Do you think Dana is a secret Fedor fan?

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana usually is a fan of fighters who has a large fan base on Sherdog, even fighters who are not well known amongst casual fans. With one exception being Fedor.

What are the really chances that Dana actually doesn't like Fedor?

no way he's a fan AFTER dealing with Fedor's people..

Dana was really pissed he couldn't get Fedor and had a major case of sour grapes after that

Everybody is a Fedor fan, whether they know it or not.

Being who he is in mma.....he may not agree with the business and political side of Fedor, but I'm sure he's a fan......all that stuff aside. How can anyone not be?

Dana usually is a fan of fighters who has a large fan base on Sherdog, even fighters who are not well known amongst casual fans. With one exception being Fedor.

What are the really chances that Dana actually doesn't like Fedor?

When it looked like Dana was going to get Fedor then Fedor was great. Lance Pugmire of the LA Times actually reported that they had reached an agreement - quality reporting there.

Dana hates any one that gets between him and controlling a fighter - hence all the bad mouthing of managers a few years ago. Fedor left Dana at the altar and jilted Dana will never forgive him.

I always had a theory that Dana is Fedor and Fedor is Dana.

He didn't have a problem with Fedor. It was his management that was the problem.

Anybody who loves MMA should appreciate Fedor. He always showed up to fight and put on a great show.

Of course... he just plays the role that he hates everybody that he doesn't have signed. When he finally signs them they're the greatest fighters who ever lived. It's all business.

Dana called Fedor "A fake, a phony and a farce" iirc.

Dana also said Overeem was all hype, then he comes to the UFC beats Brock and then Dana said "Alistair Overeem is for real" (said in joe rogans voice)

so if Fedor had signed with the UFC, then he would have been super complimentary.

Anybody who loves MMA should appreciate Fedor. He always showed up to fight and put on a great show.

Not to mention how he never treated his opponents with nothing but respect before and after he fought them.

He also fought literally anybody, even guys that he knew wouldn't further his legacy one bit but had huge risk factors involved, like Hong Man Choi. Jesus fucking christ, the already undersized HW champion of the world agrees to take on a giant like him despite of him coming off of his debut. Fedor knew that if he wins, he gains close to nothing, and if he loses, his win streak would be over and legacy tarnished.

Being who he is in mma.....he may not agree with the business and political side of Fedor, but I'm sure he's a fan......all that stuff aside. How can anyone not be?

I was never a Fedor fan.

Since my time on Sherdog, I've grown to hate him, despise him even. Mostly due to his idiotic fan base, but I get that's not on him.

Dana also said Overeem was all hype, then he comes to the UFC beats Brock and then Dana said "Alistair Overeem is for real" (said in joe rogans voice)

so if Fedor had signed with the UFC, then he would have been super complimentary.

Haha, I gotta agree with you on that one. :wink:

He probably is
the stuff he said about Fedor is stupid IMO, he said Fedor never face anyone Legit.

Definitely. He only talks shit because he couldn

If Dana doesn't know fighters, nobody does. He knew exactly who the fck the man Fedor was. Fedor was a little guy who wanted to fight the biggest and baddest guys in all the world. He put a fear in all of them for 10 yrs. Period.

He was a big Fedor fan imo and tried his best to bring him to ufc. He is a promoter who likes to talk shit about most fighters that are not fighting in ufc. I think he hated Fedor's management but not Fedor himself, even though he disrespected Fedor on a number of occasions.

Back