Do you think I can get in trouble for this?

Goodfella

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ok Im not gonna post the name of the company. But I got a gift card for xmas and I damaged the card when I ripped it off so the code was unreadable. I call them and tell them the problem and they ended up putting the balance of the gift card on my account. They never closed the gift card tho. So I kinda figured out a way to read the code today and I used the gift card to purchase something. Its their fault not mines, right?

How much money are we talking?

32677516.jpg

How much we talking? Hundreds of dollars? I probably wouldn't sweat it if it's under $100.

Two words....permanent record. permanent record.

They will never know.

$50 is pocket change :)

I can't imagine they even pay attention to that for such a low amount. You'll be fine.

Sentenced 8 years but the upside is you'll only serve about 3. Worth it imo.

I think gift card fraud is what Adebisi was in for.

l8XFFTp.gif

Ok Im not gonna post the name of the company. But I got a gift card for xmas and I damaged the card when I ripped it off so the code was unreadable. I call them and tell them the problem and they ended up putting the balance of the gift card on my account. They never closed the gift card tho. So I kinda figured out a way to read the code today and I used the gift card to purchase something. Its their fault not mines, right?
How much time has elapsed since you'd rung and today? Might be a departmental thing, making the rounds. Also, credited was a third-party checking or in-house account with said company? I'd imagine you should play nice and hold off if the latter.

Edit: Just saw 50 USD. Spend it, but play aghast and pay it back if they get in touch with you over it.

Sentenced 8 years but the upside is you'll only serve about 3. Worth it imo.
How much time has elapsed since you'd rung and today? Might be a departmental thing, making the rounds. Also, credited was a third-party checking or in-house account with said company? I'd imagine you should play nice and hold off if the latter.

Edit: Just saw 50 USD. Spend it, but play aghast and pay it back if they get in touch with you over it.
yeah I have no problems paying

But I could just not let a 50 dollar gift card go to waste. Almost threw it away <{hfved}>

Back