Do you think Greg Jackson knew?

mma midwest fan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you are a regular or even semi-regular coke user, a few people often know it. It's not unrealistic to think a few guys around Jackson's knew what Jonny was up to (and may have even partied with him). Fighters talk. Do you think even Jackson knew?

Or do you think there is someone from outside the fight game that Jonny parties with (who is also the likely hookup) and he kept it on the down low?

I would think he knew. Like you said people around the user will usually notice. Also was Melvin Guillard training at Jackson's when he got popped for Coke years ago?

Go ask Melvin...

Cowboy knew. Hard to imagine Jackson didn't.

Jackson would not tolerate such recklessness. Probably forced JBJ into rehab

Greg probably partied with Jon...

He's probably the supplier.

Of course he did. He was hiding a stash under waterfall. Whats why he always says to Jon to find his waterfall.

And to think he snitched on guys for smoking tweeds.

0.jpg

If you are a regular or even semi-regular coke user, a few people often know it. It's not unrealistic to think a few guys around Jackson's knew what Jonny was up to (and may have even partied with him). Fighters talk. Do you think even Jackson knew?

Or do you think there is someone from outside the fight game that Jonny parties with (who is also the likely hookup) and he kept it on the down low?

I'd be hard-pressed to believe that his head coach wouldn't at least have an inkling that he was using, especially after all this sudden rumors swirling that it wasn't a secret Jon was into cocaine. He had to have known, and, if he didn't he should be ashamed. Because, in the end a head coach's responsibility is to train his pupil's body and mind leading up to the fight.

I mean, how do you think Jackson got that weird "Bobby Brown jaw?"

I'd be hard-pressed to believe that his head coach wouldn't at least have an inkling that he was using, especially after all this sudden rumors swirling that it wasn't a secret Jon was into cocaine. He had to have known, and, if he didn't he should be ashamed. Because, in the end a head coach's responsibility is to train his pupil's body and mind leading up to the fight.

Fuck off! So...it is Greg Jackson's responsibility if Jon Jones uses cocaine? I hope you realise how fucking stupid that is.

Jackson is his coach, he may have known and he may not have. If he did, what was said or not said is between Jon and Greg, not you fuck'n JBJ or/Jackson haters.

Greg Jackson would be the perfect real life Walter White ... So unassuming and nerdy like the Tv character

Fuck off! So...it is Greg Jackson's responsibility if Jon Jones uses cocaine? I hope you realise how fucking stupid that is.

Jackson is his coach, he may have known and he may not have. If he did, what was said or not said is between Jon and Greg, not you fuck'n JBJ or/Jackson haters.

Of course it's not his responsibility if he uses coke. His responsibility is to ensure Jones complies with the rules and trains his body and mind. The thread was about whether we thought he knew or not. Why would you give 15% of your earnings to a head coach if he's not looking after you inside and out of the cage. I understand Jones is a grown man and will do what he wants, but Jackson should, in my opinion, have had this situation handled better. Chill bro, not all people talking negatively about Jones are haters either. Is as simple as compiling facts and formulating an opinion.

Of course it's not his responsibility if he uses coke. His responsibility is to ensure Jones complies with the rules and trains his body and mind. The thread was about whether we thought he knew or not. Why would you give 15% of your earnings to a head coach if he's not looking after you inside and out of the cage. I understand Jones is a grown man and will do what he wants, but Jackson should, in my opinion, have had this situation handled better. Chill bro, not all people talking negatively about Jones are haters either. Is as simple as compiling facts and formulating an opinion.
Still a shit opinion you have. Jon is a big boy and made his own big boy decisions. Greg Jackson has considerable input on how to fight, very little on how Jon should live his life outside the ring. For the record, you're not compiling facts, you are making conjectures based upon ill thought out opinions.

Back