Social Do you think Humanity is screwed or do you stay optimistic on our future?

Now as for you, son of man, say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus you have spoken, saying, “Surely our transgressions and our sins are upon us, and we are rotting away in them; how then can we survive?"

Musk and Bezos wanting us to travel to the stars has more to do with their business model than saving humanity.......

Every generations say this so no. Humans will continue to involve in beliefs and ideas. The people who don't want the change of the majority will disappear as time goes by.

That's just how things work overtime.

We have never dealt and wielded the destructive power we do now so even if we have said this before its not the same thing. We are in a uniquely perilouse time.

Absolutely fucked.

I give society, in the west, around 10yrs.

We have never dealt and wielded the destructive power we do now so even if we have said this before its not the same thing. We are in a uniquely perilouse time.

Don't you think any higher intelligence in the universe have went through what we have? (That's if they exist) I'm sure they had same destructive power if their traveling the cosmos.

Don't you think any higher intelligence in the universe have went through what we have? (That's if they exist) I'm sure they had same destructive power if their traveling the cosmos.

An assumption that massive is absurd to me actually. I can think of 1000 ways it could have gone.

I'm betting on the world turning to shit before my 65th birthday.

That's why I drink a little more than I should and enjoy life to the fullest.

An assumption that massive is absurd to me actually. I can think of 1000 ways it could have gone.

Me too. But it's still possible what I said happens to all intelligence life. Some make it through the great filter , some don't.

We are fucked.
15 years ago I’d say otherwise. I think humans plateaued , and we are crashing hard.

when we dismiss thousands of years of progress for “feelings” we are not headed the right way.

Me too. But it's still possible what I said happens to all intelligence life. Some make it through the great filter , some don't.

You are assuming the great filter is a universal. Im not, im viewing that as only one of thousands of possibilities friend.

You are assuming the great filter is a universal. Im not, im viewing that as only one of thousands of possibilities friend.

Me too. I believe humanity will rise above the issues we have today just like our ancestors before us. I'm sure they saw life as bleak many times and the future was dire.

I'm excited for the future .

Me too. I believe humanity will rise above the issues we have today just like our ancestors before us. I'm sure they saw life as bleak many times and the future was dire.

I'm excited for the future .

I share the same hope but I think it' will unfold just exactly like it has in the past which means great pain and suffering and war and rape and death and starvation along the way.

I don't think we're headed for the end of humanity but we are definitely headed for another cycle of major suffering.

I share the same hope but I think it' will unfold just exactly like it has in the past which means great pain and suffering and war and rape and death and starvation along the way.

I don't think we're headed for the end of humanity but we are definitely headed for another cycle of major suffering.

I don't think it will get that extreme in America ever again. Will see though.

The biggest problem I see is politics. It holds everything up and uses everything else as an excuse for the hold up. Elected politicians don’t serve the will of the people who elect them -they serve their own agenda once elected then spend the other half of their time trying to figure out how to stay in power.

Politics is a circle of perpetual self serving stupidity rotating on an axis of idiocy.

I think humanity is already been screwed for a longtime, even before pandemic.

Thanks to our government.

A few years ago I was optimistic. I honestly thought extreme right wing politics would die out with these older generations but it's clearly deeply rooted in younger generations too. And to be fair the democratic leaders seem to be becoming increasingly inept. As a father with young kids I try to remain optimistic but it's difficult.

Back