Do you take your food back if it's not "tasty (Restaurants)...

Wow. This guy has to be trolling. It has nothing to do with fearing something was going to be done about your food. Sending food back based on something subjective like taste is idiotic. You're just an entitled little brat, along with your friend. It just sounds like you were spoiled rotten as a child and never wanted for much. This thread makes my brain hurt.

Are you a server or in the kitchen? Customers can be a fucking nightmare. They can treat you like complete shit and spit in your face come time to tip.

If i ever had pride serving/delivering, those fuckers beat it out of me.
Cook.

I worked retail for years at a nice mall that was 80% tourists, most of those from other countries who usually have a shit ton of money and a bad attitude. Shitty customers don't bother me. We had a cafe attached to the last place I worked and I helped them out from time to time and it's easy.

Some random person treating you like shit shouldn't fuck your day up. I've dealt with people who have been shaking in anger after I've messed up a dish and cooked them a fresh one free of charge within minutes. It just happens.

Dat ego man.

Same here. But there's a difference between nitpicking, pain-in-the-ass customers looking for problems and one's that are your or your establishment's fault.

Like the contractor that told me a lady complained because her counters weren't fully painted on the bottom. You know, that section that is behind the doors and facing the floor. She literally had to get on her hands and knees and crain her neck under the counter to see if it was painted or not. That's extreme.

Why weren't they painted? Were they supposed to be?

Ha! Good way to get some spit and/or pubes in your food.

Nah, ill just ask for a refund and dip. The next meal might have spit or some shit in it.

^^Lol this is the stupidest paranoia.

Why weren't they painted? Were they supposed to be?

My guess is they weren't painted because no one sees that part of the cabinet...unless you're an anal retentive, pain-in-the-ass, no-life, jerk.

I'm sure that's a gray area of the contract. The one that says they will paint the cabinets and the assumption is they paint the area's that are used and/or will be seen with everyday use. Not the parts not used or seen. Otherwise they'll be painting the underside and backs of the cabinets that are secured to the floor and wall.

As per any contract there is always an assumption of reasonableness.

Cook.

I worked retail for years at a nice mall that was 80% tourists, most of those from other countries who usually have a shit ton of money and a bad attitude. Shitty customers don't bother me. We had a cafe attached to the last place I worked and I helped them out from time to time and it's easy.

Some random person treating you like shit shouldn't fuck your day up. I've dealt with people who have been shaking in anger after I've messed up a dish and cooked them a fresh one free of charge within minutes. It just happens.

Dat ego man.

Nah fuck em. I don't need to be treated like shit at work or anywhere else. I'll never throw the first stone, so if you got bad service from me it was your own fault.

Besides all that, there are circumstances delivering food where you just can't help it. If i have 5 deliveries, someone has to be 5th. If you took care of me in the past i made sure you weren't 5th. If you were constantly tipping like shit, I'd rather your order be late than someone else. It would have been dumb to piss off the customers i profited more from.

^^Lol this is the stupidest paranoia.

Hey everyone, look! Dude worked at some restaurants, so now he can speak for all of them.

The strange thing is that I've met other people who've worked at restaurants and they've warned me about how some employees fuck with your food...who should I believe? :icon_neut

I hope the restaurant staff told your friend to suck dick. The temerity of that guy.

Hey everyone, look! Dude worked at some restaurants, so now he can speak for all of them.

The strange thing is that I've met other people who've worked at restaurants and they've warned me about how some employees fuck with your food...who should I believe? :icon_neut

Hey look! A guy that knows a guy that knows a guy who did this!
So you've seen them do it first hand, or are they just trying to sound cool like fuckin' every person ever?

The worst thing I've ever seen someone do is hold an order for 40 minutes and I've worked with felons.

99% of people aren't going to risk their livelihood to fuck with your food. Also, your friends sound poor.

Nah fuck em. I don't need to be treated like shit at work or anywhere else. I'll never throw the first stone, so if you got bad service from me it was your own fault.

Besides all that, there are circumstances delivering food where you just can't help it. If i have 5 deliveries, someone has to be 5th. If you took care of me in the past i made sure you weren't 5th. If you were constantly tipping like shit, I'd rather your order be late than someone else. It would have been dumb to piss off the customers i profited more from.

I'm sorry but you're not really convincing me complaining about tips you did or didn't get for food you didn't prepare.
Oh we're talking about Pizza?
eh, no me importa

So you've seen them do it first hand, or are they just trying to sound cool like fuckin' every person ever?

The worst thing I've ever seen someone do is hold an order for 40 minutes and I've worked with felons.

99% of people aren't going to risk their livelihood to fuck with your food. Also, your friends sound poor.

So basically you're the authority on all things restaurant/dining?
Newsflash, genius: I'm not saying that what you've seen/experienced didn't happen, I'm just letting you know that there's a world out there outside of the places you've been where other people do different things. Amazing, I know.

Also, how does that statement make me seem like I'm trying to "sound cool"? If that's what you got out of it, you need to reevaluate how you look at things.

:icon_lol: at my friends sounding poor. They worked in the same industry as you.

So basically you're the authority on all things restaurant/dining?
Newsflash, genius: I'm not saying that what you've seen/experienced didn't happen, I'm just letting you know that there's a world out there outside of the places you've been where other people do different things. Amazing, I know.

Also, how does that statement make me seem like I'm trying to "sound cool"? If that's what you got out of it, you need to reevaluate how you look at things.

:icon_lol: at my friends sounding poor. They worked in the same industry as you.

I'm not an authority on anything, I'm telling you to use some common sense and not listen to everything people tell you if you haven't expereinced it yourself.

Do you know the amount of time and energy it requires to sufficiently spit on someone's food, cover it up, and do all of this without getting caught? And you trust these people to cook you a meal in the first place without dropping shit on the floor, getting their dirty hands on it, breathing on it, possibly getting saliva in it, etc. the first time, yet you think they're going to spit in your food just because your bro's bro's best bro's bro in law said one time he saw some Vietnamese guy who was actually from Hawaii do it?

It's dumb. It's lacking in common sense. It's a stupid paranoia. I'm telling you, I just turned around an absolute shit hole into a respectable kitchen, and those people would still never dream of spitting or tampering with someone's food. It takes a sociopath to do that. Has it happened? Sure. Is it likely that it's going to happen to you? I'd put it at less than 1%, which is less of a chance of it being cross-contaminated with raw meat or fish and getting you sick, which is way more common than most of you realize.

And from the sounds of it, your friends telling you this or that they've seen this are poor and haven't/don't make as much money as I have.

Jon Jones and Ryan Jimmo are in the same industry. I guess they make the same pay and have the same point of reference and repertoire for their industry.
If most of you saw the real dangers and fuckery in a kitchen, you wouldn't care one bit about a little spit in your food. It's a stupid paranoia that isn't remotely as common or harmful as the stuff that gets people sick

I'm not an authority on anything, I'm telling you to use some common sense and not listen to everything people tell you if you haven't expereinced it yourself.

Do you know the amount of time and energy it requires to sufficiently spit on someone's food, cover it up, and do all of this without getting caught? And you trust these people to cook you a meal in the first place without dropping shit on the floor, getting their dirty hands on it, breathing on it, possibly getting saliva in it, etc. the first time, yet you think they're going to spit in your food just because your bro's bro's best bro's bro in law said one time he saw some Vietnamese guy who was actually from Hawaii do it?

It's dumb. It's lacking in common sense. It's a stupid paranoia. I'm telling you, I just turned around an absolute shit hole into a respectable kitchen, and those people would still never dream of spitting or tampering with someone's food. It takes a sociopath to do that. Has it happened? Sure. Is it likely that it's going to happen to you? I'd put it at less than 1%, which is less of a chance of it being cross-contaminated with raw meat or fish and getting you sick, which is way more common than most of you realize.

And from the sounds of it, your friends telling you this or that they've seen this are poor and haven't/don't make as much money as I have.

Jon Jones and Ryan Jimmo are in the same industry. I guess they make the same pay and have the same point of reference and repertoire for their industry.
If most of you saw the real dangers and fuckery in a kitchen, you wouldn't care one bit about a little spit in your food. It's a stupid paranoia that isn't remotely as common or harmful as the stuff that gets people sick

Using your logic, I shouldn't listen to you either then.

Also, you're going strawman and doing a very poor job of it. Where did I mention anything about my friend's friend/bro's bro, etc being the source of the information? I clearly stated that people I've known who've worked in restaurants have told me that they themselves saw it happen; no one told them, it happened right in front of them, making their experience as relevant and pertinent as yours.

Oh shit, I didn't know I was talking to bobby flay over here.
Seriously man, get over yourself. Your assumptions are flawed and rather embarrassing.

So you're the jon jones of your industry? Makes me wonder why you waste so much time on here talking to us mere mortals.

I don't eat at places with the notion that this sort of thing happens regularly or frequently, however I'd rather not even take that chance so I just play it safe.

Using your logic, I shouldn't listen to you either then.

Also, you're going strawman and doing a very poor job of it. Where did I mention anything about my friend's friend/bro's bro, etc being the source of the information? I clearly stated that people I've known who've worked in restaurants have told me that they themselves saw it happen; no one told them, it happened right in front of them, making their experience as relevant and pertinent as yours.

Oh shit, I didn't know I was talking to bobby flay over here.
Seriously man, get over yourself. Your assumptions are flawed and rather embarrassing.

So you're the jon jones of your industry? Makes me wonder why you waste so much time on here talking to us mere mortals.

I don't eat at places with the notion that this sort of thing happens regularly or frequently, however I'd rather not even take that chance so I just play it safe.

Yes, my assumptions that I've never seen anyone spit or contaminate food.
I'm not the Jon Jones by any stretch, I was just poking a hole in your shitty argument you should be embarrassed that you made. I'll change it to Rick Story/Cody Mckenzie. Same industry. Same skill level and money obviously. If your friends are working in a place so shitty that there is no supervision or accountability or anyone watching what you do that they have the time and energy to contaminate someone's food knowingly, the place is an absolute shit hole run by shitty people who employ shitty people. So either your friends are poor or lying.

You shouldn't believe me; you should be a grown up and use some common fucking sense instead of believing what people are telling you. Someone is not going to spit in your food. Could it happen? Sure. Is it? no.

You're not going to be struck by lightning.
You're not going to fuck Miranda Kerr.
You're not going to get stabbed on your doorstep by a prostitute from Panama.
Could you? Sure. Will you? No.

And if you really think you're "playing it safe", then you're clueless. Eating out anywhere is not "playing it safe". You're putting your health and wellness in the hands of people you don't know and often times don't even see, yet you think these people are going to spit in your food.

AND STILLLL LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION

lol livelihood as in like teens flipping burgers at Mcdonalds? You may be experienced, but I feel you are drawing from a very small sample size.

lol livelihood as in like teens flipping burgers at Mcdonalds? You may be experienced, but I feel you are drawing from a very small sample size.

First of all, we're talking about actual restaurants here, where you can actually send the food back.

Secondly, those "kids" at McDonalds are a lot of times single mothers working for 9 dollars an hour, on camera all day, and with managers standing over them constantly. Do you really think they're going to fuck their lives up to spit on your cold McDouble they don't give a shit about in the first place?

here
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/08/08/2433601/fast-food-workers-young/
Be quiet

Of course I send it back until I like it, I'm paying for it after all.

Not sure if serious

First of all, we're talking about actual restaurants here, where you can actually send the food back.

Secondly, those "kids" at McDonalds are usually single mothers working for 9 dollars an hour, on camera all day, and with managers standing over them constantly. Do you really think they're going to fuck their lives up to spit on your cold McDouble they don't give a shit about in the first place?

here
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/08/08/2433601/fast-food-workers-young/
Be quiet

I have a feeling you've had your food spat on :icon_lol:

Back