Do you think Askren could come out of retirement if he beats Jake Paul?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean, think about It, his name would be bigger than ever. He could automatically get money fights in the UFC, probably even Masvidal rematch immediately. UFC loves someone with some hype attached to their name. The press conference alone for Paul vs Askren made Askren famous lol imagine after him abusing Jake Paul. God, I hope it happens.

Didn't want to see Askren retire so early in UFC career, he only had 3 fights in UFC and two of them were competitive and one was unlucky. Still has Olympic wrestling background, and always had heart. Thought Masvidal loss was heavy for him maybe but c'mon he can do better. Entertaining in an annoying big brother kind of way as well lol people shouldnt be offended.

He wants to retire

Theyd have to offer him big big money

It's just amazing that the guy was an Olympian, fought other dudes for a living, and still could never develop a set of abs.

He may be more famous but his skills wont get better.

He returns to MMA and will get destroyed by any Top 10 fighter.

Maybe, but it works the other way too. If he loses his reputation is ruined. He's older, smaller, slower, doesn't move his head, has never boxed at this level before, and can't execute basic boxing techniques. Has anyone seen Nate Robinson? Jake lures them in with the check, then banishes them from existence. He could've stuck to coaching wrestling, the money isn't worth it.

He returns to MMA and will get destroyed by any Top 25 fighter.

The fact he was declared the winner against Robbie Lawler is still the craziest shit to me. He's arguably the biggest overachiever in the history of MMA.

Maybe, but it works the other way too. If he loses his reputation is ruined. He's older, smaller, slower, doesn't move his head, has never boxed at this level before, and can't execute basic boxing techniques. Has anyone seen Nate Robinson? Jake lures them in with the check, then banishes them from existence. He could've stuck to coaching wrestling, the money isn't worth it.

Actually at this point his reputation is already ruined. He is mostly remembered for that KO loss in 3 seconds.

Few people expect him to win this fight with Paul (That I actually think it will end in some controversial BS)

Nah, he will just box Logan Paul next.

What is he getting paid to do this anyway?

C'mon don't write him off like that, based on a bit of a belly? He's still one of the highest level grapplers in his game and hes on the road to at least improve his striking a bit with this Jake Paul boxing matchup. Would like to see him come back at least once in UFC.

C'mon don't write him off like that, based on a bit of a belly? He's still one of the highest level grapplers in his game and hes on the road to at least improve his striking a bit with this Jake Paul boxing matchup. Would like to see him come back at least once in UFC.

He looked very bad in his last 3 MMA fights.
Now he is older, with more damage and who knows what will happen with him today.

What makes you think that at this point he still can compete with any Top 10 fighter?

Actually at this point his reputation is already ruined. He is mostly remembered for that KO loss in 3 seconds.

Few people expect him to win this fight with Paul (That I actually think it will end in some controversial BS)
Getting slept by Masvidal is one thing, but letting the class clown get a piece of that ass is going to be monumentally worse.

If he gets slept by Paul, he will literally be shunned by most of MMA media. Like he could've had a TV job commentating for high level MMA, but if he gets embarrassed in devastating fashion by a youtuber, that shit is done. How do you open a gym or have a media presence in MMA after this? There's no coming back from a loss here.

I hope the money is worth it

What is he getting paid to do this anyway?
K, so I looked it up. And he is getting paid over 2.5 UFC fights. Why wouldn't he? And get the publicity too. Then he can sell shirts mocking Jake too if he wins. Jake should have chose a bigger name though

Getting slept by Masvidal is one thing, but letting the class clown get a piece of that ass is going to monumentally worse.

If he gets slept by Paul, he will literally be shunned by most of MMA media. Like he could've had a TV job commentating for high level MMA, but if he gets embarrassed in devastating fashion by a youtuber, that shit is done. How do you open a gym or have a media presence in MMA after this? There's no coming back from a loss here.

I hope the money is worth it

The thing is that actually he is not expected to win this fight. His stand up skills are very very bad. Paul is a YouTuber but from what we have seen, he has much better hands than Askren.

If this was a Mma fight then yes, it would be the most embarrassing thing ever if Askren lost. But in a pure boxing match he is expected to lose.

So if he loses today nothing will change for him, but if he wins he will make huge news.

However he has a hope of winning. He is extremely experienced in competing and I am sure that mentally he is way tougher than Paul.
Paul looks and sounds pretty dumb, so he may make stupid mistakes that will let Aksren somehow win.

We will see though.

The thing is that actually he is not expected to win this fight. His stand up skills are very very bad. Paul is a YouTuber but from what we have seen, he has much better hands than Askren.

If this was a Mma fight then yes, it would be the most embarrassing thing ever if Askren lost. But in a pure boxing match he is expected to lose.

So if he loses today nothing will change for him, but if he wins he will make huge news.

However he has a hope of winning. He is extremely experienced in competing and I am sure that mentally he is way tougher than Paul.
Paul looks and sounds pretty dumb, so he may make stupid mistakes that will let Aksren somehow win.

We will see though.
I didn't say lose, I said SLEPT!

He must atleast maintain consciousness, because otherwise it'll be hard to walk around in public. I'd bet on you versus Ben Askren in a boxing match, and I don't even know anything about you lol. This'll be a fun night :)

He has a new hip so I can't say how that would pay out but Prime Askren is a title contender.

K, so I looked it up. And he is getting paid over 2.5 UFC fights. Why wouldn't he? And get the publicity too. Then he can sell shirts mocking Jake too if he wins. Jake should have chose a bigger name though
A bigger name would have striking skills and would kill him. Askren is a safe bet. But God I hope he beats the shit of Paul

I mean, think about It, his name would be bigger than ever. He could automatically get money fights in the UFC, probably even Masvidal rematch immediately. UFC loves someone with some hype attached to their name. The press conference alone for Paul vs Askren made Askren famous lol imagine after him abusing Jake Paul. God, I hope it happens.

Didn't want to see Askren retire so early in UFC career, he only had 3 fights in UFC and two of them were competitive and one was unlucky. Still has Olympic wrestling background, and always had heart. Thought Masvidal loss was heavy for him maybe but c'mon he can do better. Entertaining in an annoying big brother kind of way as well lol people shouldnt be offended.

If he wins, he rematches with him IMO and picks up another huge pay.

Back