Do you think Conor is only good at FW because of his size?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? He is a big fucking FW, which helps, but I think people over estimate how much it matters.

No, but it definitely helps him.

Dude has good power in that left hand, and he comes to bang. He's a very good fighter.

If he strengthens his grappling and kicking game, he will be phenomenal.

brandon tatch is a huge WW but aint that great

No, I've also observed that he's also a trained fighter. If you look during his fights, there are several humans in his corner between rounds and they are speaking to him, often about the fight.

I take this as evidence that he's a trained fighter and those humans comprise his coaching team. I believe that training also helps him to hit ppl with his hands and feet or to know when to tap out.

But his size also helps.

Cutting weight doesn't guarantee somebody a world title, Rumble, Kenflo, prime Diego and many others have proved that.

Sage gave him the power to knock people the fuck out with one punch at birth. He's a lightweight but it's not like he's the only one cutting to fight in a lower weight class.

Nope. Only haters believe that

He's tough

mrw-when-i-spend-hours-cooking-my-boyfriend-a-huge-homemade-dinner-then-he-says-hes-too-full-to--sex-44601.gif

He beat Aldo and Mendes who are also big FWs. Aldo has said numerous times he'd like to move to LW eventually. Conor didn't beat either of them because of his size, he beat them because he hit Mendes like a sack of bricks and he perfectly countered Aldo.

What are your thoughts on this? He is a big fucking FW, which helps, but I think people over estimate how much it matters.
Yyyyyyyup!!! That's about all there is to Conor is size advantage, a straight left with some flashy spinning shit, terrible cardio, suspect chin, no heart and a white belt ground game.

We will find out just how good he is when he makes the inevitable jump to LW. IMO the grapplers there will keep him from being elite. Unless the UFC shields him from them.

We'd be silly to act like he doesn't have any skills. However, his counter left hand is much more effective when facing guys that need to close the distance in order to hit him. He landed a couple good counters on Diaz but often times he was overextended and lost power because of it. He'd find good success at LW but not at the championship level.

Compare the extension/ angle of body on this punch:
hqdefault.jpg

VS
154_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg

Nah, he's a legitimately great striker IMO.

He's just not a world beater. His ground skills are average, his TDD is questionable, and right now his heart and cardio are big questions as well. His size doesn't hurt though, he is certainly way bigger than guys like Siver and Mendes. I don't see him as being top 10 at LW but that's more about matchups at FW vs LW than just size.

Yyyyyyyup!!! That's about all there is to Conor is size advantage, a straight left with some flashy spinning shit, terrible cardio, suspect chin, no heart and a white belt ground game.
Lol suspect chin, at fw he ate shots from Dustin and Mendes and was never rocked, i guess being rocked once means suspect chin llolol

Since he's so into money superfights, would love to see Conor face The Dom.
The Dom has also been looking for a money fight instead of facing TJ again.

Lol suspect chin, at fw he ate shots from Dustin and Mendes and was never rocked, i guess being rocked once means suspect chin llolol
Those two pieces Diaz landed weren't even that powerful. Denial is wonderful when it helps you sleep at night, right?

He is a striker who is used to fighting shorter guys or guys with less reach. His striking style is not suited for bigger guys. He relies on straights and fights like a tall guy. Someone like a hector lombard, fedor, cormier etc. is adept at fighting guys taller because they have their whole career.

This is sherdog, where the size advantage ONLY applies to Jon Jones with chicken legs.

No, but it definitely helps him.

Dude has good power in that left hand, and he comes to bang. He's a very good fighter.

If he strengthens his grappling and kicking game, he will be phenomenal.
Obviously you are full of shit,and just want likes for whatever reason. He is bigger than division, and will never make that weight again, and if he does, Jose dusts him. No iv, remember, no steroids, remember. Conor has never come across naturally as a standout talent, but rather as a forced marketing scheme.

Back