Do you think i made a worthy purchase??

lublin82

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I often bet on ebay.Well i found this particular auction 15 mins before the end,i was a bit tired not thinking well but the price got my attention so i quickly put in my bet ,no one put more therefore i won it.
The thing is i didnt look closely at the shipping price as it was listed only for the US and not Canada where i live.

Regardless the auction ended at 22.57 US $ plus shippin 30 $ to Canada!!.
All together 52.57 US$ .Shippin within the US was only 9$ US !!!!!

Anyways here are the items.The reason why this auction was one of a kind was because of its unusual offer.2 pairs of UBC leather gloves and another 5 mismatched gloves.!!!
Mismatched gloves all include brand names like Title(new),Throwdown(new),Grant (slightly used) and 2 Everlast gloves(new)

All gloves are leather.Apparently Title glove,Throwdown glove and the two Everlast gloves that are 12/14 oz can be paired up due to similar structure/weight.

Then theres a spare one Grant professional ,slightly used 8 oz glove.

Lastly the two matchin pairs of gloves are UBC(Underground boxing company).
One pair of used 18 oz yellow UBC and brand new pair of 12 oz grey lace up gloves.

Yes i know its seems like a very strange purchase like i said i have not put much thought into it and the price got me really quick.Too bad that shippin to Canada was more expensive.I ended up payin round 64$ CAN for all of it. If customs dont hit me up it should be the final price.

Technically the only gloves i will be able to use without problem(i imagine) will be the two pairs of UBC gloves. The other brands like Throwdown,Title ,Grant i NEVER had a chance to try on and check'em out so i thought at least it will be possible now.

Also i am not sure how anyone could end up ownin so many mismatched brand name gloves but i didnt bother asking since most likely i would probably not be given a real answer.The auction said "garage sell" :p

I cannot post the link to the ended auction because it goes straight into my ebay account.

but here is the pic of the gloves that was on ebay.

bz3z68gbwkkgrhqmokkmenp.jpg

I know theres plenty of ppl on this board who had a chance checkin out some of these glove models.

Last edited:
IMO the mismatches are a shade above useless...however scoring 2 pairs of UBC gloves for ~25$ each seems like a good deal.

If I remember the G&E reviews, the aesthetics were pretty good, performance was alright, but construction was not that quality - for sure you'll get your money's worth out of these though :)

Uhhhh, I wonder what happened to the other gloves :p

I didn't know Art Jimmerson had an eBay store.

That is a strange lot indeed. No pun intended. :icon_lol: However, as someone said, the UBC gloves alone are worth the price that you paid for everything. And as someone else mentioned, I wonder what happened to the other gloves?

:icon_chee

And as someone else mentioned, I wonder what happened to the other gloves?

someone cut them up to see what they were like inside as market research?Or they been used by teenagers in some backyard fightclub kinda thing?

someone cut them up to see what they were like inside as market research?Or they been used by teenagers in some backyard fightclub kinda thing?

Good observation. I was about to recommend donating the single gloves to someone who could cut into them for R&D, and the thought that someone probably already did, with the missing gloves, never crossed my mind. In all probability that is a likely reason for the single gloves.

Good observation. I was about to recommend donating the single gloves to someone who could cut into them for R&D, and the thought that someone probably already did, with the missing gloves, never crossed my mind. In all probability that is a likely reason for the single gloves.

You could donate the gloves to me :icon_twis I've always wanted to show the insides of the gear I review, but then it would be ruined :icon_lol:

I wasn't as positive in my thinking, I was thinking that the gloves were stolen :icon_neut

Oh my God UBC makes amazing gloves I have the brown laceups and they're great (quality control is questionable i guess though), and those grey ones look fucking awesome too, yellow ones are pretty nice too.
Where do you live in Canada? I might consider buying the UBC's off of you if you're interested.

Thx all for the answers.If i was livin in the States i guess this deal would be pretty sweet since the shippin within US was only 9.50 $. So all together 31.57$ US :)

Once i receive the gloves i will ask the guy how come he ended up with just one from different pairs. I quietly hope the Throwdown/Title gloves can be used together as it said in the auction they're very similar. Not that i would go to the gym like that but i have a heavy bag at home so i guess we'll see if it will work.
I never had a chance to try a Grant product so at least now i guess it will be HALF-possible :p

Where do you live in Canada? I might consider buying the UBC's off of you if you're interested.

First i d like to see how the UBC gloves are .The yellow one is suppose to be 18 oz something i was lookin to get for a while in terms of oz.Although i would rather have the grey ones in 18 oz since i am not a big fan of yellow gloves.

But first they got to arrive for me to say anythin:)

Damn just got the message in my mail box today from the mail man saying delivery was attempted but no one was home.Tomorrow i gotta go to pick it up at the post office.

this is crazy it only took 5 days for the package to arrive.!! I ve ordered many items from the Us before and it ALWAYS takes around two weeks!!. Maybe that's why the price was that high for shippin .I would prefer to pay less and get it in regular time but oh well.

hopefully it means you dodged customs fees...?

I dont like ebay for shipping costs, for example I ordered an Opro mouthguard from the UK (hard to find and expensive in Canada, with shipping I got it for $25), I paid

I got the package already.Gladly No custom fees :).

The gloves that were said to be new all look brand new with still a bit of a leather smell on some.
The used 18 oz UBC are very big,they remind me of the twins gloves a bit in terms of shape .Not really my style

Grey 12 oz UBC feel nice and the padding is very soft.They were said to be leather but not sure how to say whether its leather or not as i dont see any tags inside ;/

Title,Throwdown gloves can be used together since its similar shape/weight.I can just keep em around the heavybag if anythin i guess.Everlast gloves seem to be decent quality but one is a bit bigger than the other so not much use for them really.

Finally the Grant glove is very small even for my smaller hands its very tight.No way i could put it in with wraps in there.

Anyways here are some pix.

phpiuWwB2AM.jpg

phpInZbwFAM.jpg

php677ZnvAM.jpg

phpTAnZjRAM.jpg

phpBkWEluAM.jpg

Last edited:

...It will be interesting to see the actual cost of shipping for you package...

On the way home i threw out the box since it was pretty big and i was taking a bus.I should have thought about it and check all the papers that were on it :/

Oh my God UBC makes amazing gloves I have the brown laceups and they're great (quality control is questionable i guess though), and those grey ones look fucking awesome too, yellow ones are pretty nice too.

i could sell u the yellow 18 oz UBC gloves if ur interested.
I live in Toronto

Back