Do you think brad Pitt is a good actor?

Film Acting may be a craft with low entry level requirements (looking good and being able to string a sentence together can get you pretty far), but Stage Acting is still extremely tough. Very few big time film actors do stage, and many that attempt it have failed (Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman and Bruce Willis being recent examples of movie stars that tried Broadway and got hammered when they tried Broadway). There''s no one to save an actor on stage. On film there are multiple ways to mask an actor having limited craft or talent.

So I'd say theatre is still a proving ground for serious actors. It's not worth the risk of being exposed and humiliated for movie megastars like Brad Pitt and George Clooney to do live theatre.
In stage you have to literally shout to be heard by the public, that alone doesn´t really represent a normal interaction in real life.

Also again to be seen they over express emotions and physical moviments. A actor of theater is no better than a movie star, different yes but no better, they are better at being gay.

honestly, he's so much better in supporting roles

he's a supporting character actor trapped in the body of a leading man

Nobody has said anything about Inglorious Basterds.

I personally didn't think his accent was believable. Unless it was purposely cartoonish.

Of course it was purposely cartoonish.

Not really, guys like Pitt and Channing Tatum are exceptional at picking the projects they are associated with though. Pitt is usually pretty dry and dull, does his best work when he goes outside his normal box like Kalifornia and Snatch.

giphy.gif

He looks like Johnny Wilkinson

He doesn't have as much range as a truly great actor, but he is definitely a good actor. I'd say his acting is actually quite underrated.
12 Monkeys, Snatch, Babel, Legends of the Fall, Fight Club
He's had solid performances

I've never found myself disliking him on screen.

I wouldn't say he's a bad or even mediocre actor.

I'm a snob when it comes to movies/tv and any performance too.

Dunno if I'd say he's the best, but good? Sure.

He doesn't have as much range as a truly great actor, but he is definitely a good actor. I'd say his acting is actually quite underrated.
12 Monkeys, Snatch, Babel, Legends of the Fall, Fight Club
He's had solid performances
He made snatch quite enjoyable imo.

Back