Do you think a man and a woman can truly just be friends, or will it always end up getting sexual?

It's really hard being just friends with hot/pretty chicks. If they're fatties, they'll make great friends though. I never had the urge to bang my fat friends but those hot ones is another story...

"Pretty girl". If the OP added that qualifier, then maybe it'd be different. But my female friends I've never had sexual attraction towards. I don't see how that's any different from a cool male friend that you don't wanna fuck.

Now, if one is attracted to the other but the other isn't they can be friends to, although not completely by choice for both parties.

Now, if both find each other attractive (which is probably what everyone here seems to be talking about) it is possible if they have enough discipline. However, if they're choosing to "LJBF" there's probably a reason, like they have significant others. In this case, I'll agree that they are skating on thin ice and are a few fermented drinks from fucking the *beep* out of each other. Biology doesn't play games.
I think pretty is implied in these types of situations. I've had a number of female friends that either weren't my type, or that frankly I thought were ugly from a physical standpoint. Never once thought about banging them. Not that my girlfriends at the time believed that <45>

I've also been friends with girls I thought were anywhere from kinda cute to absolutely stunning. They were clearly not interested in me romantically, which was fine. I think some people have the idea that if you're attracted to someone you can't genuinely care about them as a person outside of sex.

That's not true, at least imo. But it's also not true that you never ever think about them sexually, at least not for me. There are also girls I wouldn't usually be friends with because I'd want to try to date them, but circumstances make them permanently off limits.

My friends girlfriends, wives, or exes. Friends sisters. My girlfriend's friends or sisters (this one is especially painful, I've dated some girls with VERY attractive friends or sisters and you must be disciplined about where your gaze lingers lol)

It's yet another issue where nuance and context is kind of important. Relationships and emotions are complex and layered. It's a bit beyond fuck, marry or kill

<seedat>

Only if the dude is a homo and the dudette is a lesbo.

In any other scenario it WILL get sexual eventually.

In my experience there's only two reasons a dude doesn't want to bang a woman. A) You don't want people you know to find out or B) she wont give it up. Situation A is the only one worth enduring because you're the one setting the boundaries.

Of course. I have plenty. I like women. Doesn't mean if they are attractive, I don't think about what they look like naked, but I'm sure they do the same. Plenty of circumstances remove the temptation anyway--if you or her or both are taken. If you aren't attracted. If you are aware of an STD. Possible relation. Many reasons. Then again, I have also slept with many female friends as well.

i have good female friends who i am not sexually atttracted to

I could be wrong but I feel like we evolved to only have female friends from yours and your wives family. There is an evolved reason women don't trust other women with their guy...

In my experience every time I had a female "friend" I would eventually think about banging her. I assume it's been the same for you all, yeh?

Usually, but I think there is rare ocassions were it stays platonic.

That being said,
Got an ex-gf
(8yrs on and off relationship)

She's one of my best friend,
And nothing is going to happen going foward cause we know it's never going to work between us. Trust me, we tried.

It doesn’t count if you already boinked her.

Or one is keeping the other around as a placeholder in case they're ever single for too long.

Women do this type of thing a ton. They always have a backup guy lined up in case current relationship fails

I have absolutely had female friends where sex didn’t get in way. One of my best friends is quite attractive, but sex would ruin what we have.

Women do this type of thing a ton. They always have a backup guy lined up in case current relationship fails
Yep that's been my experience. I've also definitely been the emergency boyfriend before. Most women I've known hate being single for any length of time and avoid it at all costs.

Back