Do you take your food back if it's not "tasty (Restaurants)...

If everyone ordered the same thing and mine was bland in comparison, then yes, I would send it back. Otherwise, no. The fact that I find it bland doesn't mean I'm going to send it back. Just won't order it again.

I get what you're saying, I guess I just feel as if, that's what I ordered, so I'm going to deal with it.

Naw bro. The restaurant needs to understand your specific tastes and cater to them personally. If they can't be bothered to understand the likings of each individual customer, I don't even realize why they are in business.

This day and age we all deserve the best at all times. Disappointment will not be tolerated.

and then re order?

I'm not talking about if something is wrong with the food. Do you re order if the food doesn't "wow" you? I have a friend that I've eaten with in the past who has taken his food back 3 times because it didn 't meet his expectations. Finally the manager had to come out and agree to customize a special meal for him. By that time, I was ready to go home.
So do you re order, or do you just eat it and pay for a bland dish?

Discuss.

Full of spit, semen and urine.

Naw bro. The restaurant needs to understand your specific tastes and cater to them personally. If they can't be bothered to understand the likings of each individual customer, I don't even realize why they are in business.

This day and age we all deserve the best at all times. Disappointment will not be tolerated.

Heaven forbid anyone's feelings get hurt. Ever.

Sigh...

It's not about the choice. It's about the dish wasn't tasty enough. The restaurant has the responsibility to cater to the customer. Correct?

This. I ask for refunds at movie theater if I didn't enjoy it. Same with video games.

The only thing i'm particular about is steak. I always order it medium, haven't had an issue so far.

But after watching that movie "waiting", i'm not sending anything back.

If you don't like it, then leave and go to taco bell or something.

Sigh...

It's not about the choice. It's about the dish wasn't tasty enough. The restaurant has the responsibility to cater to the customer. Correct?

incorrect, in my opinion. the restaurant is obligated to give you what is written on the menu. if the steak isn't tasty enough, you learn to never return to that restaurant.

"Not tasty enough" is subjective - if you didn't feel like paying, you could just say that. If the food wasn't good enough, you don't go back to that restaurant.

You and your friends can do what you want, but that sounds like some entitled crap to me.

OK but you know quality food vs non quality. For example, a steak cooked at Ruths Chris vs one prepared in a prison cafeteria. That was an extreme example, but there are levels to quality food. Everyone can agree on what a well prepared dish of pasta should taste like.

And lol @ entitlement. A customer is supposed to feel entitled.

honestly if any of my friends did this, i would consider severing our friendship.

OK but you know quality food vs non quality. For example, a steak cooked at Ruths Chris vs one prepared in a prison cafeteria. That was an extreme example, but there are levels to quality food. Everyone can agree on what a well prepared dish of pasta should taste like.

If you order a steak rare and it comes out medium send it back but if you order a $20 steak at Applebees and it's not the same quality as Ruth's Chris tough shut imo.

This. I ask for refunds at movie theater if I didn't enjoy it. Same with video games.

I don't understand why restaurants get a pass when it comes to demanding product quality. It's like the public is supposed to tip toe around their product and service. It's like if you demand quality, you are an asshole, because they have it rough in their line of work.

i sort of get the feeling that you're trolling us. not sure, though.

and then re order?

I'm not talking about if something is wrong with the food. Do you re order if the food doesn't "wow" you? I have a friend that I've eaten with in the past who has taken his food back 3 times because it didn 't meet his expectations. Finally the manager had to come out and agree to customize a special meal for him. By that time, I was ready to go home.
So do you re order, or do you just eat it and pay for a bland dish?

Discuss.

I can only imagine how bad the staff cut your table up after you left.

To answer the question. I don't dine at shitty restaurants so it hasn't been an issue thus far. With that said a good server would be able to explain the menu so your chance of getting something you disliked was minimal. Also, a good server would note if you were picking at your food and attempt to abate the situation.

The fact that chef didn't visit your table after the 2nd failed attempt tells me that you dine in frozen food microwave establishments so you shouldn't be complaining that your Wal Mart cut of beef was bland anyway. The only fresh thing your friend got was the ball sweat on that last plate.

I don't understand why restaurants get a pass when it comes to demanding product quality. It's like the public is supposed to tip toe around their product and service. It's like if you demand quality, you are an asshole, because they have it rough in their line of work.

nothing is perfect. everything has a flaw. even the steak at ruth's chris. are you going to return a steak from ruth's chris because the quality isn't at the level as the steak served at the house of prime rib?

Back