Do you think hendricks beat GSP?

Watching it live I thought Hendricks beat the living shit out of gsp but on the second playback I had gsp winning.

Not me. On second viewing I saw Hendricks beating the shit out of GSP even more than I had realized.

Never will be able to know how someone can give the first to GSP. You have to like him way too much.

What GSP did in the first - he got a TD

What Hendricks did - got a TD, landed hard shots, was beating GSP on the clinch with elbows

Honestly the 3rd isn't clear at all either and even the 5th is hardly dominance.

GSP looked lost without his jab and not easily changing levels on somenone.

I know this line is such a douchey thing to say but GSP would have gotten finshed inside 3 rounds if Johny had GSPs level of cardio.

Johny had a great gameplan to beat GSP. Smother the jab, beat up the legs, hold top control as long as possible, land the harder shots, jab over his jab or skip stone jab, adjusting from OHL to left uppercut to counter the TDs, and causing alot of skin irritation making it look like he did more damage (he rubbed the sides of his glove in GsPs face when he was in full gaurd) not sure if that last one was intentional but it helped his argument.

I thought Johny won every time i watched it. The controversy clouded how awesome of a fight it was. Stylistically a pleasing fight to watch.

GSP is overrated on here. Ducked a lot of fighters and became a sellout at the end of his career.

Who the fuck did he duck?

Seriously. Who the fuck did he duck?

You sound like a new fan who has no clue what he's talking about. I'd love you to name the "ton" of fighters he ducked.

For sure. He knew Hendricks had his number and avoided that fight as long as he could. GSP got by on being able to out prepare poor fighters who didn't have the money to do everything he did to win. He's good, and was great in his prime, but not like what the legends would suggest.

White belt gonna white belt.

I know this line is such a douchey thing to say but GSP would have gotten finshed inside 3 rounds if Johny had GSPs level of cardio.

Johny had a great gameplan to beat GSP. Smother the jab, beat up the legs, hold top control as long as possible, land the harder shots, jab over his jab or skip stone jab, adjusting from OHL to left uppercut to counter the TDs, and causing alot of skin irritation making it look like he did more damage (he rubbed the sides of his glove in GsPs face when he was in full gaurd) not sure if that last one was intentional but it helped his argument.

I thought Johny won every time i watched it. The controversy clouded how awesome of a fight it was. Stylistically a pleasing fight to watch.

That's the truth of it. This was an extremely entertaining fight, regardless of who anyone thought won.

Hendricks won that shit! I remember being at BWW's for the fight and the entire fucking bar was confused on how GSP got the decision.

Who did GSP duck? I think the only guy he didnt want to fight was Anderson other than that i dont think he ducked anyone
Exactly, he was the WELTERWEIGHT champ - I don't understand why that is so difficult for people to understand.

Not me. On second viewing I saw Hendricks beating the shit out of GSP even more than I had realized.

Yeah, it's like that sometimes. Live, I didn't even really see gsp scoring, I even thought it was a clear robbery. They both did some really good work in thqt fight though.

If GSP comes back he should fight Hendricks

Finally someone noticed on how good the fight was. I did re watch it like 10 times and I'm not much into watching fights again.

For me, it's better than Hendricks vs Lawler 1 and Lawler vs Rory.

Finally someone noticed on how good the fight was. I did re watch it like 10 times and I'm not much into watching fights again.

For me, it's better than Hendricks vs Lawler 1 and Lawler vs Rory.

Defintely better than Johny vs Robbie 1 or 2, but Robbie vs Rory 2 is a stretch IMO lol

I thought it was a tie, which would mean a win for St.-Pierre.

This is probably beating a dead horse, but who do you guys think won that fight. I watched it with no bias recently and i had hendricks winning. I dont see how anyone can have GSP winning that fight he did too little too late.

Hendricks imo won a clear cut decision.
And then somehow the judges disagreed.

It comes down to round 1. Insanely tough to score that round. Gsp wins 3 and 5..

Who did GSP duck? I think the only guy he didnt want to fight was Anderson other than that i dont think he ducked anyone

I don't really call that a duck as he was never in his weight class.

If I remember the fight correctly gsp won rounds 3 & 5 , Hendrix won 2 & 4 no question .
It was round 1 that was super close , Hendrix landed a few shots and gsp had a close guillotine choke , to me that was the split round .
When it was over it felt like Hendrix won because he smacked gsp around in the rounds he won but I watched it again the next day & I felt it was super close

Round 1's biggest damage was the elbows by HEndricks to GSP's face as GSP tried for a takedown and failed.

Hendricks for sure won that round imo.

GSP won. It's not that hard to judge if you're not listening to Joe Rogan.

Back