Do you take it easy on women?

Call me old fashioned or a woos but I feel so uncomfortbale grappling a girl. Their hair & breasts I'm so careful not to touch & I end up just holding them in my guard, sweeping & not mounting... I don't know it just doesn't feel right.

Always go easy.

And when my woman came in once and saw me sparring with a chick, I just turtled and stalled. Don't wanna actively try to pass guard or gain good position.

I don't spar with women. Because I CAN'T go full power with them. I can't even go 25%. I can't use force with women. It's against who I am. I know it's training but still. I just can't do it.

Hamit - a little bit of power exerted against a woman in a non-violent, consensual setting can have its own rewards. You don't have to go full power or anything. Enjoy.

If they're not hot, I take it easy on them. If they are hot, I pick them apart so I can offer to give them some "private lessons".

Wow, a lot of guys don't like grapplin with them women. Some of which don't want to get beaten by them; grapplers have pride.

It was strange at first, but I got used to it. Accidental groping is strange yes, but I've accidently hit guys in the nuts before and I don't like to do that either.

I'm really not too keen on rolling with women either, though it does depend on how good they are. With some of the less experianced women it's just way too easy to put them wherever you want them to go. However there are a few good ones that really know what they are doing.

Damn... Nobody ever seems to go easy with me. Starting out, they were stretching and cranking me particularly harder than the other greenhorns. I've been choked unconscious twice by their bastard brown belt, even after tapping. Same bastard popped me in the liver, even though we weren't supposed to be striking. His buddy, the purple belt, seemed to take joy in "accidentially" headbutting, elbowing, or kneeing me but never had that accident with anyone else. After a learned some defense (pretty much all I learned, it seems), at least I stopped getting injured up until I left.

At the place I used to practice at, after going to college, the instructor and trainers must have had serious ego problems... They literally maimed all of us lower belts, regardless of gender. Last I heard, the RGIJJA put them out of business for being hacks.

Anywhere else, where I'm not intentionally maimed, I don't feel like anyone gives me slack. I think I get no slack because it's always been clean and clear that I'm stronger than most guys my weight. I also look very nondescript, when in my gear, which could also be a factor in getting equal treament.

In general, when I'm rolling with someone with less capacity than me, I'll take it easy. I have no real ego, so I generally like to use the bare minimum amount of force or technique necessary to win (or keep from being killed). Lazy me

johil d'o said:
I rolled against a woman once. Her skeletal frame was delicate, like a little bird. Anyway, we rolled and I remember putting a hardcore wicked can opener on her delicate little neck (I'm closer to 180 lbs or more). She just flailed wildly (perhaps she was tapping? I couldn't really tell, cuz I was cranking it so hard) until she finally stopped moving altogether. I got up and changed clothes to leave. When I left the dojo 10 minutes later, she appeared to still be lying on the mat in the same spot that I left her with her eyes closed. I guess she was just resting. :eek:

It's fun training with women.

yeah I bet they love to train with you too you crazy person.

to those guys who don't want to go full power on a woman:

while you guys are rolling, teach her moves. don't be so selfish. if a woman was ever to get attacked in the real world, she would have a chance at escape using technique if she practiced enough. lots of women get into BJJ for self defense. if you guys aren't rolling 100% (like an attacker would), then you should at least teach some techniques if she's on a lower skill level than you are.

I go hard if I have to.

After a night of sub wrestling I got thrown up against this female 2nd dan Judoka. I had to work harder to keep her under control than I do against most guys and she probably weighed a lot less than me.

An enormous Brazilian purple belt I know tells me he's been tapped out by women many times so I KNOW there are women out there who could tap me.

Logically, I'd rather learn from a woman who could beat me than roll with a guy I can toy with...

I hold back and let them work. The girls in bjj class are usually from judo and have little experience of groundwork.

It depends on how big they are. I've trained with some judo girls who've been bigger than me. Generally i'll go full/normal speed but minimize my use of strength depending on their size.

Shina said:
Damn... Nobody ever seems to go easy with me. Starting out, they were stretching and cranking me particularly harder than the other greenhorns. I've been choked unconscious twice by their bastard brown belt, even after tapping. Same bastard popped me in the liver, even though we weren't supposed to be striking. His buddy, the purple belt, seemed to take joy in "accidentially" headbutting, elbowing, or kneeing me but never had that accident with anyone else. After a learned some defense (pretty much all I learned, it seems), at least I stopped getting injured up until I left.

At the place I used to practice at, after going to college, the instructor and trainers must have had serious ego problems... They literally maimed all of us lower belts, regardless of gender. Last I heard, the RGIJJA put them out of business for being hacks.

Anywhere else, where I'm not intentionally maimed, I don't feel like anyone gives me slack. I think I get no slack because it's always been clean and clear that I'm stronger than most guys my weight. I also look very nondescript, when in my gear, which could also be a factor in getting equal treament.

In general, when I'm rolling with someone with less capacity than me, I'll take it easy. I have no real ego, so I generally like to use the bare minimum amount of force or technique necessary to win (or keep from being killed). Lazy me

1. those of you that go full force are crazy, I bet guys don't like rolling with you either,
I bet, your nick name is something along the lines of SPAZ or too wild, the uncontrolled guy.
too many oops accidentally hits you in the face guy, gee I wonder why?

2. with a guy you want to be cool, your training partner is not a crash test dummy for you to
practice moves on, it's a friendship, with a girl, you have GOT to be a gentleman. Manners,
politeness. Appropriateness. don't crush her with all your weight, be mindful. do you want her
to come back or no? someone mentioned it earlier but be technical, with her, it will improve
your intensity control and technicals skills a lot. help her with techniques.

3. if you kick her ass, and be an A-hole, they usually think of you as just that, an A-hole
and they will smell insecurity from a mile away. nobody likes an ego inflated guy period.

usually i use more technique and less strong . still there are some good bjj womans out there

So far the only girls I've rolled with have been much smaller and less experienced than me. I try to gage my training with all the people I roll with and try to push the limit of what they can take without going over the line. I only roll full out with someone whose weight/strength/technique ratio is = to or greater than mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back