Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

Anyone with a black-belt in BJJ, is NOT a "wannabe".
I almost completely agree, but he is THE ONLY black belt I know who has never rolled in competition. It’s basically required as a black belt to have competed. He hasnt

Can someone please post the gif of him getting sonned by Mark Coleman?
LMAO! I love Joe but I thoroughly enjoyed that sonnin. Coleman was like "oh you really want to do this? How about this? Biiiiitch!"

How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.
not sure if you are trolling or what, but his BB is about as legit as black belts can get....your 2016 join date is showing.

Joe's made more money as an MMA announcer, actor, comedian, TV host, etc. than 99.9% of all MMA fighters ever and never once had to get punched in the face for it. Pretty sure he's comfortable with the decisions he's made.

Everyone in the mma community is friends with Joe. By that logic, he'd have to get his black-belt from some unknown school?

There's plenty of footage out there of Rogan grappling. Look it up, don't be lazy.
His BB is under JJ machado. There is no question as to the legitimacy of his belt.

I love Joe and he's a legit martial artist w specialty in TKD and BJJ (even though he's never competed due to his busy career maybe?) but I don't consider him a fighter at all. After seeing him move around w JWP, you can tell he has no fluidity at all on the feet. He must've been really shitty at kickboxing. Stiff as fuck, no head movement (he would make Edmond proud), no footwork, etc. He does have a good knowledge of fighting in general though so it's not like he's completely a poser. He's a try hard at times but I'm glad he's been a part of the fight game.

Last edited:
I'm sure he had pangs of regret when he watched Gall make his walk to the octagon to face Punk.

As a fighter. I mean 15 years ago in 2003, when he was 35, had crazy time rolling with a who's who in MMA, taekwon do champion, but black belt, etc.

It was a weird cross road for him I imagine. He was making money from broadcasting, tv shows like fear factor etc.

I'm not saying Joe was going to go on some tear but back then drug tests were lax and he could have passed them, he could have had a fight or two.

It's too late now. I remember him calling out Wesley snipes. I think Joe admitted that much that he doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. He knows how dangerous it is, and at that point he was already making money from other ventures.

But I know he has a little regret.
lol there you go. dont like getting hit in the face then dont bother. if I were a coach,the first thing I would tell newbies is to get used to taking shots everywhere. body shots can be trained for and has to be trained for. As for face, I know many guys are worried about losing their looks lol and obviously cte but it is what it is. You cant condition your face but you can certainly work on your neck.

tumblr_o9jzzzgLju1usbqvho1_500.jpg

banner-onnit-rogan.jpg

I get the impression that Joe Rogan has high level jiu jitsu and can kick some ass.

LMAO! I love Joe but I thoroughly enjoyed that sonnin. Coleman was like "oh you really want to do this? How about this? Biiiiitch!"

Lol

He flew through the air like a lil bish

Why would you want to be concussed for thousands of dollars when you can make millions getting out of bed, smoking a spliff and rambling into a mic for a bit?

Nope doesnt regret it at all. Neither does johnny Bravo. Both have said many times that MMA would be a last resort for them. Neither like being punched in the face. Thats why they prefer BJJ. Their own words. Also both have made way more money then if they did give the UFC/MMA a chance.

Nope doesnt regret it at all. Neither does johnny Bravo. Both have said many times that MMA would be a last resort for them. Neither like being punched in the face. Thats why they prefer BJJ. Their own words. Also both have made way more money then if they did give the UFC/MMA a chance.
970826-johnnybravo19.gif
Johnny bravo

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.
He has been training for most of his life....he can fight. If he has what it takes to be a pro fighter...well probably not, but that does not mean he could not push your shit in.

Real fighters don’t quit because of “headaches”

Yes. He has one of the best kicks ever and he didn’t get an opportunity to use it against other fighters

He made the right choice... plus he can still beat up on internet trolls at the gym.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back