Elections Do You Think Gavin Newsom Will Be Replaced In The Recall Election

Will Gavin Newsom Be Replaced?

• Total voters
What a waste of money this recall is.

If the 400 million dollars wasted on this recall effort had been used to clean up the human feces in San Francisco parks at least half of that feces would now be removed. Think about it.

The opposition is weak, unless some crazy scandal comes out Newsome would win easily.

What a waste of money this recall is.
Of course not. The whole thing is a waste of time and money ($400M hit to the state budget for this dumb stunt) by Republican sleazes who are trying to prevent any possible presidential aspiration.
You guys cant really talk about wasting money after debacles like trying to impeach a guy , failing, then trying to do it again after he left office

You guys cant really talk about wasting money after debacles like trying to impeach a guy , failing, then trying to do it again after he left office

Jesus is this dumb. First, impeachment requires a vote by the House of Representatives (and then conviction requires a Senate vote). That's a lot different from a statewide special election! Even without adjusting for the fact that we're talking about a state budget vs. a national one, there's a huge difference in cost there. Second, I personally didn't impeach Trump. Third, Trump actually committed multiple impeachable acts, while there's nothing specific that Newsom did here. Fourth, it's idiotic to think "if a president was ever impeached, people can never have an open on gov't waste" even granting all your wrong assumptions.

Looks like Trump is living rent free in your head

Jesus is this dumb. First, impeachment requires a vote by the House of Representatives (and then conviction requires a Senate vote). That's a lot different from a statewide special election! Even without adjusting for the fact that we're talking about a state budget vs. a national one, there's a huge difference in cost there. Second, I personally didn't impeach Trump. Third, Trump actually committed multiple impeachable acts, while there's nothing specific that Newsom did here. Fourth, it's idiotic to think "if a president was ever impeached, people can never have an open on gov't waste" even granting all your wrong assumptions.
Looks like Trump is living rent free in your head
This recall is justified. deal with it

Not a huge fan tbh, but it's a tough job managing a state with the world's 12th largest economy if it was a country.
I feel that some of his pandemic measures were draconian to the point of faux nazism, (as I communicated with the nazi meme that
mick lost his shit over for some reason).
I agree it's both a wakeup call and a sabotage effort for future political aspirations, which is good since he's a colossal douchebag.

It was still a waste of time. They knew they didn't have the votes. It was also the beginning of Biden's presidency so they wasted crucial time that could have been spent on the Covid bill. What did it accomplish aside from virtue signalling?

It was still a waste of time. They knew they didn't have the votes. It was also the beginning of Biden's presidency so they wasted crucial time that could have been spent on the Covid bill. What did it accomplish aside from virtue signalling?

It was the right thing to do. "Virtue signaling" is just a rightist term for what we used to call decency. Also, trying to tie it to COVID is silly. The bill passed extremely quickly, and your concern is insincere anyway, as if you had your way, Trump would be re-elected and there wouldn't have even been any major relief bill.

My answer - "No, and I don't care."

The simple fact is whomever the governor of California is - Republican or Democrat - is irrelevant.

The state legislature, mayors, unions, and cultural institutions are are filled with leftists and all the pre-existing problems will suddenly be discovered and blamed on the Republican governor, all new problems caused by the leftists will be blamed on the Republican governor, and all problems fixed by the Republican governor will be attributed by the leftists.

The Republican Governor will be ignored on issues that improve and be a scapegoat for all existing and new problems.

Let California burn, and the leftists will blame it on climate change and Republicans.

Of course not. The whole thing is a waste of time and money ($400M hit to the state for this dumb stunt) by Republican sleazes who are trying to prevent any possible presidential aspiration.

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that there has been a mass exodus from California as a direct result of the current lockdowns and other political management of the state?

They have lost so many major business and are on track to lose more.

No, democrats don't care how badly mismanaged a place is, they'll vote for more of the same and anybody with any sense has already fled.

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that there has been a mass exodus from California as a direct result of the current lockdowns and other political management of the state?

They have lost so many major business and are on track to lose more.

A) The factual premises here are false (lots of people and businesses move in and out of states every year--CA tends to have the biggest numbers of both because of the high population, and there was a slight uptick related to the work-from-home trend, but "mass exodus" is hysterical).
B) Wouldn't have anything to with Newsom if they weren't.
C) My point is that there is zero chance of a recall actually passing. Republican sleazes are just willing to waste time and money to try to hurt Newsom's career.

Last edited:
Back