Do you think Adesanya will KO Romero?

I think Izzy will finish yoel. Costa dropped yoel face first. If not for the cheating, Costa would have probably finished him. Yoel then became a point fighter, avoiding the tank that he always been, WTF? None of this will work against Izzy. Not the point and look away sucker punch, not the fake groin shot, and he's definitely not out-pointing Izzy. Also, Izzy won't gas like Costa in the third.
Costa did not look to that direction before getting hit. Romero threw a combo, and the left hook landed hard.

I'm really on the fence, Israel is peak AF at the moment and his confidence is sky high. He's a skilled, diverse, and accurate striker. He hasn't displayed much 1 punch KO type power in the UFC, but make no mistake his punches have pop to them.

Romero is explosive AF, solid chin, and has championship experience. If Romero comes in amazing shape, the best I can say is the fight is 50/50. A pick'em in my eyes. If my back was against the wall and I wasn't a Romero fan I'd say Israel by TKO....not KO but TKO.

I'm a Romero fan, so war Soldier of God and I see you soon...boi

He doesn't punch hard enough. He might leg kick him to death tho. I don't see any situation where he trades with Yoel, which he'll need to do to get a KO unless he lands the mother of all head kicks.

Trying to KO Yoel looks like this:

ChillyTerrificGoral-max-1mb.gif

He has only 1 KO loss, it was 9 years ago by Rafael Cavalcante who was a KO Chessmaster.

Cavalcante-Rafael-SF21-4.jpg
He was knocked out by Henderson, turning 180 degrees.

I wish, but it is hard to imagine how he makes it happen.
if gastelum could get in there and tag izzy and have him hurt, im sure romero would be able to do more than that.

PalePastelBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Yoel's only been finished once, and it was nine years ago.

You're an idiot if you think Adesanya's going to knock him out. Izzy's put away three guys in the UFC. Two have suspect chins, and the other is some can who nobody's ever heard of. Adesanya had both Brunson and Gastelum hurt for long periods of time. He couldn't finish Gastelum, and the Brunson fight should've arguably seen a second round, as the guy popped right back up to his feet and walked back to his corner with nine seconds left in the first.

An Adesanya win will come via decision. A Yoel win will likely come via knockout. The only way I could see Romero getting a decision is if he gets a 10-8 round coupled with some other close ones. 90% of the people saying Yoel's getting finished won't have the balls to put any money on it. The 5-10% who do are casuals.

if gastelum could get in there and tag izzy and have him hurt, im sure romero would be able to do more than that.

PalePastelBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif
Old Romero is not good at footwork after three rounds.

I never know what to expect from Yoel anymore. While I thought he would knock Costa out, I did not think he would be able to survive a firefight where he had to throw exchange bombs in the 3rd round. I figured he would gas out.

In this next fight I think he will be gassed and stopped in the 4th or 5th round, but who knows at this point. He is the ultimate wildcard.

I think there’s a good chance of that happening, Romero has been through some WARS and with his age he has to break eventually.

Yoel also has a very bad habit of slowing down in fights to conserve his energy and Izzy stays consistent with his pace throughout and even amps it up the later the fight goes. I can see Izzy finishing Yoel in the 4th or 5th, but I would still bet on a clear decision win for stylebender

He could. It's certainly a possibility. Will it happen? We'll see. Romero is an animal, but he's also over 40. I could see him getting knocked out. I could also see him knocking out Israel.

Damn good fight. I'm glad Costa got hurt.

Its a risky fight for Izzy, cause he could just let Romero slide off into retirement and avoid fighting him. Romero is now 43 yo and has nothing to lose. Izzy is risking a potential deadly fight, cause Romero hasn't given up hope to win that title, Romero is always dangerous. He has been matched in 4 title fights in the last couple of years, to him, that's like a message straight from god that he needs to win this belt, so Romero will once again come to the fight prepared 130% and ready to kill and have a nice Christmas. Romero is a simple man with strong belief, that's a very dangerous soldier right there. Izzy doesn't get much credit from this win, cause Romero is 43 and this is his last fight, but if Izzy thinks this is not a risky fight, this could be a short night for him, Romero is still very dangerous fighter who's got big puncher's chance.
That being said Izzy should win this fight, he is the more technical striker with iron chin and cardio which should match good with Romero's small gas tank and sloppier striking. I predict Izzy 65% and this is the first time I don't pick Romero to win.

Romero wasnt stopped by Costa, if there is a stoppage in that fight its a TKO, not a full stiff KO, on either side.

I think it could happen depending on how shot Yoel is, but then again the normal rules don’t seem to apply to him with his age and all.

We've never seen Yoel go out cold. Cavalcante rocked and tkoed him but that was early on in his career. Israel should pick him apart but I don't think he'll get the finish. I'd be happy if he did though.

Back