Do you think it is a series of unrelated coincidences that almost all black fighters are not liked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floyd Mayweather
Ali
Tyson
Anderson
Rampage

There are 3 of the biggest draws in combat sport history and 2 of mmas biggest draws ever too. This issue is annoying

Ali was hated in his time by white society as soon as he spoke up about the injustices of the time.

Floyd is hated and was as soon as he got successful

Tyson was a draw but hated by the media

Rampage was disliked in North America

Anderson isn't a draw

If you'r outspoken, successful, skilled and black in North America it's a problem. And people want to see you fall desperately

I like Rashad.
I like DC.
I like Rumble.
I liked Rampage until he became a whiny baby and dry humps everyone.
I liked Jon Jones when he destroyed Vera.

Derp Floyd.

Used match ups with non black fighters to make squillions.

It's amazing. The black guys who aren't assholes are well liked and have lots of fans while the ones who are assholes aren't liked. It's almost like people don't like assholes.
Yea Demetrious Johnson is such an asshole.

Floyd Mayweather
Ali
Tyson
Anderson
Rampage

There are 3 of the biggest draws in combat sport history and 2 of mmas biggest draws ever too. This issue is annoying
How bloody popular is Rumble after his career resurgeance!? Almost everyone loves the guy, and it's easy to see why. Black Beast is more popular than he has any right to be, Francis Ngannou has a load of fans early in his career....

You really have to reach or use bad examples like Jones to support the idea that most people base their opinion about fighters on their melanin levels. My belief is that most people do not care.

Yea Demetrious Johnson is such an asshole.
I actually think Sherdog is more sizeist than racist. MM is maligned for being tiny and for his length decision streak (even though he's been very exciting for the past couple of years) than anything else.

I actually think Sherdog is more sizeist than racist. MM is maligned for being tiny and for his length decision streak (even though he's been very exciting for the past couple of years) than anything else.
meh

Ian McCall who actually has a past of being a total asshole and a decisionator was more well received than DJ.

If Rumble has haters, then they'll have to be really "try-hard" to make up shit.
"umm he he he sucks, cause he says please and thank you!"

meh

Ian McCall who actually has a past of being a total asshole and a decisionator was more well received than DJ.
Because he owns being a small guy and hams it up with his silly moustache twirling and general carry-on. MM doesn't have any sort of gimmick - aside from being one of the very best fighters around.

How many other male FLWs have any sort of following? Almost none. Dodson had some fans because of his power and stoppages....and that's about it.

Floyd Mayweather
Ali
Tyson
Anderson
Rampage

Mayweather is hated/booed by the mainstream.

Ali was actually extremely unpopular for large portions of his career.

Tyson was a bad boy.

Anderson was liked... eventually.

Rampage was always liked.

Either way you could have given better examples.

One thing that baffles me is how DC gets booed.

He's a great fighter and a great human being and before Silva he didn't have a single boring fight besides Frank Mir.

Yet people still booed him even though he's as nice and honest as GSP and Wonderboy.

I guess people don't like that type of humility and grace from a black guy- they expect some Mayhem Miller type bullshit.

I see right through you racist fucks.

I dont see evidence of it to be honest, but then again there are millions of stupid racist hicks in America and I'm pretty sure there's significant crossover with the MMA fanbase.

Concluson: Maybeh

Mayweather is hated/booed by the mainstream.

Ali was actually extremely unpopular for large portions of his career.

Tyson was a bad boy.

Anderson was liked... eventually.

Rampage was always liked.

Either way you could have given better examples.

But they were all popular and stars. Conor and Ronda are white and hated equally too. Let's discuss that? Oh wait no. Let's not

But they were all popular and stars. Conor and Ronda are white and hated equally too. Let's discuss that? Oh wait no. Let's not

Conor and Ronda are not hated equally, not even close.

And many fans dislike them because they were shoved down our throats by UFC hype machines.

Mayweather actually had to struggle and toil for his success and notoriety while the boxing media machines were focusing all-in on guys like De La Hoya.

Because he owns being a small guy and hams it up with his silly moustache twirling and general carry-on. MM doesn't have any sort of gimmick - aside from being one of the very best fighters around.

How many other male FLWs have any sort of following? Almost none. Dodson had some fans because of his power and stoppages....and that's about it.
I see it all the time. When a white fighter behaves the way DJ does, they are called "humble and classy." When a black guy does it, they are "boring" (because they are not playing up the stereotype).

Neil Magny will be next on the list.

Seems like everyone has given up on Jon Jones, but I'm still his fan.

The style of the fighter matters more than anything. If I like your style, then I like to watch you fight and I will support you. How you act is another big one.

I don't like how T-Wood and DC fight OR how they can act sometimes. Although they both seem like pretty decent guys overall, so I don't have a whole lot against them.

So, no, I don't dislike them because they're black, I'm not sure I even really dislike them tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back