Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

Using his head for his brain and not a punching bag? Who can ever fault a man for that?
How about BJJ? Surely the risk of brain trauma is minimal there. I'd think a black belt would at least test himself outside the gym.

It's funny how all the Rogan fanboys (not you) get stuck on 'he got a BB from Eddie Bravo'. What the fuck did he do with that BB lol? Wear it in his floatation tank?

he has a higher net worth than 99% of the roster, all without having to take a single punch to the face. he gets to attend every UFC event he wants to, with the best seat in the house

im going to say no

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.
I missed the part were Rogan has ever claimed to be or tried to portray himself as an MMA fighter.

Black belt in BJJ who has never competed. TKD champ without any record of winning anything, except a blurry 10 sec VHS clip, that he 'claims' is him.
If you disagree find me one BJJ or TKD tournament where Rogan has competed, let alone win. Or do you just like to slurp the Rogan coolaid because he is soooo cool?
I disagree with your premise that you need prove your worth as a beast-mode human being to even study martial arts or that the only way to claim an accomplishment is "pics or gtfo" attitude. He is a TKD champ and a BJJ blackbelt and it's documented. Anyone who is a BJJ black belt alone is a fucking destroyer compared to the average sherdogger. I don't think you respect martial arts at all with your attitude.

he has a higher net worth than 99% of the roster, all without having to take a single punch to the face. he gets to attend every UFC event he wants to, with the best seat in the house

im going to say no

I'd call that a win right there. He gets to do all UFC events he wants, and these days only the good ones. He can actually text Dana White even and Dana would take it seriously. Does a podcast where he gets to talk about fighting and gets like 60k~ a pop. I'd take this over fighting any day personally.

Forget about MMA. At least compete in the sport you are supposed to be a blackbelt under one of the most decorated practitioners.
You don't have to fucking compete in order to train martial arts and become good at it. And before you go full bitchmode retard on me, I do compete in BJJ and kickboxing matches. The people in my class who don't, are very good as well. Sorry to burst your bubble but there are a ton of VERY good martial artists who choose not to compete.

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.
He would smash you. Why talk shit?

You mean Eddie Bravo his friend of years wouldn't give him a BB unless he actually deserved one? He's probably the only BB ever to have never competed in a tournament or even an official BJJ match. Basically got the BB without ever testing himself outside of Bravo's gym. Totally legit.

Obviously most doggers dont know anything about actually training. Ive been grappling and competing for over 10yrs and Im not even a BB LoL, just a brown.

Anybody “earning” a BB in modern jiu-jitsu and is not competing, especially the latter ranks and not every damn tournament but at least do some legit ones will never have a sense of what that BB is that they are wearing.

Hollywood Joe got endorsed by Bravo and Machado, and as honorable as that is, and I dont even like saying it, is BS and those two know it

hed def beat cm punk. lets not make rogan take up an mma career backed by dana at this point with a punk fight. rogan would probably beat most people walking around. from training and fitness.

rogan knows a lot about sport from commentating so long and having some amateur experience which was a lot more than most commentattors those days.

but after calling out punks deadly kicks live. they should ahve another "on the fly" commentarot
besides rogs maybe.
3bb56ccaf76b7b7c71c2a0c5412c27ad.gif

Forget about MMA. At least compete in the sport you are supposed to be a blackbelt under one of the most decorated practitioners.

How about BJJ? Surely the risk of brain trauma is minimal there. I'd think a black belt would at least test himself outside the gym.

It's funny how all the Rogan fanboys (not you) get stuck on 'he got a BB from Eddie Bravo'. What the fuck did he do with that BB lol? Wear it in his floatation tank?

Rogan does need to chill with his in the booth controversy. MMA whistleblower

Just curious why would someone risk their reputation as a martial aristits especially in bjj to endorse someone not paying them likely?

Obviously most doggers dont know anything about actually training. Ive been grappling and competing for over 10yrs and Im not even a BB LoL, just a brown.

Anybody “earning” a BB in modern jiu-jitsu and is not competing, especially the latter ranks and not every damn tournament but at least do some legit ones will never have a sense of what that BB is that they are wearing.

Hollywood Joe got endorsed by Bravo and Machado, and as honorable as that is, and I dont even like saying it, is BS and those two know it

Of course not.

Never fought but gets to walk around with his head up his own ass thinking he's the Grand Poobah of MMA.

Your being a little harsh. Why would GSP want to learn the way he throws his spinning back kick if he's such a goofball? GSP said he hasn't seen a better spinning back kick

As a fighter. I mean 15 years ago in 2003, when he was 35, had crazy time rolling with a who's who in MMA, taekwon do champion, but black belt, etc.

It was a weird cross road for him I imagine. He was making money from broadcasting, tv shows like fear factor etc.

I'm not saying Joe was going to go on some tear but back then drug tests were lax and he could have passed them, he could have had a fight or two.

It's too late now. I remember him calling out Wesley snipes. I think Joe admitted that much that he doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. He knows how dangerous it is, and at that point he was already making money from other ventures.

But I know he has a little regret.

In 2003, just having brown belt (which was Joe back then) or black belt BJJ made you a UFC level contender. Even though people like to pretend the sport hasn't evolved since 2005, that was a really big deal back then. Like you'd be in the top 5-10 in the UFC and not a gate keeper. You'd be a hot prospect.

I think he is a coward, and is aware of this, so does not regret it.

Most in his situation would however.

So do you fight pro or are you a coward too?
Or is it only people with multiple black belts that does not fight pro that you think are cowards?

I don't know about regret, but I think for someone who spent so much time training and who runs his mouth criticizing fighters, he should've gotten in there and proven himself when he had the chance.

I almost completely agree, but he is THE ONLY black belt I know who has never rolled in competition. It’s basically required as a black belt to have competed. He hasnt

Danaher says hello....

Can you explain how one earns a BB without having ever competed in a tournament or any official match? In my gym you can't get a blue belt unless you at least compete in official tournaments, not just ones inside your gym. And I'd bet my gym is nowhere close to Bravo's in terms of quality.

John Danaher...

Back