Do you think fighting in your hometown is an advantage or disadvantage?

I think it's a disadvantage becasue of all the pressure of performing good.

When hometown advantage entails not having to adjust your body to a new time zone - it is defenitely an advantage.

There is defnitely plusses and negatives. One negative is you have to deal with a lot of friends and family who assume just because you're on the card you'll hook them up with tickets.

a fights a fight. it doesnt matter where it happens.

Good for some, bad for others.

Depends, I for example does better under pressure but I have some friends who does worse. So I guess it depends on the fighter and how he/she does under pressure...

fighting in your hometown is good if you are used to fight in other countries or cities. on the other hand if you fight at home everytime, the hostility you will face when you fight in a different place will get into your brains, jmo

it's an obvious advantage, and i'm sure statistics will back that

depends on the person

if one thinks o shit i cant lose ill look dumb, its bad PRESSURE

if one thinks i cant wait to show all my friends how good i am, its good, MOTIVATION

And I believe Matt Serra has been quoted in the past that when he fought at ufc 83 in monteal, it made a big difference

It's a big advantage simply because you don't have to travel.

It's a big advantage simply because you don't have to travel.

But... Then you have to deal with everyone hounding you for tickets and the day-to-day stresses of everyday life that you don't normally feel when you're on vacation, for lack of better word.

Sherdog should know cause everyone trains and knows everything about MMA.

Me personally i would be nervous as hell. lol

Back