1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do You Think Cejudo Gets The Next Shot Now?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gabe, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Gabe Saturdays are for the Boys

Benavidez just got matched up against Bagautinov, so I'd imagine they'll hold Cejudo for the winner of the title next month. Maybe they put him against Formiga if MM loses. Thoughts?

2. You just haven't earned it yet, baby.

3. Gabe Saturdays are for the Boys

Wouldn't mind seeing Formiga gets smashed on a Fox card next if MM wins, at least he's got s little streak going.

4. BenRichards Brown Belt

i thought the guy had a clause in his contract that called for a title shot after two wins. maybe the benavidez fight was just a stay busy fight

5. Skydome Banned Banned

That's a pretty difficult stay busy fight lol

the ufc had every idea of giving Cejudo the title shot if heat Chico in impressive fashion, imo. But now he needs one more fight, Formiga makes more sense or they might throw him a can to fight.

6. ConradMcgilcuty Purple Belt

cejodo vs borg. I can dream right?

7. Danespina Gold Belt

I feel like Cejudo vs. Formiga is the fight the flyweight division needs right now.

8. Danespina Gold Belt

Maybe. Cejudo, Borg, Formiga, and Benavidez are all going to be competing for the next spot, so some mixture of those guys will likely happen. Plus the winner of Holohan/Smolka.

9. waldywaldy lol motherfuckers

Meh. If Dodson wins MM will get an immediate rematch, if he then wins again they'll probably give it to Benavidez (assuming he beats Ali). Besides, Cejudo needs a signature win before he is ready. He has not been impressive so far.

10. SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

honestly i don't know why anyone would want cejudo to get the next shot, it'll be interesting if he shows big improvements but he clearly isn't ready if we're going off his last fight.

11. KhabibTheBeagle Silver Belt

Cejudo fights Formiga, Ortiz or Borg. No-one else makes sense/is available right now.

12. Bels89 Blue Belt

Theres no way he gets it yet. He has a nice little winning streak in the UFC with Camus, Carriaso, and Kimura but that's not elite competition. All of his wins are by decision too so he isn't the most exciting fighter. He didn't look great in his last fight with Camus either, even though he felt sick. I think he needs at least 1 or 2 big fights before entering the title picture. I wanted to see him against Benavidez but Formiga would be a good opponent as well. I bet you he fights on that Mexico fight night card.