Do you think casuals will ever get bored with ronda like they did with MMA in general

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by snkst, Aug 2, 2015.

1. snkst

snkst Orange Belt

having todays entertain me now society getting bored with rousey a year from now, I know you'd think 'ya seeing ko's is boring' but that was the ufc before it stopped being popular and i think it was FAR MORE than just 'well the ufc had more entertaining fights back then'

they audience saw it while it was new, hung around and then left cause they got bored with it/it just wasn't for them..

Lesnar was a project that attracted extra viewers and then casuals left ofcourse.

ronda is something new right now.. just like the ufc and Lesnar, got a lil bit of attention shes not smashing payperview records left and right either, will the casuals clue in on her competition skill level and question it? will they ever be like 'this aint worth the damn money when its the same sh*t with this u know shes gonna win why pay when i can catch it minutes later, it'll be another generation before competition changes im tellin you, money is money, unless something drastic happens i actually do question if todays quick fix audience will continue to tune in yearly for this..

they already tuned out the ufc years ago..

not hating just a thought.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. WhitebeltXL

WhitebeltXL Black Belt

Of course they will. It's the nature of being a casual viewer of anything. Ronda is flavour of the month.

3. Malthian

Malthian Purple Belt

Tyson was a huge PPV draw for almost 6 years before he went to prison.
    After he returned to boxing, he was still a major draw for several years after that.

Do not underestimate the audience appetite for winners, especially dominant winners.

4. manu1433

manu1433 Blue Belt

people eventually stopped buying Tyson's ppv can fights....and that is with boxing being immensely more popular than mma

so yea, i'd say it is a safe bet

5. Pwent

Pwent Guest

Not if they continue to watch for her. Yes if they watch to see MMA

Most pac and Mayweather fans don't even like boxing

6. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Eventually but I don't think Ronda will stick around that much longer. 6 fights two years tops.

7. EliteLurker

EliteLurker Black Belt

She's a cultural event now, people who know nothing about MMA get exited to see her fights. So no, they won't get bored, they are there to see her, not the opponent.

Honestly, Ronda is getting so big she doesn't need UFC.

8. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Probably not before she retires. Casuals love her for some reason, the bar I was at was going crazy during and after her fight.

9. j18lee

j18lee Brown Belt

As long as she continues to remain undefeated, then no no, they won't get bored of Ronda.

There will be the Tate 3 fight, then rematch with Zingano is sellable. Then Holly Holm, then Cyborg. By then, maybe Julianna Pe

10. Bad Romance

Bad Romance Brown Belt

I think in today's culture of smartphones and short attention spans nothing can really capture the public's attention for too long. There are just so many entertainment options to distract the general public for any one thing to be on top for long.

11. jthatdude

jthatdude Brown Belt

As long as her and Connor keep winning, I don't see why not. Right now, both are bringing in new audiences, one with the ladies and the other with the internationals. Similar to when GSP brought in the Canadians and Lesnar brought in the wrestling fans.

Another thing is how long Ronda plans to fight. Honestly, I think 2016 might be her last year if she fights Holm and Cyborg. If she beats both, why continue fighting especially if her Hollywood career grow. If she retires next year, some of her fans will tune the UFC out.

12. ElLunico

ElLunico Green Belt

I like watching finishes and greatness. I'd rather watch her than a lot of male fighters that can't finish fights.

13. Max Power

Max Power Got The Touch Platinum Member

If she keeps winning, particularly in devastating fashion then more people will want to watch her fight.:)

14. saugeye killah

saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

I don't know. I'm still a fairly die-hard fan, even though my interest had dwindled slightly over past couple years. That, however was the most excited I've been for a fight since Anderson vs Weidman 2.