Do you think Edmund taught Ronda "head movement" during training?

watching that back my god Ronda is lucky that was Herb "let's all go home early" Dean

Any other referee would have let Amanda knock her into the grave

Because yes, that was 100% what was coming

Edmond never let her spar boxing hard. That's where you learn to cover up. Instead, he just let her pitty pat the pads so she can feel like she's a good boxer.

Yeah, 90% of mma fighters have no head movement, but it doesn't really matter if you're mostly a grappler as long as you're able to keep your distance well and close in fast to the clinch, except when facing high level strikers.
Ronda was basically standing in front of Nunes getting her head smashed. She would need really good head movement to avoid that.
Yeah. I was at least expecting her to at least be on Ryan Hall's level as a grappler learning striking.

It seems to me like Edmund totally did not train Ronda in this aspect, but once the fight started, he suddenly remembered and was like "head movement head movement!" while Ronda was like "Wtf does that mean WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"
The bloke is a nobhead

Totally neglected fundamentals such as foot work and head movement.

Decade she's been with him?

Hopefully for her own sake she joins a proper gym like her mum says.

If she doesn't retire that is

Herb dean stops fights way too early. With Rousey retiring and conor fighting once a year how is the ufc worth billions?

Of course he did. Its time for us all to accept Rousey never had any natural striking instinct. Similar to Brock Lesnar.

watching that back my god Ronda is lucky that was Herb "let's all go home early" Dean

Any other referee would have let Amanda knock her into the grave

Because yes, that was 100% what was coming
She pretty much already felt down
was holding the fence to keep standing

I have no idea what he teaches his fighters. However given the fact all his fighters other than Ronda have failed under his tutelage it's clear he's not an effective coach.

Of course he did. Its time for us all to accept Rousey never had any natural striking instinct. Similar to Brock Lesnar.

Agreed. Another (although less likely) explanation is that she got flashbacks as soon as she got hit and simply froze. Boxing doesn't come naturally to her.

It's possible that a normal person who had been taught head movement would freeze up like that under the big lights. But Ronda had been there many times before so I don't believe that was the problem. It was weird, Nunes was punching accurately but the chin wasn't moving so maybe it wasn't that hard.

2fcc9738274bb220d62fc3bdb9e6e59c.gif

EiCQzmzE5HLaw.gif

Back