Do you take your food back if it's not "tasty (Restaurants)...

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
and then re order?

I'm not talking about if something is wrong with the food. Do you re order if the food doesn't "wow" you? I have a friend that I've eaten with in the past who has taken his food back 3 times because it didn 't meet his expectations. Finally the manager had to come out and agree to customize a special meal for him. By that time, I was ready to go home.
So do you re order, or do you just eat it and pay for a bland dish?

Discuss.

No, I only return things if there was a blatant fuck up. And that happens pretty rarely.

Nope. I'll only return a dish if there is something wrong with it. I ordered it, if I don't like it it's my own damn fault not the restaurant's.

I wouldn't. I just wouldn't order it again. If they ask how it is I would tell them sucks and leave it at that.

Recently went to a buffet. It was cold. Whatever. Went again. Cold. Complained. Told them me and my friends were going to quit coming if they keep serving cold food. They said other people complained as well and that they will fix it. Last time I went out, it was hot. So it's all good. I would have not paid, but I ate it anyway. If I eat the meal I'll pay.

If it was completely terrible then yes. I'm not going to choke down something I don't like.

If the next dish they brought out was equally as shitty then I'd ask for the check and leave.

I would never send something back because it didn't quite live up to my expectations.

Nope. I'll only return a dish if there is something wrong with it. I ordered it, if I don't like it it's my own damn fault not the restaurant's.

exactly. if i order spaghetti and i get coleslaw then yeah i'll return it. if i get the worse tasting spaghetti ever made oh well.

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. You got what you wanted, but the dish was bland to your taste buds.

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. You got what you wanted, but the dish was bland to your taste buds.

Even bland I wouldn't send it back.

If it was terrible I would.

Because YOU ordered it. Not their responsibility to cater to your poor choice.

Sigh...

It's not about the choice. It's about the dish wasn't tasty enough. The restaurant has the responsibility to cater to the customer. Correct?

french-toast-o.gif

Honestly Bay your friend sounds like the secret guest on a Gordon Ramsay show that is trying his hardest to find something wrong.

I want to eat here. Prashad.

Sigh...

It's not about the choice. It's about the dish wasn't tasty enough. The restaurant has the responsibility to cater to the customer. Correct?

"Not tasty enough" is subjective - if you didn't feel like paying, you could just say that. If the food wasn't good enough, you don't go back to that restaurant.

You and your friends can do what you want, but that sounds like some entitled crap to me.

Sigh...

If everyone ordered the same thing and mine was bland in comparison, then yes, I would send it back. Otherwise, no. The fact that I find it bland doesn't mean I'm going to send it back. Just won't order it again.

I get what you're saying, I guess I just feel as if, that's what I ordered, so I'm going to deal with it.

Sigh...

Any particular dish can be made 101 different ways, and different people will think different versions are better than others. Unless something is horrible, completely screwed up, or different than what the menu said, I wouldnt send something back just because I prefer it made a different way.

Back