Social Do you think Humanity is screwed or do you stay optimistic on our future?

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
All things considered it seems that Humanity is screwed in the near future. Alot of very smart people believe this.

They think that the 21st century, particularly the second half of it will be a bad one for humans. Big rising populations that are unsustainable, worsening pollution, a potential 6th mass extinction of various species caused by humans, global warming(debatable), mass human displacement from worsening flooding, future drinking water scarcity, unsustainable modern life that continues to destroy environments, potential major wars. Etc. With all these potential scenarios having a worsening domino effect on each other etc.

Its to the point where Elon Musk, and Jeff Bezos two of the richest men on Earth are convinced that Humans need to be a multi planet species to ensure our Survival. And this is not lip service both of them are investing Billions into there respective companies to make this goal a reality. You have also various other investing billions in renewable energy, helping environment etc.

Do you believe this is all hyperbolic bullshit or is there a merit to believing that humanity is heading to an inevitable disaster?

I personally do believe these issues are real and serious but I stay on the Optimistic side in that “we will figure them out”

I don't really care what happens to the planet after I die.

If war happens (only thing I really am afraid of), and it impacts my country, I'll volunteer to participate.

But until that happens, I'm having children and driving vehicles that consume lots of gasoline guilt free.

Last edited:
All things considered it seems that Humanity is screwed in the near future. Alot of very smart people believe this.

They think that the 21st century, particularly the second half of it will be a bad one for humans. Big rising populations that are unsustainable, worsening pollution, a potential 6th mass extinction of various species caused by humans, global warming(debatable), mass human displacement from worsening flooding, future drinking water scarcity, unsustainable modern life that continues to destroy environments, potential major wars. Etc. With all these potential scenarios having a worsening domino effect on each other etc.

Its to the point where Elon Musk, and Jeff Bezos two of the richest men on Earth are convinced that Humans need to be a multi planet species to ensure our Survival. And this is not lip service both of them are investing Billions into there respective companies to make this goal a reality. You have also various other investing billions in renewable energy, helping environment etc.

Do you believe this is all hyperbolic bullshit or is there a merit to believing that humanity is heading to an inevitable disaster?

I personally do believe these issues are real and serious but I stay on the Optimistic side in that “we will figure them out”

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are complete fucking idiot lunatics for suggesting that instead of changing the way we live here we move to other planets. I realize their positions are a little bit more nuanced than this but not much frankly.

There is no way that happens without leaving all of the poor and marginalized behind to reap the shit storm caused by these fanatic capitalists in their profit driven destruction of the planet.

Of course they want to leave, they have shit all over this planet and made sure no laws ever get passed to help and they will be among the 1st to be able to leave being so wealthy.

What we really need is a massive spiritual re awakening and to be motivated by service towards one another service towards animals and plant life and service towards humanity. we need a completely new way of living and looking at things and the only way we are going to get that is a spiritual awakening. And frankly that rarely comes without great pain .it's pain and an inability to continue living the way one is that usually pushes a person towards spiritual transformation.

But I am extremely hopeful I would say nearly certain that this will come but not before great pain and suffering.

Last edited:
Yes, but not because of any of that crap, and I'm not sure how you didn't make the connection between "billionaires are saying it" and that it happens to align with their current investments.

Social fabric is done and ruling classes have been tightening the reigns on the peasants with increasingly less ability to just mind your own business.

Humanity will probably survive, civilization is beyond saving at this point. We'll probably have small factions of humans living in the wilderness like cavemen alongside superintelligent robots that will control the rest of this planet. Unless Jesus comes soon, that is. Real soon.

Meh, say the serenity prayer (I'm in no way religous) then move on. On an individual level things are different, but humanity is unbelievably adaptable. "We" are gonna be ok. Pretty sure you're fucked though. o_O

Humanity went through resets plenty of times in our past so yes, the rich and greedy definitely want to be multi-planet species because they know governments don't care about our longevity, only about profits before they pass away to old age or other means.

Yes, but not because of any of that crap, and I'm not sure how you didn't make the connection between "billionaires are saying it" and that it happens to align with their current investments.

Social fabric is done and ruling classes have been tightening the reigns on the peasants with increasingly less ability to just mind your own business.

Billionaires can invest in anything and do anything they want in any industry basically.
So if you have two of the richest billionaires both believing the same thing and hedging there bets on it… That is significant.

To lend further support: Bezos and Musk absolutely hate each other. So this isnt some planned out thing between them. They both truly believe in being a multi planet species as a necessity. With both putting there money where there mouth is and aggressively funding it. Bezos has recently done presentations on living in Space and Elon has done the same with his presentation on colonies in Mars

Screwed

Too many sensitive, pussy ass motherfuckers nowadays. What’s going to happen to the U.S. if it needs to fight a threat like China or Russia? If the country keeps going down this path, we’ll probably get our ass kicked. Get ready to be slaves. It’s very possible.
China and Russia don’t tolerate this sensitive, LGBTQ bullshit, they’re soldiers and citizens are hard and the citizens that are soft leave to the U.S.

There are certainly a lot of problems, many of which you have highlighted, but hopefully we will be able to find solutions. Probably the solutions will bring their own problems but we'l leave that to the cyborg-trannies to sort out when theyre running things after the Great Reset.

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are complete fucking idiot lunatics for suggesting that instead of changing the way we live here we move to other planets. I realize their positions are a little bit more nuanced than this but not much frankly.

There is no way that happens without leaving all of the poor and marginalized behind to reap the shit storm caused by these fanatic capitalists in their profit driven destruction of the planet.

Of course they want to leave they have shit all over this planet and made sure no laws ever get passed to help an they will be among the 1st to be able to leave being so wealthy.

What we really need is a massive spiritual re awakening and to be motivated by service towards one another service towards animals and plant life and service towards humanity. we need a completely new way of living and looking at things and the only way we are going to get that is a spiritual awakening. And frankly that rarely comes without great pain and it's pain and an inability to continue living the way one is That usually pushes a person towards spiritual transformation.

But I am extremely hopeful I would say nearly certain that this will come but not before great pain and suffering.

No one is suggesting we don't change the way we live and just decamp to mars. They are creating a life boat Vs catastrophe, well, Musk is, Bezos is whatever. There is absolutely no reason we cannot do that and change the way we live, you are creating a false dichotomy.

Musk will not live to see it, he intends for humanity to reap the benefits by opening up space. I think the extent of his ambition was to die on Mars, which isn't some glorious escape. It will be shit.

Are you aware of the observer effect? It describes the phenomenon that people are near universally environmentalists after seeing earth from space. The more rich people that get to visit space the better off our species will be.

The awakening you hanker after you admit is observed as happening as a result of pain-mistakes. The problem with waiting for that is the damage will be done by then and likely irreversible. I think putting rich people in space is actually a better option.

You and I want the same things, but I don't think you provide a pathway to get them and I think you accidentally are arguing against one of the few pathways that currently exists.

We are screwed.

If we don't finish ourselves, some asteroid will.

Of course they want to leave they have shit all over this planet and made sure no laws ever get passed to help an they will be among the 1st to be able to leave being so wealthy.

What we really need is a massive spiritual re awakening and to be motivated by service towards one another service towards animals and plant life and service towards humanity. we need a completely new way of living and looking at things and the only way we are going to get that is a spiritual awakening. And frankly that rarely comes without great pain and it's pain and an inability to continue living the way one is That usually pushes a person towards spiritual transformation.

We clearly should be living in closer harmony with the Earth and each other. Native Americans famously pushed this idea forward but we of course didn't listen. Modern humanity has basically been taking the easier route of exploiting resources unchecked to keep our societal/industrial growth spiking up

Billionaires can invest in anything and do anything they want in any industry basically.
So if you have two of the richest billionaires both believing the same thing and hedging there bets on it… That is significant.

To lend further support: Bezos and Musk absolutely hate each other. So this isnt some planned out thing between them. They both truly believe in being a multi planet species as a necessity. With both putting there money where there mouth is and aggressively funding it. Bezos has recently done presentations on living in Space and Elon has done the same with his presentation on colonies in Mars
And Lamborghini was founded to spite Enzo Ferrari. Sure, they could put their money in anything and invest in anything, and then they'd tell you how important and necessary that is too, and this is the area they've chosen to compete in.

<{vega}>

Even though fixing this planet would be much easier than terraforming another planet, I'm not sure capitalism will allow us to do that.

We are headed to some weird dystopian cyberpunk society.Btw i fully expect conflict in europe by 30s or 40s

Only reason i do cardio lol

You also plan on joining the army when shit eventually hits the fan?

Back