Do you think GSP would’ve fought Whittaker if he never got sick?

Nah because i believe the stomach story was some mumbo jumbo that GSP and his inner circle came up with to avoid the murderers in contender's row.

He saw Bisping as an easy meal.

He could have done what Jake Shields did and just be a WW fighting at MW and be very successful but GSP couldn't risk taking a risk.

Or do you think GSP would have found another way to get out of his contractually obligated title unification fight vs Bobby Knuckles?
tenor.gif

Just like he never wanted to fight Anderson, he was never going to fight Whittaker.
Hes a very smart man. He knew Bisping was the safest high reward fight ever and capitalized.

Nah I doubt it.

If I was in GSP's shoes I would do the exact same thing. Open season with Bisping and then find a way out of defending.

Luke, weedman, Romeo, wiskers, alligator would’ve killed him literally to be honest all bigger and better

I think so but can't say for sure since i'm not GSP. I think GSP matched up much better with Whittaker than he did with the other top MWs at the time, not counting Bisping of course.

Everyone knew before he even fought Bisping that GSP wouldn’t defend against Whittaker.

Dana’s just mad that he got suckered by GSP

Gsp was never sick he’s scared of Whittaker

I don’t think he was scared of him per se, maybe the money and risk didn’t match up. You can’t really fault GSP and the competition he faced imo, going up in weight and winning the strap after 4 years is pretty Fucken badass let’s be honest.

Gsp was never sick he’s scared of Whittaker

As a GSP fan this is 100% accurate. I should say I'm just a fan of GSP, not a crazy delusional Canadian nuthugger, big difference.

I like GSP as a fighter but I call a duck a duck

He bitched out of fighting Whittaker, period.

Or do you think GSP would have found another way to get out of his contractually obligated title unification fight vs Bobby Knuckles?
fighting whittaker would've done nothing to his resume

"it's in the contract that i have to defend the belt if i win" - GSP

he was never fighting whitakter or romero, he bitched it we all know it, convenient he had colitis. But the GSP shills will always defend him shame. GSP middleweight title win is the equivalent of Roy Jones Jr heavyweight title win. They were shams except GSP fans have too much of GSP's cock in his mouth to accept the truth and most boxing fans discredit jones jr win over ruiz
Lol, man you guys are comical. Arguably the best mma fighter of all time "making up" illnesses to avoid fights. Might wanna loosen your tinfoil hat

What’s your answer to the thread question?
what's the point in answering a pointless conspiracy theory question.
i'm sure GSP would've posted all his medical records if he he felt it was necessary

kelvin gastelum would be MW champ if GSP stuck around
because whittaker would have pulled out
and gastelum wrecks GSP in a round

He never wanted it, not out of fear but legacy. He came out of retirement for the MW belt and for the LW through Khabib not to fight a bunch of contenders at MW or WW or LW.

I as well as many others called it. He would not unify the belts. When people say that he was the middleweight champ, they always like to exclude the fact that there was another champ in the division that was ready to fight. And he said that he thinks he got colitis from putting on too much weight... He supposedly needed 9 months to put on the extra weight properly... if everyone that ate too much got colitis, the whole western world would have it. He also couldn't fight right when Bisping became champ because he had an eye problem... funny the guy fighting Bisping had an eye issue to deal with. GSP has legions of fans for good reason but I hate when they bring up a reason that he is goat is because of his MW venture. It was pretty weak if you ask me.

Back