Do you think Conor is only good at FW because of his size?

Jesus, is it that hard to understand the concept of having an advantage without it being the end all be all?

Size, strength and power are without a doubt huge advantages. That left hand is dropping guys at 145 but do not have the same impact on guys that are at 170. Also, Conor can take shots from 145ers that he cannot take at higher weight classes. There are also massive advantages in the grappling game as well and those should be even more obvious.

This does not make him a can and it doesn't suggest that he isn't a skilled fighter. There is definitely a limit to how much weight you can move up and not be able to overcome those advantages. Let's remember he isn't fighting the best 170lb fighter in the world either. He gets absolutely smoked by buy guys like GSP, Lawler, Nick Diaz, etc..

IMO he should have stayed at 145 and after defending against Frankie and a rematch against Aldo make the move up to 155, a much more manageable jump. But even then, I think there are plenty of guys that rough McGregor up at that division.

Those two pieces Diaz landed weren't even that powerful. Denial is wonderful when it helps you sleep at night, right?

Youd have to be dumb about mma to think power meana everything, precision beats power, timing beats speed. Silva kod forrest with a jab, Nate landed two straights directly at conor's chin while he was gassed and then proceeded to land more.

I like how nobody pays attention to all the clean shots conor took from nate in rd 1 witnout being shook

Hopefully he moves to 155 and settles it there. So many great fights for him in that division.

We'd be silly to act like he doesn't have any skills. However, his counter left hand is much more effective when facing guys that need to close the distance in order to hit him. He landed a couple good counters on Diaz but often times he was overextended and lost power because of it. He'd find good success at LW but not at the championship level.

Compare the extension/ angle of body on this punch:
hqdefault.jpg

VS
154_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg
Great point. Not only does he lose something from his punches his head is in a much more hitable position for counters or even coming in. This wasn't an isolated punch either he had to lean in on almost every left he threw. That's why I think Diaz is going to work him again.

Obviously you are full of shit,and just want likes for whatever reason. He is bigger than division, and will never make that weight again, and if he does, Jose dusts him. No iv, remember, no steroids, remember. Conor has never come across naturally as a standout talent, but rather as a forced marketing scheme.

I thought he came across as a standout talent when he KOed Aldo, the long time reigning FW champ, in 13 seconds. Hard to call that a forced marketing scheme IMO.

There is no evidence he used steroids and he beat Aldo with no IV I believe.

He is a striker who is used to fighting shorter guys or guys with less reach. His striking style is not suited for bigger guys. He relies on straights and fights like a tall guy. Someone like a hector lombard, fedor, cormier etc. is adept at fighting guys taller because they have their whole career.
And lineker, imo lineker is the best at short vs tall striking, kod a dude with 7 inch height adv

Youd have to be dumb about mma to think power meana everything, precision beats power, timing beats speed. Silva kod forrest with a jab, Nate landed two straights directly at conor's chin while he was gassed and then proceeded to land more.

I like how nobody pays attention to all the clean shots conor took from nate in rd 1 witnout being shook
Didn't read...

image.png

No

His power certainly helps but he is very skilled at any weight class

Well, we all saw what happened the first time he fought a guy against which he didn't have a reach and a significant weight advantage.

Good / great MMA standup, work ethic, and size are all to wee connie's advantage in the FW division.

Obviously you are full of shit,and just want likes for whatever reason. He is bigger than division, and will never make that weight again, and if he does, Jose dusts him. No iv, remember, no steroids, remember. Conor has never come across naturally as a standout talent, but rather as a forced marketing scheme.

^^^Butt-hurt Aldo fan detected ^^^

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

13 SECONDS :D

Yeah, it's all size. That's how Holloway & Poirer became FW champs.

What are your thoughts on this? He is a big fucking FW, which helps, but I think people over estimate how much it matters.

Like Jones at lhw, size is a huge, huge factor in Conor's fw successes.

This is undeniable by any sensible person.

But, they arent breaking or bending any rules. They're making those weights, so you cant really hold it against either guy.

^^^Butt-hurt Aldo fan detected ^^^

13 SECONDS :D
Not a fanboy of any particular fighter, fyi. I watch, because I bet. Otherwise, what's the point. I don't have opinions on fighters, just know the truths, which ='s $.

LW is really really strong right now otherwise he'd do fine there back in pettis era. I still think he would have Koed overrarted RDA like 50/50 otherwise Alvarez/Khabib/Ferguson are killers who would tie him in a knot and he would not get up. Diaz has his # in standup because he's best boxer in MMA.

As far as FW all good ones are big. Holloway is 6 foot tall. Not sure point. Actually a lot of good champs and fighters outsize competition thats part of game unless HW.

Last edited:
This is hilarious. I think it's a joke but man, I lol'd. Thanks,

Back