Do You Think a Potential MayMac Matchup Will Break PPV Records?

No. It will do a mill or two. Most people you approach on the street do not know who Conor Mcgregor is or even Ronda Rousey for that matter. The UFC just isn't mainstream enough. On top of that the frat boy facade that Dana gives off and the way he swears and promotes immature behavior like throwing bottles and constant swearing will always keep a good portion of fans at a distance. Not everyone is able to chuckle at WWE type of shit.

I heard maymac ppv will be 129.99​

Conor has done 1.5-1.6 in the UFC....you think adding mayweather to the equation only equates to 500k buys?

Yes, because UFC cards have 5 other main card bouts that are usually worth watching. Put Conor vs anybody on as an MMA ppv with no other main card fights, and see how many ppv buys he gets there before you make that analogy.

Yes, because UFC cards have 5 other main card bouts that are usually worth watching. Put Conor vs anybody on as an MMA ppv with no other main card fights, and see how many ppv buys he gets there before you make that analogy.

99% of people buy the cards for the main event.

You think Conor only broke the million ppv mark because Tim Means v Sabah Homasi was on the main card?

Who knows. There's never been a potential MMA-Boxing matchup this big. It could fascinate people, it could be a massive bust. People are just speculating when they say it will break records all that ish. I tend to think it will do great numbers but nothing insane, like 1.5-2mm buys. I don't think it will be a good fight however and people will feel ripped..

Who knows. There's never been a potential MMA-Boxing matchup this big. It could fascinate people, it could be a massive bust. People are just speculating when they say it will break records all that ish. I tend to think it will do great numbers but nothing insane, like 1.5-2mm buys. I don't think it will be a good fight however and people will feel ripped..

But Conor has done 1.3-1.5 million in the UFC...how do you people think that mayweather is only gonna add 500k buys.

That's crazy.

If the ppv does 2 million buys, that will be a complete failure.

Boxing fans aren't petty like the MMAnlet fans.

I.e. They don't fit the 18-40 demographic of boondocks inhabiting neckbeards with inferiority complexes that MMA appeals to.

I can assure you more than half of Boxing fans don't even know who Connie is and the other half care less about an exhibition match for Mayweather.

#REDPILL
So what are you thinking? 2-3 range?

99% of people buy the cards for the main event.

You think Conor only broke the million ppv mark because Tim Means v Sabah Homasi was on the main card?

Casuals buy cards based on main events, hardcore fans look at the whole card. But even most casuals aren't interested in this fight. It's only the noob McGregor fans, who are essentially biased casuals, that are gullible enough to pay for this as a sporting event. So out of the normal 1.5 million people who bought his other fights let's say he brings in 2/3 of them, which is an extremely high estimate, to give him 1 million viewers for this fight.

Contrary to popular belief Floyd isnt some megadraw by himself. Boxing fans only buy Mayweather ppvs in large numbers if he's in a competitive matchup; most boxing fans only buy his ppvs if he has a legit chance at losing which is why he only does 300k against guys like Berto where he is the heavy favorite. So let's say Floyd brings 300k boxing viewers.

1 million + 300k + 700k 'curiousity' buys <--- again, a high estimate = 2 million ppv buys, which again is a generous estimate.

I seriously doubt it. Manny-May was talked about for years before it happened. I would hope people are smart enough not to plunk down $60-100 for a glorified sparring match.

I'm gonna guess between 1 mil and 5 mil.

Cuz I'm smart like that.

But Conor has done 1.3-1.5 million in the UFC...how do you people think that mayweather is only gonna add 500k buys.

That's crazy.

Not all those people will buy this PPV. First of all it's going to be $100.00 and it won't even be MMA. And Mayweather has been retired for two years and boxing has moved on. It's all about Joshua, Canelo, Spence, GGG, Thurman, Crawford, Wilder etc now. Boxing fans aren't clinging to Mayweather and Pacquiao like they were in 2015.

That's why this fight needs to happen this year or not at all. Mayweather loses a lot of relevancy every day that goes by as a fighter.

Conor too, he hasn't fought all year..

I'd think around the 2-2.5 million mark. Roughly 1.5 million Conor fans, and about 500k Mayweather fans.

It'll probably do half of MayPac, which is still very very good.

lol...I think you're seriously outta touch man.

if it does 2 million buys i'll fellate you on snapchat.

<6>
If this fight gets made, I'll do a one month long av bet that it doesn't top 2.5 million buys.

Of course not it's a fake fight and if made will be a fixed match. No prestige at stake just two guys looking to get paid. obvious fix

Back