Do you think Edmund taught Ronda "head movement" during training?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems to me like Edmund totally did not train Ronda in this aspect, but once the fight started, he suddenly remembered and was like "head movement head movement!" while Ronda was like "Wtf does that mean WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"

I think Ronda showed up to collect her 10 or so million.. And went home..

Head movement and a jab

Well, her head DID move. MANY times.

With Nunes help, that is.

Was gonna post a similar thread

I doubt she got real sparring , the way she reacts to punches tells me she hasn't

Reaching, hands open towards Nunes, zero defense as always, didnt even put her hands up

I really think that delusional Edmund and delusional Ronda did Brock Lesnar type sparring where no one goes even semi hard on her and she learns nothing

I saw her head move every time Nunes smashed it.

CiXsqMS.gif

No, I honestly think he did it maybe a few minutes per week as it that would be enough to have it become natural to Ronda and just yelled it to Ronda during the fight. For a fight like this, some kind of head movement should've came naturally to Ronda (whether it was effective or not) if Edmund was actually training her for it.

It seems to me like Edmund totally did not train Ronda in this aspect, but once the fight started, he suddenly remembered and was like "head movement head movement!" while Ronda was like "Wtf does that mean WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"
I really think Ronda is hard to coach and probably called her own training sessions. Probably trained a ton of head movement, but got totally lost after eating that first shot.

She was rocked at the first punch, panic set in, and lost her gameplan- went right back to her old habits of no movement-
She's at her best when she fights soccer moms.

It's not as simple as just "teaching" someone head movement, and then its perfect. Ronda knows how to move her head, just her degree of proficiency in that area wasn't sufficient enough for Amanda's offense. That and she was probably seeing stars after the first punch.

Head movement isn't really the big problem, it's distance control. You learn that before head movement, but Edmond just said fuck you to both of those things.

Head movement isn't really the big problem, it's distance control. You learn that before head movement, but Edmond just said fuck you to both of those things.
Yeah, 90% of mma fighters have no head movement, but it doesn't really matter if you're mostly a grappler as long as you're able to keep your distance well and close in fast to the clinch, except when facing high level strikers.
Ronda was basically standing in front of Nunes getting her head smashed. She would need really good head movement to avoid that.

Rousey never stood a chance

aMANda NunYez is that bitch that murks all udder bitches

Yes, any trainer teaches boxing defense. ronda and Brock had trainers but are obviously afraid to be hit in the face. Even at the end of their careers they turn away from punches and cower. No trainer can overcome that.

I do believe he did but it doesn't come natural to her. Even in the fights she won, her striking and movement looked stiff. It's just that her competition got harder.

Back