Do you think Biden is a better candidate than Hillary was?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seems to me there was quite a bit more enthusism when Hillary was running, but then again, it's hard to compare because of the pandemic? I remember seeing quite a bit more "I'm with her" merchandise.

I thought Hillary was more consistent. And probably a lot smarter. Biden is at least not a former president's spouse.

I mean people weren't as emotionally traumatized when Hillary ran. Also , most people (myself included) thought of how there was no way would trump could win, so the enthusiasm was more or less just a wait for Hillary to be president (LOL). Keep in mind the lack of enthusiasm could be cause Kamala is extremely unlikeable as evidence of her own presidential bid and most people don't expect Biden to be president for long.

Seems to me there was quite a bit more enthusism when Hillary was running, but then again, it's hard to compare because of the pandemic? I remember seeing quite a bit more "I'm with her" merchandise.

hiya Richmma80,

a better candidate?

i guess that depends on what you mean by that. Hillary was sharper on policy - and i think she had a capacity for boldness that Mr. Biden lacks. her healthcare initiative in the early 90's was politically suicidal, but she believed in it and just forged ahead.

but as a candidate?

as a candidate she was hated, by both the left and the right, to a degree that i've not witnessed over the course of my lifetime.

as a candidate she was very shitty, i think, because being hated seems like an instant dealbreaker.

i gotta add that i didn't hate her. i wasn't exactly with her on some of her foreign policy philosophy, and i found her flip flop on the TPP very hard to stomach, but i felt the kind of bi-partisan vitriol that was heaped on her to be a little embarrassing (and ill informed).

Joe Biden seems, at the very least, to very much less hated that Hillary. by that metric, he is a way, way, way, way, wayyyyyyyyy better candidate than Mrs. Clinton could ever have hoped to be.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Hilary was hated on a level that Biden could never approach. Hilary was hated on a level even Trump couldn't approach. Trumps supporters are far more rabid than anyone supporting Hilary.

Hillary was only hated by Trump supporters. I barely saw anyone who wasn't a Trump supporter who had anything negative to say about Hillary. I only saw hatred from the left after she lost the election. Prior to that, she was the "most qualified person ever" to run for Presidency. I think even Obama said the same.

I guess we'll find out.

Personally, under normal circumstances with a relatively calm America, I think Hillary is stronger(not necessarily better). Biden is a lame duck, but the current climate has him seeing a lot of support just because. They could put a cat up there to challenge Trump, and it would see strong support among the "anyone or anything but Trump" crowd, so it's a little tough to measure Biden's actual support at the moment. I have a feeling if he gets in, he's not going to enjoy this feverish support for very long.

Not really. But in 2016 most people didn't have the first hand experience of what a colossal train wreck Donald Trump was and now everyone's had 4 years of it. Biden's gonna win on that alone.

There is no difference. Both are just there to take orders and do the biding of the military industrial complex and other special interests.

hiya Richmma80,

a better candidate?

i guess that depends on what you mean by that. Hillary, i think, was sharper on policy - and i think she had a capacity for boldness that Mr. Biden lacks. her healthcare initiative in the early 90's was politically suicidal, but she believed in it and just forged ahead.

but as a candidate?

as a candidate she was hated, by both the left and the right, to a degree that i've not witnessed over the course of my lifetime.

as a candidate she was very shitty, i think, because being hated (to me) seems like an instant dealbreaker.

i gotta add that i didn't hate her. i wasn't exactly with her on some of her foreign policy philosophy, and i found her flip flop on the TPP very hard to stomach, but i felt the kind of bi-partisan vitriol that was heaped on her to be a little embarrassing (and ill informed).

Joe Biden seems, at the very least, to very much less hated that Hillary. by that metric, he is a way, way, way, way, wayyyyyyyyy better candidate than Mrs. Clinton could ever have hoped to be.

- IGIT
Joe's likeable, like a grandpa. Says crazy things like one too.

Not really. But in 2016 most people didn't have the first hand experience of what a colossal train wreck Donald Trump was and now everyone's had 4 years of it. Biden's gonna win on that alone.
LOL. If you jsut discovered who Donald Trump was in 2016 you've been living under a rock.

Joe's likeable, like a grandpa. Says crazy things like one too.

hi fedoriswar37,

everything is relative, i guess.

a sober person would have to take a look at Mr. Biden's gaffes and President Trump's body of work and decide which vexes them more.

either way, Mrs. Clinton was not as good as Mr. Biden is, as a candidate for POTUS. to be honest, the simple fact that he's an old white guy, as opposed to a woman, makes him a much stronger candidate already.

- IGIT

if biden wins all i hope is for the years of autistic screeching from the left to stop.

Back