Do you support a person's right to control their own death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts and been badly depressed every day since October. I sleep and lay in a closet all day, the only thing that brings me any sort of joy is researching suicide methods and posting on a pro-choice message board. I am in mental agony, yet the system is designed only to lock me up for feeling suicidal and treat me as if I am incapable of rational thought. When I last got discharged from the hospital, they gave me all this paperwork stating that they had stabilized me, when all they had done was make me 30 pounds heavier and more determined to get it right next time.

I cannot help but feel victimized by the system. It's been four months of constant mental agony and suffering. If my right to die was treated humanely, I could be resting in peace instead of living in hell. Instead, the system is designed to keep me alive when all I want is death. I have to spend $600 on a veterinary euthanasia product from Mexico, hope it clears customs and the dosage of pentobarbital is high enough to take me away. Otherwise, I end up back in the hospital against my will.

Turn to Jesus
Do not kill yourself
Do not hurt anyone else
Once it's done it cant be undone
Please build up some courage and endure
You will become stronger in doing so

Yes. Mental illness is hell. Every single fucking day is like walking on broken glass, even if nothing bad happens. When I decide I'm done, I'm done. Nobody else gets to decide that for me.

I will say though, the idea of suicide just pisses me off. If I can't figure this out, if life never gets good again, then so be it. But I don't want to give up, and I don't want to admit I can't accomplish my goals. Fuck that. If I'm going down either way, I'm going out swinging. If I don't succeed, it'll be because I couldn't. Not because I broke and gave up.

I fucking refuse.

TS I'm beat the fuck up, and I'm having a pretty bad week. So this pep talk is gonna be a little half assed. Don't give up man. If it's all going to shit anyway, take some risks. Start swinging back. Remind yourself of the things you used to want in life before you gave up on yourself, and make one last full effort to go get those things. If you fail, you're not going to end up worse off than you are now. And you might surprise yourself.

Turn to Jesus
Do not kill yourself
Do not hurt anyone else
Once it's done it cant be undone
Please build up some courage and endure
You will become stronger in doing so
<DisgustingHHH>

I have been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts and been badly depressed every day since October. I sleep and lay in a closet all day, the only thing that brings me any sort of joy is researching suicide methods and posting on a pro-choice message board. I am in mental agony, yet the system is designed only to lock me up for feeling suicidal and treat me as if I am incapable of rational thought. When I last got discharged from the hospital, they gave me all this paperwork stating that they had stabilized me, when all they had done was make me 30 pounds heavier and more determined to get it right next time.

I cannot help but feel victimized by the system. It's been four months of constant mental agony and suffering. If my right to die was treated humanely, I could be resting in peace instead of living in hell. Instead, the system is designed to keep me alive when all I want is death. I have to spend $600 on a veterinary euthanasia product from Mexico, hope it clears customs and the dosage of pentobarbital is high enough to take me away. Otherwise, I end up back in the hospital against my will.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255

suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Text CONNECT to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis.

Yes, I do. I think with a lot of people, it's not that they don't want to live, they just don't want to live the way they're presently living and a lot make a rash decision instead of trying to ride it out and seek other options. I hope you find an answer that keeps you living, TS. As painful as life can be, there are other options.

After I watched a Frontline documentary The Suicide Plan I definitely think euthanasia programs should be fully legal and embraced. But they dont make money like they healthcare system is designed. So they never will be. Good luck TS. Life is a motherfucker. At the very least eat a megadose of mushrooms or something to maybe elicit a change of heart and crush that depression.

We do the humane things for other animals but for some reason, many feel that humans don't deserve the same consideration and should be forced to endure very painful deaths or be allowed to exist physically after their mental capacity has ceased to exist. I believe humans deserve the right to chose when to end their lives.

I don't know what is causing you your issues but one thing I do know is it typically won't get better until you believe it can get better but simple faith is not enough you need to create a plan a way out of your mess which as cheesy as it sounds requires a leap of faith that it can get better to allow your psyche to be able to start to make the connections for how things you encounter lead to other things so you can even form a plan.

A word of caution is to be careful of people that want you to doubt yourself on your ability to achieve certain things because a lot of people will want to shove their nonsense on you by triggering you then once you are triggered to make ad hominin attacks against you blaming you for being triggered as a fundamental fault of yours and the reason you will never amount to anything as they usually make some sort of assertion that they know the true way that you are ignorant of if you would only have faith in them.

Another thing to consider is that everyone does that to a degree so don't think everyone is out to get you except for 'positive people' or true believers or whatever the fuck. It is a hard skill to learn but you have to learn to recognize when people are doing that and realize they are just projecting their bullshit fears into the idea of an other and to make the distinction of that other as a part of them and not you.

I think you should probably seek help for your issues instead of trying to end your life.

Without getting into it, yes.
I agree. But mostly for terminally ill people.

TS, your brain is nothing more than chemicals. If you get a little too much of this or not enough of that and it gives you these feelings.

It's challenging to find the right chemical cocktail to bring your brain back into balance but once you do, you won't feel like this anymore.

Yes. I believe in voluntary euthanasia with some conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back