Jones is just now entering his prime, where as Brock has been on the decline for about 5 years now.

Jones would pick him apart from range and wear him down before finishing him.

brock doesnt have a chance. JJ wouldnt have to cut weight at heavy, and would come in at 220+ tomorrow, give him a few months, and he'd make 240 easily.

Why the obsession with Jones fighting at HW ? He walks around at 220lb which is avg for a LHW.

Brock Lesnar never liked to get hurt. And Jones likes to hurt people.

There is one thing Brock is better at than Jones and that is being born bigger. Not enough, imo.

Back