Do you think any fighter w/ more than 4 losses will ever hold a belt?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The current UFC champs records are as follows:

HW: Cain Velasquez (11-1)
LHW: Jon Jones (17-1)
MW: Anderson Silva (33-4)
WW: Georges St. Pierre (23-2)
LW: Benson Henderson (18-2)
FW: Jose Aldo (21-1)
BW: Dominick Cruz (19-1)
FLW: Demetrious Johnson (16-2-1)

No interim title holders please.

But do you think we'll ever see a champ that has morep than 4 losses?

I mean, look at right now how elite the champs are.

All of them besides Silva have between 1 & 2 losses. It shows a lot as to how good these fighters are. They're all elite and they're always fighting the best competition their division can provide them.

Once again, do you think it is possible?

Ubereem has a good chance.

Sure it's possible. I can almost guarantee it happens at some point.

Well Couture and Penn did it back in the day so I guess it's possible. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has more than 4 loses who might be a future champion.

Overeem is the next heavyweight champion so it'll happen relatively soon

Shogun won the title with 4 losses, although of them were the weird broken arm against coleman and the decision he was robbed of. Griffin won the title with 4 losses. Same with AS, although one of them was a DQ. Nick Diaz beat Gomi who was the pride LW champ with 6 losses. He didn't get the belt cause it wasn't a title fight for i forgot what reason, but he was the unofficial champ.

Randy thinks it's possible.

Yes Randy and I think it will happen again, consider that Chael is getting yet another title shot, he's got two notable losses to Silva but he has several outside the UFC.

Matt Hughes lost multiple times to Dennis Hallman and yet held the WW title for years after that...

I don't think the thread starter has watched MMA for more than say 10 years.

Yes Randy and I think it will happen again, consider that Chael is getting yet another title shot, he's got two notable losses to Silva but he has several outside the UFC.

Matt Hughes lost multiple times to Dennis Hallman and yet held the WW title for years after that...

I don't think the thread starter has watched MMA for more than say 10 years.

10 years? Id say no more than 3.

A better question would be will there be a UFC champion with more than 4 UFC losses?

Shogun won the title with 4 losses, although of them were the weird broken arm against coleman and the decision he was robbed of. Griffin won the title with 4 losses. Same with AS, although one of them was a DQ. Nick Diaz beat Gomi who was the pride LW champ with 6 losses. He didn't get the belt cause it wasn't a title fight for i forgot what reason, but he was the unofficial champ.

Didn't get the belt because PRIDE was shady and sometimes rigged. The Yakuza sent Diaz in there to be the sacrificial UFC "lamb" to prove PRIDE's superiority, but just in case, they weren't gonna make it a title fight.

serra is another example of someone who had four losses when he beat gsp.

guess the question is more than four.

sure, not sure why this should be some sort of barrier.

Overeem will probably get taken down like JDS did against Cain and lose, same with Diaz, but they could do it, also maybe Hendo? Marquardt? Swanson? Hell even Sonnen could

Back