Do you think an unexpected leg lock or heel hook could give Amanda the win.

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everybody is talking about Rousey's judo vs Amanda's bjj. Could Amanda doing an unexpected leg lock or heel hook give her the win?

The leg submission game is non existent in judo. Rhonda's leg submission defense could be a major hole for Amanda to exploit. What do you all think?

Amanda is no Gorgeous Frank or Paul Harris.

So No.

Ronda gonna ippon this stray cat back to the WNBA.

She might be able to catch Ronda but why risk it? If she focuses 100% on stopping the throws and disengaging, Ronda has nothing for her on the feet.

If she does get taken down, I think that she should play it very safe also. Don't force the scramble unless she really feels confident in not getting caught. Otherwise lock Ronda into guard - Ronda does not like that position at all.

She might be able to catch Ronda but why risk it? If she focuses 100% on stopping the throws and disengaging, Ronda has nothing for her on the feet.

If she does get taken down, I think that she should play it very safe also. Don't force the scramble unless she really feels confident in not getting caught. Otherwise lock Ronda into guard - Ronda does not like that position at all.
I am curious, why wouldn't Ronda like guard? I really can't remember the last time that she was inside someone's guard, she should have no problem slicing through her guard.

I am curious, why wouldn't Ronda like guard? I really can't remember the last time that she was inside someone's guard, she should have no problem slicing through her guard.
According to BJJ scout, Ronda is not an expert passer. Before the Davis fight, BJScout said in his video that he didn't think Ronda could pass Davis' guard. Both Davis and Lioness are BJJ black belts.

According to BJJ scout, Ronda is not an expert passer. Before the Davis fight, BJScout said in his video that he didn't think Ronda could pass Davis' guard. Both Davis and Lioness are BJJ black belts.
This was two years ago so things could have changed by now.

She's gonna have to go with a Boston Crab I think.

One physical weak point on Ronda are her knees. Smart fighting would be to knee crip Ronda 'ala knee teeps. Keep her at range and stall her momentum. But we all know what Nunes is gonna do. She's gonna come out and bum rush right into Ronda's grappling range, get thrown to the ground and armbared.

I seem to remember her looking flustered in Carmouche's guard at some point in that fight. Might have been Tate..

No. It wasn't Carmouche. Just re-watched it.

Impossible to heel hook Ronda with those sturdy cankles

i thought any lock that subs you was a surprise.

We have finally reached event day.

The bored Nostradumbass threads can stop now.

You can get through the day, son. I know you can.

Liz Carmouche attempted to leglock Ronda. This ended up in Ronda passing into sidemount and eventually cost Carmouche the fight.

Back