Do you think 5'5 Valentina Shevchenko could beat you?

I'm a Sherdog minority in that I'm 40, 5'8" and weigh 170...I think she'd smash me. So would Nunes. And Cyborg. But I betcha I'd murk Rousey

I'm not big, but still significantly bigger than Valentina. I also have over 2 decades of training and have been an athlete my whole life, so I'm not really the key demo for this question.

But....my conditioning is also garbage right now, so if Valentina pushes the pace and survives my 1st round blitz she probably has a good chance of out hustling me for decision.

lol
this is going to light the tampon fuse on so many testosterone challenged people on here

lmao all these tough guy weirdos describing how they would beat the shit out of a girl.

giphy.gif

Lmao i was discussing that with the gf. Yea... she would maul me. I would make it a bathroom fight and get exhausted after 2 minutes. She is too experienced, would pace herself or hell... even drop me at the very beginning. Too technical.
I am 6’2” 210 lbs. Little to no mma experience whatsoever. Did some kickboxing but nothing serious.

Last edited:
The only thing remotely resembling a combat sport I participate in is wrestling my bald-headed champion a time or two a week, so yeah, I'm pretty sure Valentina could whoop me.

I was talking about it with my friend, who's a casual, during the fight.

Hes like 6'0-5'11, about 190 lbs. And he insisted that Valentina would kick his ass. Although im trying to explain to him, that he would wreck her life with one punch. He insisted that she looks too fast for him

Im 6'2, 200 lbs... i refuse to believe a girl the height of my GF could do anything. I would front kick her into another dimension.

Thoughts?

She would fuck you up, son. Unless you're a high level fighter, I really think she would wreck your shit.

I'm 6'7" 240 and I'm pretty sure she would ruin me unless I could get a choke on her fast. Of course I would crush her at that point. But these top tier athletes are basically superhuman compared to average blokes like us. Levels to this shit.

EDIT: Yep, if you land a solid shot on her it would probably wobble her no doubt. But...good luck with that

I would out strike her because I think she's overrated in that aspect, and I don't think she could get me to the ground. But she's a professional athlete with supreme conditioning, so I would probably gas and fail to knock her out. Unless I really had time to dedicate myself to training full time.

I'm 6'2" about 185 and lean. She would destroy me. I could beat a lot of WMMA fighters as many of small and weak and couldn't hurt a full sized male. But people like Valentina would kill me. Most people aren't used to being hit and would turtle up. Most people aren't used to going hard for longer than a few minutes (That's What She Said).

Nunes would dominate most of us Sherdoggers who don't train daily.

I would very much enjoy watching Valentina fight everyone here who says they'd beat her. She probably beats 98% of you.

I mean I'm all for talking shit on WMMA, but Shevchenko's a trained killer with perfect technique across multiple disciplines who's been fighting her entire life. Unless you're very well trained with a lot of fighting experience, you don't really stand a chance, I don't care how big you are.

I was talking about it with my friend, who's a casual, during the fight.

Hes like 6'0-5'11, about 190 lbs. And he insisted that Valentina would kick his ass. Although im trying to explain to him, that he would wreck her life with one punch. He insisted that she looks too fast for him

Im 6'2, 200 lbs... i refuse to believe a girl the height of my GF could do anything. I would front kick her into another dimension.

Thoughts?

I've sparred and grappled with pro WMMA fighters and BJJ/Sambo world championship competitors and a couple of UFC names.

I think the assumption is that a long time club level male with a 75lbs weight advantage is similar level to a pro female fighter.

I'm 200lbs and they are always about 125lbs. It feels like fighting a child during stand up sparring. Never sparred a girl that's around 155lbs though, i think they could pack a fair punch at that weight.

Girls are very technical, but don't have a big power shot to worry about, even when they land clean it's not bad.

Grappling rules only though, i get tied up and tapped by the world level girls. It's a whole new level compared to club level. It's shit for the ego, but i always console myself by saying if it were a street fight I'd have just picked them up and slammed them :)

I’m 5”11,180 and work out 6 days a week. Over gone to some BJJ classes and a couple boxing classes

no shame in saying she’d waste me

5ft 9 and only 160. Pretty sure she would take me out with a head kick. I would like to think I could beat Michelle Waterson but the reality is she would find a way to trip me and then disable one of my limbs on the ground

My former boxing coach is a 5'6 130-135lbs woman. I've lost track of how many times I've seen some guy think they can take her in sparring only to end up crying uncle and taking a knee.

Unless you're fit and massive or have pro fighting experience, you're gonna get your shit wrecked by Valentina.

I’d have a chance when I was training consistently, only bc I’m a dude & significantly larger.

But even then, my chances wouldn’t be amazing.

Any male pro at her weight in the top 50 ends her, tho

This seems to me like a very reasonable assessment. She'd have her way with the average untrained guy but would be out of her league against some--possibly most--pro male fighters, even those her size.

This is her trying to grapple against a lightweight boxer:

<{jackyeah}>

Wow! Do you think she has that little practice? Or are you extremely HUGE? :eek:

Wait, are we talking about the same thing or...?

Well it's much more impressive than just beating some random LW boxer. This guy isn't a boxing LW, that would be 135, he's 168 (i'm sure walks much heavier), 34-4 as a pro boxer, clearly a great athlete, clearly has some grappling training (obvious wrestling basics at the very least) and this was back in 2013 while Shevchenko's grappling has improved TONS. Were talking about generally fatass Sherdoggers here not high level athletes/competitors...which I assume is your point? I don't even know why i'm posting in such a stupid thread lol.

I think it's finally time to put TS on ignore, dudes threads are absolute trash. Shit, his last thread was about how pro wrestling robots will replace the sport of mma.

Back