1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do you think Cat will ever get her rematch?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by filthynumber1, Aug 6, 2015.

1. HorseGloves Orange Belt

You know, that's sad but true. It's great she always finds a comeback against others but Rousey doesn't let anyone besides Tate out of the first round.

2. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Wasn't Cyborg a volleyball player who started fighting at 19? How is she more of a lifelong martial artist than Cat who was a wrestler in her youth long before starting MMA?

3. filthynumber1 Silver Belt

..[​IMG]

Iam just displaying my disinterest in Ronda/Meisha 3 is all. Meisha has nothing for Ronda an it looks like we're gonna see it again. I can edit it out if it bothers you that much. Or you can go fuck yourself?

4. Chomsky Honk Black Belt

In a small town full of people that hate me
    Ronda just got lucky that Cat wasn't expecting Ronda to attack her arm

5. xterm11 Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins

I think if she strings together 2-3 solid wins (1-2 by stoppage) she would be right back in there. They can spin it as a lucky scramble since it happened so fast you really can't take anything from it.

Hope she does because I think he is the only one with the power in her strikes to stop Ronda. Can't see someone out grappling Ronda or being able to take a decision from her.

6. Uber_Noober Silver Belt

Thin division, she's always near the top, so yeah who else are they going to give it to?

7. TrueBias Silver Belt

Is Cain getting a rematch?
    Is 135 as silly as the HWs?

Yes to both?

Then yep.

8. tenniswhiz Steel Belt

I hope Cat happens again. I don't think she'll win but I know she could actually challenge Ronda in some areas.

I don't know why some of you were so impressed with Meisha's performance in the rematch. She was dominated in every way possible before being subbed.
    I've seen a lot of posts lately, exaggerating the "success" Meisha had in the standup against Rousey. Meisha had no success in that fight whatsoever.
    And I believe that Ronda allowed the fight to go into the 3rd; Meisha didn't make it to R3 because she's so good.

9. Defeat Unknown Silver Belt

Nope, she don't fight.

Also, is it me or do her boobs look frickin gigantic here?

[​IMG]

10. tenniswhiz Steel Belt

There really isn't such thing as a "female wrestler".
    Sure, maybe she was allowed to wrestle at school, but c'mon...

11. WrestlinganJudo Banned Banned

Tell me what area you think Cat challenges Ronda in?

12. christer Brown Belt

IMO she is further away from a title shot than somebody that just signed with the UFC and has yet to fight in the division.

But people have gotten title shots coming of losses, so who knows. Who would buy that though?

13. filthynumber1 Silver Belt

Can you elaborate on the "she don't fight" comment plz

14. sterdog Orange Belt

I agree, the fact that it went three rounds gets exaggerated, Ronda was clearly winning the fight. Meisha did show some defense but that was it.

As for Cat, I wish I could say I would like to see her fight Ronda again but she lasted 14 friggin

15. Defeat Unknown Silver Belt

She doesn't fight. Her last fight was in February and lasted 14 seconds. It's been 6 months and she doesn't have a fight scheduled yet, which means we may not see her again this year. In the past 5 years, she has had 5 fights.

Tough to get back to the title when you're not fighting.

16. Scamrock Black Belt

Probably, and I hope so. I also feel like she has more to offer Ronda than what we saw. Same with Davis, and probably McMann. I'm not even opposed to a Kaufman rematch if it came down to it. Any of those would be better to me than a Tate rematch. I feel like we have seen the best Tate can offer. It will just be more of the same. I'm more interested in how those others can make their adjustments. Especially Zingano and Davis, because I know they are better than that...even if they still end up losing in the first round.

Really, there aren't a lot of new faces to break into the top contenders other than maybe Holm and Pena. I wouldn't be surprised to see Correia get weeded out. She got to jump the line since she was a fresh match up. I don't really expect her to compete with the other top contenders. So just like with Tate, I don't think it is too much to think one or more of them could get another crack at the title. But will it be Zingano? I might lean toward her or Davis.

17. Lifeisnoholiday Ninja belt

What about McMann? Should be the only one to counter her wrestling (except for RR, of course), and Cat strongly relies on her throws (like Nunes fight).

18. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

So ronda's only competition was destroyed in 14 seconds in possibly the most embarrassing performance in championship history but the only person to get out of the 1st rd against Rousey, let alone the second, would lose '11 out of 10' (sic) fights against rousey. Seems legit.

19. sterdog Orange Belt

Exactly, the last time Cat had an opportunity to show her "superior skills" the fight lasted under a quarter of a minute. That is as bad as you can get.

20. Scamrock Black Belt