Do you think Cat will ever get her rematch?

Wasn't Cyborg a volleyball player who started fighting at 19? How is she more of a lifelong martial artist than Cat who was a wrestler in her youth long before starting MMA?

Hey man, its no knock on Cat, it's just a simple fact of life that one needs roughly 10,000 hrs in a given discipline to be considered truly proficient at it.

Sure Cat was taking division 3 female wrestlers down but how does that help you against someone that has their 10,000 hrs in the art of finishing once the fight goes to the ground....we saw that plain as day, in a mere 14 seconds. Cat started studying BJJ in 2007 after giving birth, at that very time, Cyborg was tapping bitches out under Galvao and competing professionally as a mixed martial artist. Ronda was breaking arms on an international level when both girls, as you put, were playing volleyball or wrestling on the amateur level.

My point is, WMMA is VERY young. There are very, very few women that have put in anything close to 10,000 and have athletic prowess, muscle memory, finishing accumen to perform on an elite level. My argument is such that it lends credibility to Cat. Cat, Tate, Nunes, McMann, all great fighters, all relatively even fighters but clearly not at the level of comprehension that Ronda or Cyborg gave shown. This is the ''question answering business'' as it has been put, and at current. there is only one question that needs to be answered at this point. Answering vulgarly obvious questions, at this point, is cruel and unnecessary even if good for UFC business and good for the well being of Ronda and fans.

I understand and respect that many don't care to see this question answered or plainly don't want it to be answered owing to their feelings for Ronda. I, for one, think Ronda would beat Cyborg (and the odds reflect that) but it still remains a question, infact, the only that I and millions have ever thought needed to be answered. And, it is a question that certainly carries a greater risk than any question that Ronda has answered thus far and this is why I understand why she does not want to answer it, just as GSP never wanted to answer the AS question or never wanted to travel to 155 to answer the BJ LW question. After all, there does come a point in this business when answering too many questions will tarnish your legacy and this is the reason why GSP is held @ near GOAT status and BJ is considered, by many a fair weather, to be inferior to the likes of a GSP.

The way she lost I was legit questioning if she had been conditioned to rush in like that specifically to make Ronda look as good as possible and was not even being prepped to have a chance at winning. I have never seen a title fight where a contender rushes in like that into a situation that works to their opponent's advantage. After that it is going to take quite some time for her to get back into contention.

So ronda's only competition was destroyed in 14 seconds in possibly the most embarrassing performance in championship history but the only person to get out of the 1st rd against Rousey, let alone the second, would lose '11 out of 10' (sic) fights against rousey. Seems legit.

They would all probably lose "11 out of 10". The difference is, we have probably seen the best Miesha could do. This fight will just be more of the same. The ones that got caught quickly potentially have more to offer than that.

Cat, Tate, Nunes, McMann, all great fighters, all relatively even fighters but clearly not at the level of comprehension that Ronda or Cyborg gave shown. This is the ''question answering business'' as it has been put, and at current. there is only one question that needs to be answered at this point.

No. There is also the question of whether Cyborg would beat Tate, McMann, or Cat as well.

why so she can not expect the armbar again?

As much as I really do not care for Honda, she takes care of opponents quickly and suffers little damage. Dana/UFC will milk the Ronda hype train as long as they can. We obviously have the trilogy coming up with Miesha. Then a case could be made for Cat and McMann rematches if the Cyborg fight doesn't materialize. I would like to see Holm fight her, but Holly is progressing slowing.

She might be mentally done.

Kinda like how Nate marquardt could never really climp the ladder a second time

After he pervious statement I'm not sure, let the girl have at least 3 or 4 victories, as Meisha did

I hope so, but if the UFC is seriously entertaining Rousey/Tate III I honestly don't see Ronda fighting anyone after that but Cyborg before retiring.

ConcreteFaithfulAmurminnow.gif

I hope so, but if the UFC is seriously entertaining Rousey/Tate III I honestly don't see Ronda fighting anyone after that but Cyborg before retiring.

But then the Holmos will cry over the prophecy not being fulfilled...

Wasn't Cyborg a volleyball player who started fighting at 19? How is she more of a lifelong martial artist than Cat who was a wrestler in her youth long before starting MMA?

because that's the new narrative that wmma haters are running with

But then the Holmos will cry over the prophecy not being fulfilled...

Holm keeps winning and yet somehow keeps looking less and less ready to threaten Ronda.

I think the fact Betch got a shot proves that prophecy ain't gonna be fulfilled.

So ronda's only competition was destroyed in 14 seconds in possibly the most embarrassing performance in championship history but the only person to get out of the 1st rd against Rousey, let alone the second, would lose '11 out of 10' (sic) fights against rousey. Seems legit.

Glad u agree :)

I actually think she's no more than 3 wins away from it. Maybe 2.

Speaking of which, there's seems to be very little information on the web about cyborgs early life before she became a fighter. Pictures of her as a teenager and so forth. I find that very strange.

Speaking of which, there's seems to be very little information on the web about cyborgs early life before she became a fighter. Pictures of her as a teenager and so forth. I find that very strange.

If you looked that you wouldn't want people to take your photos either.

Cat chickened out of a fight with Sara McMann.

A few months ago Cat said she wasn't hurt (after the Rousey fight) and wanted to get another fight asap so she could contend again for the title.

Then when Sara called her out, Cat suddenly said she wanted to "wait" a while before returning. LOL.

Methinks it's cowardice.

Back