Do you think Adesanya will KO Romero?

Threads like this jinx fighters.

Still trying to make back the cash I lost on Roxy vs Barber

I think Izzy plays it safe. Keeps distance and outpoints Romero 50-45

He could. It's certainly a possibility. Will it happen? We'll see. Romero is an animal, but he's also over 40. I could see him getting knocked out. I could also see him knocking out Israel.

Damn good fight. I'm glad Costa got hurt.

I think Izzy will finish yoel. Costa dropped yoel face first. If not for the cheating, Costa would have probably finished him. Yoel then became a point fighter, avoiding the tank that he always been, WTF? None of this will work against Izzy. Not the point and look away sucker punch, not the fake groin shot, and he's definitely not out-pointing Izzy. Also, Izzy won't gas like Costa in the third.

Israel by KO/TKO in the championship rounds IMO.

Gastelum also had an extremely tough chin, I don't think he was ever dropped before fighting Israel. Fight would have been stopped if the 5th round went on for 10 more seconds.

I don't foresee a KO but I think he stuns him more than a few times and possibly gets a late finish as damage piles up.

I agree. Izzy is going to be moving alot and striking in more volume than Yoel has seen before - it will add up. Plus, I don't see Izzy getting lulled into letting Yoel rest and refuel his gas tank the way he has been so good at doing in most of his fights - Izzy's pace won't allow for it. For those reasons I think he TKOs a fading Yoel who has absorbed lots of strikes.

Late round TKO. Yoel is going to be defenseless if those goes into the championship rounds with a striker like Izzy.

Yoel needs to win early or hurt Izzy bad in the 1st 3 rounds.

Gastelum landed some not really heavy and not really flush shots that got Izzy in trouble. If Yoel lands big he will 100% drop him to the ground. I don't trust Izzy to recover.

Anyway, Whittaker tried to dart in and out against Yoel, but vs Izzy he tried to stand and swang and both times got caught by Izzy's long reach in those hook exchanges.

I think Adesanya will win via UD.
He doesn't punch hard enough. He might leg kick him to death tho. I don't see any situation where he trades with Yoel, which he'll need to do to get a KO unless he lands the mother of all head kicks.

Trying to KO Yoel looks like this:

ChillyTerrificGoral-max-1mb.gif

He has only 1 KO loss, it was 9 years ago by Rafael Cavalcante who was a KO Chessmaster.

Cavalcante-Rafael-SF21-4.jpg

Last edited:
Israel by KO/TKO in the championship rounds IMO.

Gastelum also had an extremely tough chin, I don't think he was ever dropped before fighting Israel. Fight would have been stopped if the 5th round went on for 10 more seconds.
i think weidman knocked him down

I may be wrong, but I don´t see a MW able to KO Romero today.
Maybe a decision. But I don´t think Israel can stop Gay Jesus before the 25 minutes.

No I guess.? But Adesanya via Decision

Would love to see Izzy lose. Same reason the wilder loss was so awesome.

I could definitely see Adesanya finishing Romero with combo.

He very well might. Yoel has been in wars. That chin has to go sometime. Izzy, if anyone, could put him away.

Izzy will get the finish.

Then sherdog will be full of posts about how Rob and Costa broke him b4 hand so he will get no credit for beating a fighter on a losing streak etc etc.

Then he will destroy Costa and people will claim he's over rated and his only good win was a 42 year old coming off 2 losses etc etc.

Pretty normal stuff

more like romero will knock izzy out.

Back