Do you think Gustaffson could move down to MW and try his luck on that division?

^ ^

Imagine he could cut down to 185 and fight Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Souza , Vitor and Machida

It's funny you mention this. My wife and I (yes my wife loves UFC!) were trading ideas on how Gus is at a size disadvantage at 205. Despite being a tall fighter he is particularly soft. I think he can make the 185 cut way easier than Rockhold... like way easier, and he would be a very tough fight for anyone. Would he win the belt? Geesh, who knows, but it would definitely be fun to watch.

Losing my mind at people actually considering this a possibility.

Gus is soft? What?

Gus has very big hips and carries most of his fat there. Scandinavian heritage will do that (I'm in the same boat). He probably has very similar BF% as the rest of the division.

And he doesn't have as much muscle as someone like Johnson, or Bader because if he were to do any serious muscle building, he wouldn't be able to make weight.

It's like sherdog is completely oblivious to the human body and different body types.

Gus could easily jump up to HW.

He might be better at HW actually, he is a big ass dude that looks skinny fighting at 205, him and Jones might do great at HW, Rumble did beat Arlovski on his return path.

Stop comparing what Rumble has accomplished to Gus. They are vastly different type of fighters. Arlovski would definitely demolish Gus as Gus doesn't have anything that would hurt him at all.

No he doesnt. You just pulled that number out of your ass. He cuts from 220-225lbs by his own words.

You should try not being an idiot.

Question: How much water weight do you cut before a fight? How much do you weigh when you step into the cage on fight night?
Alexander: About 30 pounds and I weigh around 217-220 when I fight

Source: Well this shitty forum isn't letting me add a Redit link without it automatically embedding shit. so you'll just have to click the source from the embed if you can see it

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him at HW there are some good fights there for him and winnable

Losing my mind at people actually considering this a possibility.

Gus is soft? What?

Gus has very big hips and carries most of his fat there. Scandinavian heritage will do that (I'm in the same boat). He probably has very similar BF% as the rest of the division.

And he doesn't have as much muscle as someone like Johnson, or Bader because if he were to do any serious muscle building, he wouldn't be able to make weight.

It's like sherdog is completely oblivious to the human body and different body types.

Gus could easily jump up to HW.

Compare Rockhold's physique to Gus's. Sherdog simply doesn't understand how easily a top athlete can cut fat to make weight. If you don't believe Gus can cut 10 lbs of bodyfat at his current physique you are misguided.

He would be a competitive heavyweight, I'm pretty sure of that. Especially after the Cormier fight. He has a complete game.

I know, off topic, sorry.

I have wondered if now that DC has successfully without health issue (from Olympic weight cut days) if he couldn't go down to MW and dominate if he loses to JBJ in their rematch.

I know, I know, he is indeed big boned and has a large frame, but he still carries a decent amount of body fat at weigh-in's at 205.

90 replies to a hypothetical that will never happen, guaranteed. Yeesh

I know, off topic, sorry.

I have wondered if now that DC has successfully without health issue (from Olympic weight cut days) if he couldn't go down to MW and dominate if he loses to JBJ in their rematch.

I know, I know, he is indeed big boned and has a large frame, but he still carries a decent amount of body fat at weigh-in's at 205.
How do you forget that he was dominating as a heavyweight and is dominating now as a lightheavyweight?? And now he's supposed to run to another division?? Losses are a normal part of fighting. Stop treating it like the plague. And the idea that you automatically do better because you go down in weight is false.

There's still dark times for you mate
I hear you. I actually preferred it when they at least tried and were shite. Watching a 300K a week Yaya Toure amble around like a pony doesn't make me feel good. I'd take an "in off the back of his head" goal from Goater anyday. :)

Back