Do you think hendricks beat GSP?

Seen it twice, scored it 48-47 for Hendricks both times. Bad decision imo.

And yes Rogan was jizzing over everything Johnny threw, but I am aware that Rogan is an idiot and my scoring wasn't due to him swaying me. I even said to myself while watching it live "Rogan is hyping up shots that didn't even land"

5th round doesn't matter because Hendricks edged out the 1st, won the 2nd, and then the 4th.
It really comes down to the 1st round and at this point, everybody on this forum knows that.
You feel Hendricks "edged" out the 1st, I feel GSP did.

It is what it is.

Meh, it's a coin flip. Don't care for either one. Both are point fighters. USADA Hendricks looks terrible, and we haven't seen USADA GSP.
Hendricks wasn't a point fighter prior to that fight though. He found out the hard way that point fighting can win fights that you clearly lost, unfortunately.

I saw it live and never rewatched it. The group of people I was with was divided and for me personally, I recall as the decision was read thinking it could go either way. Great fight regardless, but I didn't think the decision was a robbery. IMO GSP won a very close decision.

Never will be able to know how someone can give the first to GSP. You have to like him way too much.

What GSP did in the first - he got a TD

What Hendricks did - got a TD, landed hard shots, was beating GSP on the clinch with elbows
Those elbows would've put lesser fighters out. Those were brutal.

Everyone knows Hendricks beat GSP, the only ones who delude themselves into not believing that the judges gifted GSP a victory have such low self esteem that they're one razor mark away from enlightenment, they really need a hero to look up to.

Why GSP? who the fuck knows with these idiots.

Hendricks was robbed, he clearly won that fight. When the media scores were nearly unanimous for Hendricks, a vast majority of the fighters had it for Hendricks, the crowd had it for Hendricks (despite GSP being a fan favorite, Hendricks not so much), the UFC President had it for Hendricks, and a large majority of MMA fans had it for Hendricks it's pretty clear to an impartial observer who won that fight. Not surprising to see that there are still delusional GSP fans on here. As bad as this decision was Machida-Shogun was worse, and there are people that defend that garbage too.

Everyone knows Hendricks beat GSP, the only ones who delude themselves into not believing that the judges gifted GSP a victory have such low self esteem that they're one razor mark away from enlightenment, they really need a hero to look up to.

Why GSP? who the fuck knows with these idiots.

you say the dumbest shit.

I had Hendricks three rounds to two.

And I'm Canadian.

round by round GSP 1,3, and 5 wins these rounds based on current MMA rules but in the
damage for damage Hendricks did more damage

If a mod could add a poll would be cool

Hendricks didn't undergo strict testing, GSP did. GSP beat the best version of Hendricks the UFC will ever see.

I had it for Hendricks, but i also think in a case like gsps the judges really look at the the 5th round as if Hendricks did enough to take away the belt.. I think so but its a dominant champ who kept the fight close and went out on his shield. I thought Robbie/Condit was far worse and under the same circumstances

n6x3pt.png

Getting out of here before I'm stoned for this.

Yes it's really not that hard. Even Sportsnet Canada scored the fight for Hendricks.

I think even the most loyal GSP supporters had figured he had lost round 1 and therefore he probably had lost the fight and then after the decision was announced for GSP they went back and did everything they could to try justify it.

GSP is the greatest champion in UFC history. Jones pissed hot. Anderson pissed hot. GSP brought in the testing that got them caught. He was clean fighting guys when who knows what they were on and people bash him for his UD victories.

I thought people would stop whining about Johny being robbed when it became obvious Hendricks was [censored to avoid dubs] in that fight.

Guess not.

GSP won 4 rounds imo, even the 2nd when he got hurt. The only one Hendricks won was the 4th when GSP slipped.

Funny thing about Hendricks is he went on to do like nothing. Couple of razor thin fights with lawler and now he looks to be finished. No major legacy left.

I hope for his sake that dumbass truck of his was a gift.

Thought Hendricks edged it out ever so slightly. Cruising in the 5th really cost him , and kinda made me a little glad he got the shaft though. No excuse to coast in a close title fight like tthat, barring an injury imo.

This is your moment....THE moment, the pinnacle of your athletic career , and your gonna go ahead and assume you've got it sewed up? Real head scratcher there, maybe not so much in hindsight seeing some of the issues hes had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back