Do You Think a Potential MayMac Matchup Will Break PPV Records?

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was surprised to see a few people say the fight wouldn't outsell the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight and Id like more input.

MayPac sold about 4.5 million pay per views, if you did not know.

What say you?

probably will do around 8-9 millions... all the mma fans and boxing fans combined will watch, especially the casual fans who are much more than hardcore fans

No, I don't think it comes anywhere near Mayweather/Pacquiao.

It'll do good but I'm not sure how good. There really is no precedent for something like this: a p4p boxing king fighting a guy who is 0-0 in boxing on PPV.

No, I don't think it comes anywhere near Mayweather/Pacquiao.

It'll do good but I'm not sure how good. There really is no precedent for something like this: a p4p boxing king fighting a guy who is 0-0 in boxing on PPV.

Don't be dense. It's the biggest name in boxing vs the biggest name in MMA. Nobody is ordering it or watching it as they would a traditional boxing match.

What's your point? Are you saying it outsells May/Pac or it doesn't?

It will. All the boxing fans will order it because they want to shit on MMA. 1/2 the MMA fans will watch because they want to see Conor lose. The other 1/2 the MMA fans will order it because they want to watch Conor.

If this fight ever happens which it won't, I don't see it outselling Pac/Mayweather

It will. All the boxing fans will order it because they want to shit on MMA. 1/2 the MMA fans will watch because they want to see Conor lose. The other 1/2 the MMA fans will order it because they want to watch Conor.

Care to bet on that?

I think it will do very good, and probably break the record.

I think it will do around 3mil.

I believe that yes, their are that many stupid fucking idiots in the world.

And the commentary of disappointment following this fight will be amazing.

Doubtful, even most casuals know this is a freakshow/novelty matchup.

The only people who haven't figured that out yet are nooby McGregor nuthuggers, who sure as hell aren't buying 4 million ppvs.

I say it does about 2 million due to the fame of the participants, but its tough seeing it go much higher than that.

Boxing fans aren't petty like the MMAnlet fans.

I.e. They don't fit the 18-40 demographic of boondocks inhabiting neckbeards with inferiority complexes that MMA appeals to.

I can assure you more than half of Boxing fans don't even know who Connie is and the other half care less about an exhibition match for Mayweather.

#REDPILL

The longer the wait the less people will watch.

Next year boxing fans will be like "who the fock is this guy".

Doubtful, even most casuals know this is a freakshow/novelty matchup.

The only people who haven't figured that out yet are nooby McGregor nuthuggers, who sure as hell aren't buying 4 million ppvs.

I say it does about 2 million due to the fame of the participants, but its tough seeing it go much higher than that.

Conor has done 1.5-1.6 in the UFC....you think adding mayweather to the equation only equates to 500k buys?

Yeah, and if I dress nicely, comb my hair and buy her a nice steak dinner, Kate Upton will let me relieve myself all over her tits.

Point is son, it all sounds plausible in theory but the reality aint like that.

Back